LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

06 UL Ecru Interior Carpet Mats, Taupe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-09, 11:46 AM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 UL Ecru Interior Carpet Mats, Taupe?

Looking to replace my 2006 LS430 UL Ecru interior floor mats. Local Lexus dealer says only replacements are Taupe or Cashmere. He said original equipment for my car was the Taupe mats. I guess light colored mats were not available in Ecru. Does anyone have the Cashmere mats with Ecru interior?
Old 06-19-09, 03:18 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm i am a little color blind but i have an 05 ul w/ ecru interior and i have a darker color floor mat, almost a light brown. i can't really picture taupe or cashmere but if i had to guess i would say it looks like it could be a taupe color. everyone makes fun of my floor mats and says that they are some cheap aftermarket set but they say lexus and are clean and soft they just happen to be a little darker than the ecru interior.

pic:

can anyone tell whats in the seat back pocket?? i'll give you a hint, there were six of them and i had like 3 or 4 of them in the mini fridge.

Last edited by sojah; 06-19-09 at 03:28 PM.
Old 06-19-09, 03:47 PM
stackwell
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sojah - japanese marble soda? lol
Old 06-19-09, 04:02 PM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sojah
hmm i am a little color blind but i have an 05 ul w/ ecru interior and i have a darker color floor mat, almost a light brown. i can't really picture taupe or cashmere but if i had to guess i would say it looks like it could be a taupe color. everyone makes fun of my floor mats and says that they are some cheap aftermarket set but they say lexus and are clean and soft they just happen to be a little darker than the ecru interior.

pic:

can anyone tell whats in the seat back pocket?? i'll give you a hint, there were six of them and i had like 3 or 4 of them in the mini fridge.
Yup, they look like mine and the guy called them taupe. Do they match your door sill and dash?
Old 06-19-09, 07:06 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Deer park that's good water...
Old 06-20-09, 05:32 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no, no, no!!! your not even close (alexus)

they are red... thats a pretty good hint. but that marble soda stuff still perplexes me to this day, my wife said they were a comfort snack for her when she was growing up (the marble soda that is) (kids stuff i figure). i had one marble soda ever and spent the next 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get it out (the marble), i finally started bashing it against the sidewalk to break off the top in order to get the marble out, i held it up with a sense of great accomplishment and looked around and noticed about 10 japanese school kids staring at me with strange looks on their faces. i felt like a cave man who just discovered fire, until i realized that a marble isn't really good for anything.

they sorta match my door sills and dash, but i'm sorta color blind so i wouldn't put any money on that.
Old 06-20-09, 08:30 AM
stackwell
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sojah
no, no, no!!! your not even close (alexus)

they are red... thats a pretty good hint. but that marble soda stuff still perplexes me to this day, my wife said they were a comfort snack for her when she was growing up (the marble soda that is) (kids stuff i figure). i had one marble soda ever and spent the next 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get it out (the marble), i finally started bashing it against the sidewalk to break off the top in order to get the marble out, i held it up with a sense of great accomplishment and looked around and noticed about 10 japanese school kids staring at me with strange looks on their faces. i felt like a cave man who just discovered fire, until i realized that a marble isn't really good for anything.

they sorta match my door sills and dash, but i'm sorta color blind so i wouldn't put any money on that.
hahaha I know what you mean! When I had it for the first time I attempted to drink it with the marble still there. FAIL! Then I did the exact same thing you did except I used the corner of a wall
Old 06-20-09, 12:59 PM
LRoy430ul
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an 04 ul with Ecru and when I bought mine at the dealership they gave me new Ecru mats. I had a choice between the all weather mats or the original ones to match the car. Its weird though cause the ones that came with the car are gray and they match the dash and doors. I have the ecru mats in the car now but I bought clear plastic mats to put over them because they get dirty easily......
Old 06-21-09, 08:25 AM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LRoy430ul
I have an 04 ul with Ecru and when I bought mine at the dealership they gave me new Ecru mats. I had a choice between the all weather mats or the original ones to match the car. Its weird though cause the ones that came with the car are gray and they match the dash and doors. I have the ecru mats in the car now but I bought clear plastic mats to put over them because they get dirty easily......
So you are saying that the Ecru mats aren't the grey ones but actually match the carpet?
Old 06-21-09, 08:36 AM
LRoy430ul
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by BlackUltra
So you are saying that the Ecru mats aren't the grey ones but actually match the carpet?
Yea the Ecru mats I was givin are the same color as the leather on the seats and carpet....
Old 06-21-09, 09:15 AM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

Yea the Ecru mats I was givin are the same color as the leather on the seats and carpet....
Wow, I was told that they did not exist and given cashmere as the oly light color carpet mat. You got yours from the Lexus dealer in MD? Which dealer as maybe I can call and get a Lexus part number?
Old 06-21-09, 07:52 PM
LRoy430ul
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by BlackUltra
Wow, I was told that they did not exist and given cashmere as the oly light color carpet mat. You got yours from the Lexus dealer in MD? Which dealer as maybe I can call and get a Lexus part number?
That's strange..ill try to take some pics so you can see them....I got them from Pohanka Lexus in VA....
Old 06-22-09, 11:31 AM
BlackUltra
Pole Position

That's strange..ill try to take some pics so you can see them....I got them from Pohanka Lexus in VA....
Thanks would appreciate seeing the pics before calling them.
Old 06-22-09, 06:10 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Same here. When I ordered mine through Sewell lexus (lexus parts.com), I specifically checked to see if they matched the whole ecru interior. Actually, kinda regret it because it got dirty too easily. Should've went with a slight darker color.

Yep quick fix with a clear mat over like what you did too
Old 06-23-09, 06:12 AM
LRoy430ul
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Same here. When I ordered mine through Sewell lexus (lexus parts.com), I specifically checked to see if they matched the whole ecru interior. Actually, kinda regret it because it got dirty too easily. Should've went with a slight darker color.

Yep quick fix with a clear mat over like what you did too
Yea after I got them I regretted it a lil too. I should have just gotten some new gray ones since the match the dash. But yea if you get them u def need some clear mats.

Quick Reply: 06 UL Ecru Interior Carpet Mats, Taupe?