LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Datasystem & settings 7 8 and 9 on 20's ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-09, 09:55 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawrenzo
Junjdm,

When you start your car, if the display lights up green and says "normal mode" then you are most likely in NORMAL MODE.

When in SUPER LOW MODE, whenever you start your car, the display on the controller should light up red (almost as if a warning LOL) and it will say SUPER LOW or something like that.

To get into SUPER LOW MODE: with the car off hold down the bottom right button and start the car. As it starts up the controller should beep, the display should flash red, and the display should say something to the nature of SUPER LOW. If that doesn't work, try starting it while holding the lower left button. I can't quite remember which one.

I JUST REALIZED that you could have the wrong UCF30 vehicle selected. If that is the case, try changing to the other UCF30. I had that set wrong once and it did not sit as low as the other UCF30 vehicle setting.

SO, play with your settings. Have the correct UCF30 selected and go for the SUPER LOW setting.
damn bro, thank you.... I hope that works!
Old 04-17-09, 07:22 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

for everyone using data controller on 04-06 model.....

which ucf code are you utilizing????

does anyone else see this so called "Superlow setting" when strating their car???
Old 04-17-09, 07:32 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah mine turns read when the car is started and is says warning and low or super low mode or something to that effect... but the red background & the 'warrning' message i can confirm 100%, it goes off after about 2-3 seconds though and then it just displays whatever setting you were last in. i am about 99% sure like someone else mentioned that you cannot put it on 8,9, or L unless you are in super down low mode or whatever it is called. the correct ucf31 setting for the 05 is the one that looks like a backwards C... just reset it and make sure this is the one that is selected, it is very easy to do.
Old 04-17-09, 02:51 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

ALL mine says when i turn the car is (in red screen) "WARNING" then beeps and goes to the blue screen and shows the setting.
Old 04-17-09, 02:53 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Then you are already in super low mode.
Old 04-17-09, 02:57 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if your screen turns red at the beginning...then you are in superlow mode...
Old 04-17-09, 04:41 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

OK............most of you 04-06 drivers said you use the code that has that backward C on it......

Well, thats what I was on, I switched to the other selection available for the UCF31 and on setting 9 it is SLAMMMED.....

I will play with it more and see what happens....granted I might be on the wrong setting as far as model year....

I will post up pics soon on the diffrence in height from on setting to another...

mean while here is a pic of the two choices available///

Old 04-17-09, 06:26 PM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

For 04 and up, its suppose to be the bottom image you have posted, as that's what the owners manual states. Normal mode only goes down to 5. Super low's range is from D,C,B,A,0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,L with 5 memory settings.

It's suppose to be slammed on 9, and on the ground with "L"
Old 04-17-09, 07:31 PM
adob0
Driver

gato: after reading your post, i switched to the 'other selection' (not the one with the backwards c) and damnnnnnnn, the car is just about sitting on the ground at 9...way lower than 9 on the other setting.
Old 04-17-09, 07:56 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

I kniw this is a crazy experience......

I just got off the phone with my source from Japan and he states the backward C is definitley for 04-06 and that the only diffrence that he knows of is the diffrent harness....

other than that he is uncertain if US spec is diffrent in air ride from year to year....

I definitley dont want to mess up any kind of computer or sensor or whatever.....but using the selection on the first pic above on an 04-06 is wayyyyyy lower

I had to put on 5 on the rear and 7 up front on the way home and it satlike a 9 on other selection.....

a bit bouncy though
Old 04-17-09, 08:45 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Anything more than 6 will give you a bouncy ride... I couldn't stand 7 with 20's, so I settled with 6.
Old 04-17-09, 08:50 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Anything more than 6 will give you a bouncy ride... I couldn't stand 7 with 20's, so I settled with 6.
7 is not too bad for me....but i ride w/ 6 front and 5 rear....I would ride on 7 all day if I didn't have to worry about going through tires like crazy....
Old 04-18-09, 05:00 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

so i am not trying to take over this thread at all, in fact i really like this thread so i just wanted to add something to it hear real quick (prob not) that i did last night... respect

1. i made a mark on the front sensor rods to see which side was facing out towards me and turned the driver side 3 complete rotations...
2. then i did the same on the passenger side 3 complete rotations (lower).
3. i put the car on 9 and immediately it was dropped like an inch lower on driver side and about 1.5-2 inches on the passenger side.
4. i wasn't sure if they should be exactly the same so through trial and error i did about 2 more full rotations on the driver side and kept measuring until i got them to line up as close as i could but in the process i ran out of room to twist the rod on the driver side. it is as low as it will/can go.
5. it was about as close as i could get to even out and it is almost 2 inches lower in front on both sides on 9 setting.
6. i tried to drive down a normal road that i would on 9 and it was much more harsh and rough and bouncy, it felt like the car was all out of balance weight ration wise.
7. i pulled over and put my front on 5 and my rear on 7 the whole ride home that i would normall ride on 7 and it still felt really crappy.
8. i am going to attempt to put it back about 75% of the lowering that i did, test it out and if it feels normal again i will leave it other wise i will attempt the remainder 25% up to put it back to what it was before i messed with it in the first place.

i measured the car at L and it was 3 inches off the ground in the front and rear so it is about as even on the L setting as I could get it or hope for. however i feel like i once again screwed with something that i shouldn't have and wish i would not have attempted it cuz now thats all i'm going to think about when i drive it. i am contemplating bringing it back to lex, unplugging the controller and asking them to put it back to factory specs on the front sensors measurements. i don't know how much or how long this would take or if they could even do it, but i really hope my attempt to put it back to normalcy works... an alternative would be to have it at about 2 numbers of a setting higher in the front than the rear for whatever setting i put it at from now on, for example instead of riding on 9 put it at 7 front and 9 rear and instead of riding on 7 put it at 5 front and 7 rear, but it just felt weird and different when i attempted it last night and just feel like i screwed something up...

also my headlights were aiming freakin like straight down since i lowered the front so much and i don't have functional high beams anymore since i did the drl conversion and the road was pitch black with lots of curves and pot holes and could barely see, all in all it made for the ****tiest drive i have had so far in this ls... booo

advice to others is that if you are not confident in this process, don't mess with the front censors, but i guess you never know if you don't try right??

Last edited by sojah; 04-18-09 at 05:10 AM.
Old 04-18-09, 11:00 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

many people here have messed with the rods......

but im telling........after doing that on my old 2005 UL....it was never the same again...totally out wack as far as performance....
Old 04-18-09, 11:13 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

I refuse to mess with sensor rods....

but here is a pic on the other selection available for UCF31 on Data....
this pic is taken on 7 fron and 5 rear on the NON backward C selection...

Quick Reply: Datasystem & settings 7 8 and 9 on 20's ??