Door lock/unlock automatic functions

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-09, 06:40 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Door lock/unlock automatic functions

My dealer claims that the '04+ LS can't be programmed to do the following:

1. Lock all doors automatically when the car hits ~12 MPH. (I had my '03 programmed this way and I liked it, want the '05 this way.)

2. UNLOCK all doors when the driver's door is opened after shifting to Park. (Again, the '03 was programmed this way, but the dealer says you must hit the manual unlock button on the '04+.)

I find both of the above hard to believe. Do any of you have your cars programmed this way?

I looked at the Sticky on CBEST settings, but I'm certain that my dealer will dismiss that list because it's for an '01 or '02 model. They seem to look for any excuse to disable your arguments until you come back with proof. Grrr....
Old 06-13-09, 10:10 AM
Griff48
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My '04 locks all four doors when shifter is moved out of park. Now as far as unlocking is concerned, the only options apprear to be for unlocking with the smart key system or wireless remote. I cannot find anything about unlocking all doors when the driver's door is opened (although my Pacifica can be programmed this way).

From the online manual:

Auto door locking function*: All the doors will lock automatically when the selector lever is moved out of “P”
position. This auto door locking function is operable if any doors are unlocked while the ignition switch is in the “ON”
position.
NOTE:
* This setting can be changed as in the following: All the doors are locked automatically at 20 km/h (12
mph) or higher vehicle speed. However, if any door is unlocked during driving, this auto locking function does
not operate until the unlocked door is once opened. When the selector lever is moved out of “P” position and
the brake pedal is held off your foot, this function is enabled.
Ask your Lexus dealer for details

Gene

Last edited by Griff48; 06-13-09 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-13-09, 01:00 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

I got tired of having to unlock all my doors after coming to a stop (picking up and dropping off too may grandsons). I took it to the dealer and had it programmed to unlock when I put it in park.

I had a document that listed all the dealer programable options. I think I found it somewhere in this forum.

Oh, the dealer charged me $25 for the change.
Old 06-13-09, 07:50 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by I6turbo
My dealer claims that the '04+ LS can't be programmed to do the following:

1. Lock all doors automatically when the car hits ~12 MPH. (I had my '03 programmed this way and I liked it, want the '05 this way.)

2. UNLOCK all doors when the driver's door is opened after shifting to Park. (Again, the '03 was programmed this way, but the dealer says you must hit the manual unlock button on the '04+.)

I find both of the above hard to believe. Do any of you have your cars programmed this way?

I looked at the Sticky on CBEST settings, but I'm certain that my dealer will dismiss that list because it's for an '01 or '02 model. They seem to look for any excuse to disable your arguments until you come back with proof. Grrr....
My 05' is programmed exactly the way you preferred on your 03'. Your dealer or your service advisor is an idiot. Go to a different dealer or talk to a different service advisor.

All C-best settings for all 01'-06' LS430 are identical.

I too found that all dealers or service advisors are trained to disable your arguments, I am very fortunate to be able to became friends with my very cool service advisor. Now that even if he doesn't believe me, he would still plug in the scanner to see if it is possible. After I proved him wrong many times now, he pretty much believe everything I tells him and just go do it......haha..... The manual on the scanner is exactly the same as on the C-Best list in the sticky, word for word. I played with the scanner with my service advisor before, and taught him many things he had never seen in the process! That list in the sticky is gold.

Last edited by BNR34; 06-13-09 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-14-09, 04:29 AM
AggieLS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go find another dealer to work with. I have an '04 and have had it changed after trying it one way. I used to have a pdf of the CBEST slections, let me try to find it in my other pc and upload it.