LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

New LS430 ultra luxury owner!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-09, 09:53 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Welcome aboard

Originally Posted by gs4bkny
what do you guys think about a rear roof spoiler for this car?
If anything, the roof spoiler would be a last mod just to top off everything, body kit and wheels.
I wouldn't do it as an only mod.
Old 06-05-09, 11:40 AM
V8RdnLow
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! I wanted an LS430 before my GS but my budget wouldn't allow me to. Maybe in the future
Old 06-05-09, 04:26 PM
IMXCITD
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

sharp and clean!! Congrats!!
Old 06-07-09, 06:00 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

congrats on the pick up...
Old 06-07-09, 06:37 PM
BLACKASH
Driver School Candidate

Yesterday I just picked up this 04 ls430 UL with 60k miles. I recently was driving a gs400. The pics that i am posting is from the dealer cause i didn't have time to take new ones.....Later on i will post my own pics. I have to say that is car is a major difference from my gs. I honestly shead a tear when i let my gs400 go but i have to move on to bigger and better things. If i would have know that this car drove so well i would have bought it sooner!!! All opinions are welcome. Enjoy!
Are you aware that your wood trim is the very rare "burnt edge" variety?
Really nice!
Old 06-13-09, 12:29 PM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

I was acutally able to talk the guy down to 22500 so i made out like a bandit!
wow thats crazy. I had cash in my hands for this car and he told me the price was firm. I wonder how u were able to get it down to 22,500 and I couldnt get a single dollar off the price. Did you pay cash or finance if you dont mind me asking. Reason I ask is cuz if you financed with them then thats where they made their money. Sometimes a dealer rather finance and make more money then take my cash. That really irritates me tho . Oh well such is life. Im sure my black on black will turn up sooner then later. In the meantime Im forced to drive my beautiful silver on black gs400
Old 06-14-09, 10:54 AM
gs4bkny
Driver

Originally Posted by UGKkllr
wow thats crazy. I had cash in my hands for this car and he told me the price was firm. I wonder how u were able to get it down to 22,500 and I couldnt get a single dollar off the price. Did you pay cash or finance if you dont mind me asking. Reason I ask is cuz if you financed with them then thats where they made their money. Sometimes a dealer rather finance and make more money then take my cash. That really irritates me tho . Oh well such is life. Im sure my black on black will turn up sooner then later. In the meantime Im forced to drive my beautiful silver on black gs400

Trust me there is nothing wrong with your gs400. I really really miss my gs4. However, with this new car, I am slowly but surely getting over it!!! I financed through my own bank. But with my trade in and money down I only had to finance $13K I really can't tell you why they didn't negotiate with you. I purchased the last day in may. Most dealers will be more willing to bend on the price at the end of the month because they have a quota to meet. That's sometimes the best time to purchase a car. I am really not a easy person to bargan with. I had to play the walk away game a few times before i got to that price. Maybe i just got lucky with the salesman that i had. Don't sweat it....there are many many more ls430's going to hit the market soon when the 06 leases are up. You might get an even better deal!!! Happy searching.
Old 06-15-09, 06:51 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by UGKkllr
wow thats crazy. I had cash in my hands for this car and he told me the price was firm. I wonder how u were able to get it down to 22,500 and I couldnt get a single dollar off the price.
I've found that some dealers do have some pretty firm rules about pricing based upon how long they've had the vehicle in stock, the acounting cycle (EOM, EOY, end of quarter, bank note due, etc.) or other guidelines. At these dealerships it seems like the accountants may be making the sales rules, like in many other businesses. You might have been one of the first to look at the car and they wouldn't budge at that time, but if you'd happened to have gone in there when gs4bkny did, you'd have been able to negotiate a better deal. (That, or maybe gs4bkny is just a great negotiator! )
Old 06-15-09, 08:04 AM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

actually that has nothing to do with it. First off Im very shrewd, I have my own business and Im a master at buying,selling, negotiating, whether it be homes, cars, etc.. Not to mention I was on the phone with a salesman at the dealership just 2 days before it sold to GS4bkny. I informed him I was 5 hours away but willing to drive up there with my roomate the next morning and buy it with a certified check since they said they didnt like cash. So that was fine and dandy with me. But like I said, the salesman told me the "internet sales price" was firm. What a moron, I would have paid 23,500 for the car and they would have made another thousand bux, idiots. I even told him we were close on price but that 25 was just a bit more then I was willing to pay for a silver ls since black is my first choice. But I guess they didnt pay much for his trade and they plan on makin their money selling the gs400. And Im gonna go out on a limb and guess that a phone customer doesnt make the same impact an in-store customer makes. Had I been there waving a banck check in his face it might have been a different story. But I wasnt gonna drive 5 hours without knowing where we stood on the price.

As far as gettin an 06 lease turn in, we shall see. Lease turn ins, esp black ones usually arent nice enough for me. Ppl who lease dont detail their cars or care for them the same way. Plus a black on black ultra luxury lease is a needle in the haystack anyways. Hardly anyone leased those. And if one does surface then its gonna be at a dealership selling for at least 32 grand. For that kinda money I'll just go ahead and buy an 05 AMG E55 and call it a day.
Old 11-06-09, 09:39 AM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like your rear bumper was repainted just like mines. Its hard to match that paint from what I hear