LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Should shift knob leather match my seats?

Old 04-15-09, 05:56 PM
hulla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should shift **** leather match my seats?

My 04 Ls430 has black seats. My shift **** is grey. And the wood part of the **** doesn't quite match either. Didn't notice this until I actually removed the shift **** to get at the stereo.

This normal or do I have the wrong ****?

Also, the wood steering wheel doesn't quite match but I thought it was due to fading.
Old 04-15-09, 06:52 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Blk interior comes with blk/wood shift ****. Seems like you have a wrong ****.
Old 04-15-09, 06:59 PM
HornyLlama
Rookie

Yea they should be the same color. I have a black interior and my **** is black. My wood is exactly the same too. Definitely sounds like you have the wrong ****
Old 04-15-09, 07:30 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you have the black interior with the "burnt edge" medium brown wood? For sure, the leather is suppose to match on the shift ****, but the wood steering wheel has been an issue for several owners on the forum. The steering wheel seems to be lighter in color than the other pieces.

The thing here is that it's real wood, so you will get variance in color, pattern, and look. Lexus could have done a better job of matching/staining the wheel to match all pieces, but there were coloring issues with the wheel.

I myself have a good wheel, but a bad front passenger's side power window trim of not matching the other pieces. Hey... wood... what can you do?
Old 04-16-09, 04:13 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

my wood matches but i have gray leather on the **** and light beige leather in the car. i have seen a couple others with this combo as well so i thought it was normal for the lighter color leather interior. i've never seen a shift **** that had the light beige leather trim on it...
Old 04-16-09, 05:36 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

My **** matches the grey interior (Ash) in my car, the dark grey that is on the dash, and steering wheel. Also my wood dose too, so sounds like you have the worng ****.

Mine looks like these..

Old 04-16-09, 06:25 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Not sure if it is applicable or not, but lots of dealers remove the shift ***** while the cars are in inventory (to keep people from stealing them I suppose -- you see a lot of pictures like this on Autotrader and Cars.com) so I'm guessing it would be easy for someone to put the wrong **** back on a given vehicle.
Old 04-16-09, 06:43 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I agree with I6turbo, happens more than people know.
Old 04-16-09, 07:06 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah mine matches the steering wheel and trim around the nav but not my leather on my seats...
Old 04-16-09, 10:29 AM
GS3Tek

Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
yeah mine matches the steering wheel and trim around the nav but not my leather on my seats...
correct It should match the steering wheel which also matches the upper dash. Otherwise, my shift **** would also be ecru.

And for black, it doesn't matter since the whole interior is black anyways
Old 04-16-09, 10:33 AM
GLIDESUL
Lead Lap

Default My Doesn't

My **** doesn't match the leather. My leather is light cream my wood is grey and my **** grey wood with grey leather. Heres a pic attached
Attached Thumbnails Should shift knob leather match my seats?-008.jpg  
Old 04-16-09, 11:32 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yup should def. be the same color...
Old 04-16-09, 12:43 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah my bad my shiz is all ecru too?? i was thinking that was the fabric name instead of the color... suede/leather/ecru whatever...
Old 04-16-09, 01:20 PM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by GLIDESUL
My **** doesn't match the leather. My leather is light cream my wood is grey and my **** grey wood with grey leather. Heres a pic attached
GLIDESUL,
How is your upgrade leather holding up -- the part on the console, doors and dash that comes with the upgraded leather package? Recently when shopping for my '04+ LS I was thinking I'd hold out for a Custom Luxury with the upgraded leather package but I looked at a couple of them and was surprised to see that on those particular vehilces the additional leather seemed to be aging waay worse than the seats and regular leather pieces. They looked like they'd been wet or been sitting in the sun for about 5 years (and I have no way to know that they had not), and as a result the interior just showed age much worse than the standard interior. Do your upgraded areas (doors, dash, console) seem to be aging any "worse" than the seats? That's not a high-res photo that you posted, but it doesn't look like there is anything bad going on with yours...
Old 04-16-09, 02:15 PM
hulla
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by I6turbo
Not sure if it is applicable or not, but lots of dealers remove the shift ***** while the cars are in inventory (to keep people from stealing them I suppose -- you see a lot of pictures like this on Autotrader and Cars.com) so I'm guessing it would be easy for someone to put the wrong **** back on a given vehicle.
Yeah, think that's what happened. I'll try to give them a call and see if they have the correct one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Should shift knob leather match my seats?