LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

***Help me!!!should I get a GS430 or a LS430????!***

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-09, 07:14 PM
JDMfoLIFE
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Help me!!!should I get a GS430 or a LS430????!***

Hey guys I need some help, I cant Decide on which car I should get, Either a GS430 or a LS430 there both around the same price..So One week I would be on the GS nuts hard "no Homo" ..the design,how fast and quick but still bosshog and also i love the aggressive look dropped Fat Lip 3 to 5inch lip all around the exhaust and more aftermarket parts... Then there is the LS... the bosshogness in this car..big navi, I love it dopped the look so classly and so smooth and it could fit all my friends in the whip all my friends are 6 "1" and up biggest neg thing about the LS is how big the car is.. like is it really that big, when driving around does it feel like your driving a boat, do ppl have hard times parking etc and there isnt a lot of aftermarket parts, plus the exhaust cost 1100 dollars "looked it up".. But the LS does get better mpg..but it is a little bit slow!.. Now on the GS, I love it alot but i dont think it can fit all my friends n the car leg room wise.. and it has smaller leg room N the front as a driver..

here is somequestions... on the LS is it really that slow like the take off and all around..

about the GS if all my friends that are 6'1 and up will they be *****y about the leg room in the back.. Im 6foot my self.. i cant think of anyother questions right now but i have some ill post them up...

please help me out guys i dont know what do to...
Old 12-04-09, 07:55 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

If you are looking for hot rod sport sled the LS is absolutely not your ride. You can mod the crap out of it until its not an LS anymore but that's a waste on this car (and foolish looking IMHO). The LS 430 is a straight up boat - an old school Japanese "deuce and a quarter". With an LS its about subtlety, luxury, class, silky smooth power, master of the game riding in what is likely the best made factory car ever built. In terms of GS or LS one is not better than the other, each is a different game, you just have to decide which game you want to play (if you don't want to own both cars).

Last edited by Jabberwock; 12-04-09 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-05-09, 01:10 AM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The LS is made with better materials then GS inside. Rides a lot smoother. Parking is a breeze with the sensors and the rear cam if you have it. If you care about acceleration:
0-60 time of a GS 430 is 6.0 LS 430 is 6.3 and that is almost no difference. And another important thing is that the GS only like 120lbs lighter then the LS
Old 12-05-09, 05:20 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

"Bosshogness?" I've gotta remember that one.
Old 12-05-09, 06:24 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The big questions to ask when upgrading from GS to LS is...

1. Do you need the extra room
2. Do you want the "boat smooth" ride of the LS

The LS is not sporty (I have CL, maybe UL is) by any means, but it's a brisk little monster when it needs to be. I've always said, the LS is not pretentious. It's a lovely, fantastic, highway cruiser that behaves quite nicely in local traffic too.

As for parking, it's not harder than a '77 Cadillac Brougham. I've paralleled my LS plenty of times easily, and if you have '04+ with NAV and backup camera, it helps even more with parking.

Even mall parking is fine. It's really no wider than say a minivan.
Old 12-05-09, 07:24 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

If you think the LS430 is a big car, go test drive a Cadillac DTS at 208" in length (v. 197" for the LS430) and a turning circle of about 44' (v. 37' for the LS430). The LS430 has a lot of passenger and trunk space in a fairly compact package. The Cadillac STS is about the same size as the LS430, but has much less interior and trunk space.
Old 12-05-09, 10:01 AM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

In terms of reliability, according to Consumer Report, the LS is much more reliable than the GS-line. I personally think the LS makes more of a statement of luxury. The GS is luxurious but still lacks the prestige of the LS. If you are a sporty driver, the GS will be the way to go. The LS is not sport-oriented although still fast (has a 300hp V8). Those are just some general opinions. Good luck! You will be happy with either.
Old 12-05-09, 10:38 AM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
The big questions to ask when upgrading from GS to LS is...

1. Do you need the extra room
2. Do you want the "boat smooth" ride of the LS

The LS is not sporty (I have CL, maybe UL is) by any means, but it's a brisk little monster when it needs to be. I've always said, the LS is not pretentious. It's a lovely, fantastic, highway cruiser that behaves quite nicely in local traffic too.

As for parking, it's not harder than a '77 Cadillac Brougham. I've paralleled my LS plenty of times easily, and if you have '04+ with NAV and backup camera, it helps even more with parking.

Even mall parking is fine. It's really no wider than say a minivan.

Common man........How are you going to compare the LS to a 77 Brougham ( the brougham is like a foot longer in length, and much bigger in general
Old 12-05-09, 04:06 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Common...

Originally Posted by Vpanin
Common man........How are you going to compare the LS to a 77 Brougham ( the brougham is like a foot longer in length, and much bigger in general
Hey, I'm not Bill Gates, but I'm no "common man" either...

I was just comparing the two for parking ease and difficulty, not for luxury or any sort of passenger volume comparison. Back in H.S. the first "big car" I had to parallel was a '77 Brougham, which is why I even brought it up. Compared to that, the LS is like my Acura Integra.
Old 12-05-09, 06:07 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

go with GS if you want a sportier car.. LS if you want more room and luxury. i don't really feel the size difference when i'm driving or parking, but when i do wash them..

Originally Posted by Vpanin
0-60 time of a GS 430 is 6.0 LS 430 is 6.3 and that is almost no difference. And another important thing is that the GS only like 120lbs lighter then the LS
lexus claims 5.9 for LS430 and 5.7 for 06 GS430.. weight difference is 242lbs.
Old 12-05-09, 06:18 PM
morlexus
Driver School Candidate

My buddy has the GS430 and I have the LS430 the LS has more useable headroom and legroom - we always end up taking my car when a bunch of us goes out since we are all big people - you can't go wrong with either one - but I enjoy the extra room in the LS
Old 12-05-09, 06:47 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

If any MODing, drag racing, hooking up with women younger than 25, and steriods are in your future then go with the GS cause it oozes with adreneline.

If crusing, fine dining, body aching everytime it rains, peace of mind, and hatered of road noise defines you then the LS is your chariot.

Just my opinion.
Old 12-05-09, 08:22 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Slvr surfr - nicely written - I think you captured it pretty well
Old 12-05-09, 10:46 PM
JDMfoLIFE
Driver

Originally Posted by Slvr surfr
If any MODing, drag racing, hooking up with women younger than 25, and steriods are in your future then go with the GS cause it oozes with adreneline.

If crusing, fine dining, body aching everytime it rains, peace of mind, and hatered of road noise defines you then the LS is your chariot.

Just my opinion.
very well put.. thanks.. thanks you.. that was perfect!
Old 12-06-09, 12:46 AM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by stvincent
go with GS if you want a sportier car.. LS if you want more room and luxury. i don't really feel the size difference when i'm driving or parking, but when i do wash them..

lexus claims 5.9 for LS430 and 5.7 for 06 GS430.. weight difference is 242lbs.

Thats what they claim but I was using motor trend numbers

Quick Reply: ***Help me!!!should I get a GS430 or a LS430????!***