LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Hands-free Bluetooth Useless in my 2004

Old 12-16-09, 02:47 PM
Moogy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hands-free Bluetooth Useless in my 2004

I have a 2004 LS430 Ultra and an iPhone. The Bluetooth works, but the volume is so low I can hardly hear people talk while I'm driving. The volume is set to max in the dash. What are my other options?

Thanks!
Old 12-16-09, 06:10 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Go to the following Lexus site to determine compatibility of your iPhone with your car

http://www.lexus.com/models/LS/acces...bluetooth.html
Old 12-16-09, 06:45 PM
zachpapa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Moogy
I have a 2004 LS430 Ultra and an iPhone. The Bluetooth works, but the volume is so low I can hardly hear people talk while I'm driving. The volume is set to max in the dash. What are my other options?

Thanks!
Try turning up the volume on your iphone all the way. The volume should get louder...although it may still be weak.
Old 12-16-09, 07:28 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I have an iPhone 3G and found the above suggestion works but I have also found that it varies (sound loudness) with different conditions.

-The caller is also using a BT device (that may be crappy)
-The caller is speaking too low or has the mouth piece too far away from their mouth.

When I asked the caller i'm talking too to speak up if they sound to low, it tends to work pretty well especially when I have been on calls with them and they are loud and clear.
Old 12-17-09, 08:14 AM
Moogy
Pole Position

Interesting the iPhone isn't on the list for the 2004 LS430.

One thing I've often wondered about is "updating" my LS430 system (like updating my computer's BIOS). If my computer/nav system is running the original 2004 system, that's probably not a good thing. There's got to be some sort of software update available, no?
Old 12-17-09, 01:58 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

There is a thread on here that explains how to get to some hidden functions like raising the bluetooth volume above the normal setting along with other things. Try doing a search on here for c-best settings i think it is. If i'm mistaken, can anyone who knows direct the man?
Old 12-18-09, 07:34 AM
spender
Driver

Hello, I've had all three versions of the iPhone thus far - 2G, 3G, and now 3GS - and there are some basic incompatibilities between the LS430 bluetooth and the iPhone, but it seems kind of variable. It definitely does not do the transfer of contacts to the Lexus, but most other things seem to work. For me, anyway, there are two main problems: there is a super-annoying LOUD tone for a few seconds every time an outgoing call is placed; and the iPhone ringer does not go through to the car's sound system. Otherwise, it is totally reliable and works well. I've had other cellphones with the car, and the Nokia E61 and E71 worked PERFECTLY with everything. I kind of think that the issue here is that the bluetooth "chip" in the LS is probably an older one - and thus has some hardware/firmware limitations, especially when coupled with the crippled iPhone bluetooth.

I have always wondered if the bluetooth component is a "plug in" part, or just integrated into the dash screen main computer unit - I think it's the latter, unfortunately. If anyone knows if this is a replaceable part, please let me know...

BTW, if anyone has a fix for the outgoing call tone issue noted above, I will shout you a bottle of scotch if your suggestion works (and I've tried all of them, so good luck!)
Old 12-20-09, 10:29 AM
Moogy
Pole Position

The only issue I have is with the volume of the caller; everything else works just fine. I'll see if I can find the details on raising the volume above max.

One question though is there a new version of the software/OS for the 2004 LS430 that I can install to upgrade my systems?
Old 01-07-10, 03:05 PM
ernieganas
Driver School Candidate

Ther is a hidden screen to increase the bluetooth volume, I asked my service writier today and one of his young service helpers got in the car and did it but I missed how he got into the screen. It was something to do with display mode

I'll try and find out whenI pick up the car

Ernie
Old 01-07-10, 03:06 PM
Moogy
Pole Position

That would be GREAT to learn and probably address the issues I'm having. Look forward to hearing what you find out. Thanks!
Old 01-17-10, 04:11 PM
singernak
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with all the comments. I to have the volume raised in my 2004 all the way and cannot hear people because the speaker is below the steering wheel, I wish there was a new upgrade to allow the Bluetooth to go thru the speakers. Any idea what year they changed from the little speaker, to the speakers of the car? also does the iphone music play thru bluettooth on the 2006 LS430?
Old 01-17-10, 10:35 PM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by spender
It definitely does not do the transfer of contacts to the Lexus
Try doing this with the car off, only the display should be on.
Old 01-17-10, 10:39 PM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by singernak
I agree with all the comments. I to have the volume raised in my 2004 all the way and cannot hear people because the speaker is below the steering wheel, I wish there was a new upgrade to allow the Bluetooth to go thru the speakers. Any idea what year they changed from the little speaker, to the speakers of the car? also does the iphone music play thru bluettooth on the 2006 LS430?
If you mean stream music from iphone to your car using bluetooth, than NO. I dont think even phone to phone can do this. Transfer music to another phone, YES, but not to the car.
Old 01-18-10, 04:05 PM
snakehead
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Stupid question , How do i work the bluetooth in my 2004 LS430, Is it in the manual ? I know i should have searched.
I just bought the car a few weeks ago. My last ride was a 1990 truck with 300,000 mi. So i am in the future now.

Last edited by snakehead; 01-18-10 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-18-10, 04:28 PM
Luvmy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by snakehead
Stupid question , How do i work the bluetooth in my 2004 LS430, Is it in the manual ? I know i should have searched.
I just bought the car a few weeks ago. My last ride was a 1990 truck with 300,000 mi. So i am in the future now.
What????? How did that happen? Please tell this story.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hands-free Bluetooth Useless in my 2004