Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

That will cost you one jelly doughnut.

Old 02-11-15, 07:43 AM
addi61
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to this forum. I was able to save my fathers LS430 from being traded in due to this info allowing me to do the spring conversion. He is thrilled with the car. Being 65 he didn't like the slightly lowered height of the Tanabe spring so I swapped the out for stock.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-13-15 at 05:31 PM. Reason: No sales here, use classifieds
Old 02-11-15, 10:20 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by addi61
Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to this forum. I was able to save my fathers LS430 from being traded in due to this info allowing me to do the spring conversion. He is thrilled with the car. Being 65 he didn't like the slightly lowered height of the Tanabe spring so I swapped the out for stock.
Good job for helping your father out

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-13-15 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-18-15, 10:40 AM
Leiptr
Driver School Candidate

What was the part number you used for the stock springs? I must be a fat *** because every time I turn into my driveway, I shave a part of my front driver side tire and it's annoying as hell. LOL!
Old 04-26-16, 11:26 PM
UCF30R
Driver School Candidate

Any expert here knows the difference in riding height and performance for 3 different springs and 2 absorbers below:
4813150190 (ROUGH ROAD SPEC & SPORTS PACKAGE)
4813150180 (SPORT PACKAGE)
4813150170 (NORMAL)
4851059805 (MARK 48510-50140)
4851080131 (MARK 48510-50200)

Apologies as newbie here to resurrect this historic thread
Old 04-08-17, 07:34 PM
abro
Driver School Candidate

Hi everybody,
Need help with my car. Front struts lower down after I turn off the car. It takes 15-20 minutes. Is it normal or a sign of week Air Suspension?

back to normal when engine is on. takes a couple minutes,

I am thinking of converting Air suspension to coil springs. Kindly suggest appropriate coil springs and struts for Rough Road with raised height.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

​​​​​​​Regards
Old 06-19-17, 03:20 PM
r0cketm0nk
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dat herrafrush doe

lol j/k, my right rear deflated like that over time too. I'm pretty sure it's worn/leaking, and i'm debating on converting to OEM springs as well.
Old 06-27-17, 05:17 PM
Leiptr
Driver School Candidate

Leiptr,

Did you ever resolve this issue and how? I did the conversion on my 02 LS using the OEM sport shocks and Tanabe NF210 springs and am getting -2.2 degrees of camber. The alignment shop is worried that if they bring it within spec the tires are going to contact the fender under load.

Did anyone else run into camber issues with the swap? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike
I know this was posted a long time ago, but I'm replying for the benefit of the community.

The answer is yes, I did fix the tire wear issues by purchasing these : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ne-mounts.html to replace the factory suspension arms. These can be adjusted so the alignment can be zeroed out. However, the mom and pop shops may not have the right equipment to align the rear tires correctly. Places like Break Max had no issues performing the alignment though.

I wasn't really ever able to mechanically fix the issue with the tire rubbing against the frame of my car on turn on sharp turns. I think my problem was due to a combination of two things, #1 lowering the car, and #2 being a 220+ lbs fat ***... because I only have this issue with the left front driver side tire when I'm turning. Now, I just decelerate significantly before sharp turns and back my car into my garage (since that's where the majority of the rubbing was occurring).

I did my conversion so long ago, I'm already looking at needing to do it again. This time though, I will not be lowering the car since my car scrapes against the 900+ speed bumps I have to drive over every day. LOL! Not to mention that the tire rubbing issue should also go away.

-Leiptr
Old 08-06-17, 07:02 AM
hippchip
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Strut Top/upper support

Originally Posted by BNR34
I did replaced my upper strut support, it is absolutely necessary.

I think what confused you was, I called the upper strut support "strut top".

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4421716-post26.html

$3600 sounds about right from a dealer using all OEM parts, they are not ripping you off.

I am doing the conversion as well. I bought complete strut assemblies from a recycle parts place (junk yard) Will the strut top be on the assembly?
Old 11-15-17, 09:01 AM
mrpowerzz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BNR34
As many of you already knows, the 2 rear air struts on my UL failed, I have decided to convert my car to conventional steel springs. Many UL owners have shown interest in this conversion to avoid keep paying the very high price of the air struts, so I want to start this thread to share all the infos I found and document the whole process.

Today, I think I stumbled, solved the biggest question of the conversion, how to shut off the air suspension computer without triggering an error message from the main computer.

The main objective is to shut off the air compressor, since we don't want it to keep pumping air if the height sensors tells the computer the car is sitting too low.

I found 2 air suspension fuses and 1 air suspension relay, all I did was pulled the fuse to the air compressor. That disabled the air compressor, and to my pleasant surprise, that didn't trigger any error message or code or blinking light

How do I know I disabled the air compressor? The car doesn't go up when I press the "high" button, the "height Hi" message still came on in the cluster, but the air compressor didn't come on.

So that was it, that is all I care to disable. The air suspension computer can think whatever it want to think, I don't think that does any harm. Not that I can think of anyway, if you guys can think of anything, please let me know!

Now I am off to check out how to remove the rear power seats to get to the top struts mounting nuts.

Hi,
Could you send a photo of the fuse? or at least quote the amperage? size of fuse?
Old 11-15-17, 12:09 PM
FredrikSWE
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you guys know which of the sensors that are used for the headlight leveling system?
I did disconnect them when I mounted my coils, I dont know why really... but I have them , do I need to install all 4 of the sensors again?
Old 11-17-17, 12:23 PM
FILTHEE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FredrikSWE
Do you guys know which of the sensors that are used for the headlight leveling system?
I did disconnect them when I mounted my coils, I dont know why really... but I have them , do I need to install all 4 of the sensors again?
Yes you do.
Old 12-25-17, 01:46 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Looks like I may look at converting soon. My right rear had issues with sagging and feeling rough. I finally replaced my strut yesterday with a used one. It rides muc better but the level is off. I took apart the sensor and cleaned it but it may be bad. Now the other left rear sits low. Could that sensor be bad?
Old 12-25-17, 03:01 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

So I took apart my sensor, I noticed inside that 2 of the springs were not in place as to make the proper contact. I put it back together and cleaned everything with a crc electrical cleaner. I put it back in and tried to match the sensors but the rear was too low. I adjusted the right rear as the car was on, not sure if I'm supposed to do that or not. I connected it to techstream and noticed that one sensor reports a negative value. I did it on my driveway and it might not be very level, maybe I should have done it in the garage. The front sits much higher. I'm just figuring out what to do.
Attached Thumbnails UL stock air suspension to steel springs conversion infos-screen-shot-2017-12-25-at-4.07.12-pm.png  
Old 01-22-18, 01:02 PM
TTBomB
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Are there any non-lowering (stock size) aftermarket springs out there?
Or is OEM the only choice for stock height?

Quick Reply: UL stock air suspension to steel springs conversion infos