LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

anyone with air susp have ss kit installed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-09, 04:56 PM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
i haven't ordered it yet. my wife is trying her hardest to convince me that i really don't need it. so i just re-searched on google and it is usually like the second choice that pops up a company was selling them in the US for like 700$ delivered but now i can't find the link to the page, oh well. i was trying to find a kit for around 500$ from japan and at the worst possible case was going to order it directly from the youzeland site and then have someone mail it or bring it to me.

if you find a cheaper than 700$ alternative please let me know as well...
Sojah-

If you can wait until December, I'm going back home again and bring the kits back for you.
Don't pay MSRP on those kits. There are also other alternative, "similar" to the youzealand or JP kit in concept...which priced at around $250~300 for the 15~30cm drop depends on the kit.

On the side note, I was going to buy the SS kit myself but I decided to go for an aftermarket air (ie. like the one group buy thing going on).
Old 07-01-09, 06:40 PM
optionii
Pole Position

Yeah, JAP2SEA can hook it up, Nao,I might be interest also and I am looking at the ksport kit too...
Old 07-01-09, 11:16 PM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by optionii
Yeah, JAP2SEA can hook it up, Nao,I might be interest also and I am looking at the ksport kit too...
Yep. I can always help you out as well Next trip home is in December.
Old 07-01-09, 11:52 PM
stock_sc
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to thread jack but who else makes those ss kits? i would love to find kits for $250-$300.
Old 07-02-09, 04:56 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ ^ me too ^ ^... i am really interested in the k sport kits but for a few reasons it doesn't make a lot of good sense for me to drop that kind of loot on some aftermarket air suspension. reasons is that if and when i go to sell it that will probably hurt the resale exponentially and unless my stock air susp goes out i don't see this upgrade happening unfortunately. it looks really freakin sweet though.

yeah my in laws are coming out to the dc area from osaka for their first US trip ever (excluding HI) in about 5 weeks so i was gonna see if i could get an ss kit sent to their home and they could bring it with them, but please do tell me or provide a link to some alternative 30cm drop bracket kits. .jp links are more than okay...

thanks jp2sea its good to know someone on the inside
Old 07-02-09, 11:12 AM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

^ ^ me too ^ ^... i am really interested in the k sport kits but for a few reasons it doesn't make a lot of good sense for me to drop that kind of loot on some aftermarket air suspension. reasons is that if and when i go to sell it that will probably hurt the resale exponentially and unless my stock air susp goes out i don't see this upgrade happening unfortunately. it looks really freakin sweet though.

yeah my in laws are coming out to the dc area from osaka for their first US trip ever (excluding HI) in about 5 weeks so i was gonna see if i could get an ss kit sent to their home and they could bring it with them, but please do tell me or provide a link to some alternative 30cm drop bracket kits. .jp links are more than okay...

thanks jp2sea its good to know someone on the inside
Glad to hear you can get hook up from your family! As for the "similar" alternative, the reason I didn't put the link or company is because youzealand has patent pending for the SS kit, not sure how JP does there but out of respect to the owner of youzeland whom I have spoken few times, I won't disclose the info on the alternative. It's out there, though.

If you can read Japanese, go on YJ, or Rakuten. The alternative kit is in black in color, I remember seeing it for 15mm, 20mm, 30mm, 40mm drop....

PM me anytime if you have any questions.
Old 07-02-09, 04:07 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

yo, who does the translations on that rakuten page?? i usually go to the jp page but since i was using my browser this time it auto directed me to the en version and the translations are worse than english dubbed akira kurosawa movies...

all i see is for the 10 and 20 series none for the 30 series... wtf.

dude how pimp are these jp house sandles,, i should make everyone who gets in my back seat wear some of these

JANKUSHONPURODYUSU

ehhh??? ^ ^ ^

Last edited by sojah; 07-02-09 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-02-09, 04:31 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

i searched on 'SSキットプ 30セルシオ' on the yj site and came up with a few youzeland hits but what are some good non you zeland search terms btw i can't read SSキットプ 30セルシオ i just copy and paste, cuz i'm good like that??
Old 07-02-09, 05:58 PM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

sent you a PM.
Old 07-02-09, 06:01 PM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

dude how pimp are these jp house sandles,, i should make everyone who gets in my back seat wear some of these

JANKUSHONPURODYUSU

ehhh??? ^ ^ ^
lol.... how much does it cost? would you spend $400 for a sandle like that if it has a logo of Gucci, or LV? I bought a $2.50 house sandles from Daiso. Do you guys have Daiso in DC area?
Old 07-02-09, 06:10 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

so if people buy the knock off one it is just as guilty as buying knock off rims right no?
Old 07-02-09, 07:37 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by REV-01
so if people buy the knock off one it is just as guilty as buying knock off rims right no?
not sure, cuz with knock off rims it is easy to see,,, as long as the parts were made out of the same metals and at the same quality i don't see why this particular part as a knock off would be so bad. u???
Old 07-02-09, 07:39 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

no hyaku-en shops around this area, except for the occasional korean store attached to a korean grocery, they actually have the same slippers but in fake burberry prints for like 10$ i seriously thought about picking up a pair the other day but they hurt my feet, and my wife just kept laughing at me....
Old 07-04-09, 01:06 AM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

not sure, cuz with knock off rims it is easy to see,,, as long as the parts were made out of the same metals and at the same quality i don't see why this particular part as a knock off would be so bad. u???
so you are saying if cannot see then it is okay? you are paying for youzealand's design too...
Old 07-04-09, 06:56 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by REV-01
so you are saying if cannot see then it is okay? you are paying for youzealand's design too...
i would definitely consider knock off if i knew the quality of the part was exactly the same and if i knew the only difference was the brand name, especially if no one will ever see the part or even car for that matter.

i used to own a set of 6.5k lowenhart wheels because i didn't want knock off's, when being vip and living in japan. now i don't know if i would do it again, because most people in the states, outside of so-cal and a couple other metropolitan areas don't even know the difference. + now i'm married and don't have that kind of spending cash

how is it in HI, everyone concerned with name brands like JP?? i like your 808 post count. i hope to move up there sometime next year and will be bringing my UL, maybe i can get some more parts and find more shops knowledgeable enough to actually install them.

Last edited by sojah; 07-04-09 at 07:00 AM.