LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

04 LS w/Vaistech & Sirius ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-09, 07:31 AM
ayonnebay
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 04 LS w/Vaistech & Sirius ?

I have an '04 LS w/Nav & ML. I want to add Sirius via Vaistech & DEI. Has anyone done this to an '04 ? Also, assuming it can be done, and that tuner is built-in to the car, do I need a second Sirius account (more $$) to use a second Sirius tuner in my home Sirius radio ?

The Vaistech site application chart seems to indicate that the SLs will only work with 2005 & up. I can't imagine why it wouldn't be specified for the 04 models as well. (I also seem to recall seeing posts somewhere by people who have Sirius on their 04.)

As for how to pay for the second Sirius tuner in the house, when having the first tuner permanently installed in the car, the people at Sirius could not clearly answer that on the phone. She kept repeating that the tuner is moved back and forth from the car to the home. (She didn't seem to understand the Vaistech/DEI thing.) She sounded like she was off-shore, and I finally had to hang up, as we couldn't understand each other.

I'm just curious if anyone has Sirius w/vaistech?DEI on a 2004 specifically, and how you did it and how you pay.

Thanks. Walt

Last edited by ayonnebay; 07-26-09 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-27-09, 12:09 PM
froboy272
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the vaistech only works in the 04 if you already have a "SAT" button on your radio. i did it to my car and it is excellent. only problem is where to put the antenna. i put mine in the front window under the inspection sticker and the reception sucks. in the midst of trying to find a new spot on the inside cuz i dont want it on my paint.

to your questions though. the vaistech is worth the extra money for sirius. just let me know when u find the good antenna spot.
Old 07-27-09, 12:12 PM
froboy272
Pole Position

just saw payment questions now......if you have a home setup, you must add a receiver to your account. hence u will now have 1 account with 2 subscriptions (negotiate your own discount, shouldn't be more than $13/mth for both radios right now) once the vaistech is installed put your radio to channel 0. this gives you your radio ID# to give sirius as your 2nd unit. you will be up and running within 5 minutes of the call to sirius.
Old 07-27-09, 06:07 PM
ayonnebay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by froboy272
the vaistech only works in the 04 if you already have a "SAT" button on your radio. i did it to my car and it is excellent.

to your questions though. the vaistech is worth the extra money for sirius. just let me know when u find the good antenna spot.
Thanks for the response. I'm now trying to figure out just what hardware I need to do this. It looks like I'll need a Vaistech SL2s and then a Sirius SCC1 receiver.

I suppose that would be simple enough, but I presently have a Vaistech SL2i installed for my iPod. I may have to remove that, since I don't know if I can have both iPod AND Sirius Vaistech interfaces installed at the same time. ( They may have to plug into the same connectors on the head unit, etc.)

Walt
Old 07-28-09, 05:16 PM
froboy272
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ayonnebay
Thanks for the response. I'm now trying to figure out just what hardware I need to do this. It looks like I'll need a Vaistech SL2s and then a Sirius SCC1 receiver.

I suppose that would be simple enough, but I presently have a Vaistech SL2i installed for my iPod. I may have to remove that, since I don't know if I can have both iPod AND Sirius Vaistech interfaces installed at the same time. ( They may have to plug into the same connectors on the head unit, etc.)

Walt
yes the vaistech and the scc1 are all i used. as for the other piece i have no idea what you will have to do. call vaistech first. iv called them several times and they are always extremely helpful.
Old 07-28-09, 06:57 PM
ayonnebay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by froboy272
yes the vaistech and the scc1 are all i used. as for the other piece i have no idea what you will have to do. call vaistech first. iv called them several times and they are always extremely helpful.
Yes, I contacted Vaistech, and they said I can leave my Vaistech iPod interface there and just add the Sirius kit (SL2s & SCC1). So I'll have both iPod and Sirius capabilities thru my ML/Nav display. They are helpful. Thanks again.