LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

My New 430 ultra

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-09, 08:27 AM
LRoy430ul
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by debian
A very nice car indeed. The price sounds right considering it is UL and 70,000miles and not CPO(which Lexus won't do once it is above 70K miles). The good thing is that these cars easily last to 200,000miles according to the mechanics at Lexus.
A friend of mine just bought a mint 2004 ES w/ 70,000 miles for $17,000 so you are in the right ball park especially since you have UL. Sounds like you did a good job negotiating.
My question is about the interior color. I have the same interior and so far in this string I have seen it referred to as "Saddle" & "Ecru". Which is it?
When I went to a color chart and looked up Ecru... http://tx4.us/nbs/nbs-e.htm
That is what it looks like to me. Either way...I have the same interior and was given a set of the same colored floor mats by the dealer.
Again nice car and ...tell me where you got yours tinted please, I am thinking about getting a 50%.
Cheers,
Ian

Its Ecru...on that link you posted it's #92 I believe which is the Ecru cream.
I got my windows tinted at Perfromace Tinting http://www.performancewindowtinting.com/ They did a pretty good job but they are pricy...Sojah had his tint done there as well.

Originally Posted by sojah
haha, yeah i've been hearing all too much about all the home buyers incentives right now. i'm trying to move to hawaii next year sometime or i'd be jumping on that one myself. congrats on the townhome, what area is it in? you can thank mr. obama for that one
Yea I do thank Obama for that....its in Oxon Hill MD, right off exit 4 on 95...close to the national harbor

Originally Posted by RX469
Looks great! Where in MD are you?
Im in FT. Meade...really close to arundel mills mall.

Originally Posted by jayclapp
Great car, I know you'll enjoy it. I just installed the SL2Vi in my 04 UL last week. Great device. Got rid of the "I Agree" annoyance and basically installed a 120GB hard drive in my audio/nav system (thru an iPod Classic). Now I have all my music collection in my car. The video also works. It's kind of a toy as it only works at stop with the parking brake on. Installation took me 4 hours and I was guided by Forum comments and photos. I think you'll enjoy the SL2Vi. It kind of updated and completed my car.

Thanks....How did you get rid of the "I Agree" ? I tried and read the directions on this but I couldn't figure it out.

Last edited by LRoy430ul; 06-23-09 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-23-09, 10:14 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Looks great!
Old 06-23-09, 11:34 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

18% all around, is that legal tint in MD? Up here in Joysey, we can't do the front sides, but I got 50% because I'm an outlaw...
Old 06-23-09, 12:16 PM
LRoy430ul
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
18% all around, is that legal tint in MD? Up here in Joysey, we can't do the front sides, but I got 50% because I'm an outlaw...
Na 35% is legal limit here in MD....It all depends on what part of MD you live in though...in most parts you won't' be bothered for havin dark tint. Alot of cars have 20% n below here.
Old 06-23-09, 04:27 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by LRoy430ul
Its Ecru...on that link you posted it's #92 I believe which is the Ecru cream.
I got my windows tinted at Perfromace Tinting http://www.performancewindowtinting.com/ They did a pretty good job but they are pricy...Sojah had his tint done there as well.

Yea I do thank Obama for that....its in Oxon Hill MD, right off exit 4 on 95...close to the national harbor

Im in FT. Meade...really close to arundel mills mall.

Thanks....How did you get rid of the "I Agree" ? I tried and read the directions on this but I couldn't figure it out.
Sorry about the delay in responding to you.

Don't feel bad about not being able to get rid of "I Agree" by following the instructions. They are incomplete. I finally called VaisTech and talked to support. It was even difficult talking to them.

Basically what you are to do is to activate the Simple Mode screen, change the deactivate setting, and then close out the Simple Mode screen. They don't tell you how to get out of the Simple Mode screen. Without proper exiting, the change fails.

Here's the step-by-step procedure to do this:
1. Activate the Simple Mode screen by opening the MD Changer screen and pressing SCANN button (on the screen) 8 times within 2 seconds.
2. Press the DISC REPEAT button to hear the long beep.
3. Now comes the part they didn't put in their instructions. You must get out of the Simple Mode. It is done just like getting into the Simple Mode. Press the SCANN button 8 times within 2 seconds. Apparently the VaisTech technicians assumed that everyone would understand that and it wasn't necessary to include in their instructions.

Be aware that the "I Agree" screen doesn't really go away. They have programmed the SL2Vi to press the button for you after it displays for an adequate time to read it. That short wait is worth it and you quickly learn to ignore the screen during start-up.
Old 06-24-09, 04:36 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all you MD, VA, DC & even DE folks (close to the bay bridge) need to come out to this mini CL meet for NELOC. the forum can be found here, but i'll sum it up for you guys, "Tentative for 7/11 Saturday 5:30 ish meet up in the area (Annapolis) and head in to feast on some poor crabs... Whos in???"

that means new peoples and old peoples can all have a chance to meet up. so far there are only like 8 folks who said they were in (although its about 1.5 days old) so if you haven't gotten a chance to meet and greet with some fellow LS'ers or even other CL'ers this is a great opportunity. the all you can eat crab restaurant is called Cantlers and they have won Annapolis's best place for crabs for the last few years in a row (at least since I've lived there). Bring your wife, your gf, bff, or just role solo but if the crowd gets to be a pretty big number we may need to let them know a few days prior to our little outing so be sure to go to the forum page link above and leave a message if you can make it.

i'm trying to get some more LS support because the last bbq i went to it was only myself and Leroy representing the LS community. i guess we were the more responsible older guys, huh Leroy?
Old 06-24-09, 10:23 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Sojah take your camera.
Old 06-24-09, 10:45 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i will most definitely bring my 3.2 mp camera phone now its up to like 20 peoples so a few of the nice water sailboat backdrops will be out of the question with that many cars... oh well i'm still trying to think of a few spots we can get some group shots at. if a couple ls's role thorough we could easily get some good ls shots at least.
Old 06-24-09, 10:45 AM
LRoy430ul
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jayclapp
Sorry about the delay in responding to you.

Don't feel bad about not being able to get rid of "I Agree" by following the instructions. They are incomplete. I finally called VaisTech and talked to support. It was even difficult talking to them.

Basically what you are to do is to activate the Simple Mode screen, change the deactivate setting, and then close out the Simple Mode screen. They don't tell you how to get out of the Simple Mode screen. Without proper exiting, the change fails.

Here's the step-by-step procedure to do this:
1. Activate the Simple Mode screen by opening the MD Changer screen and pressing SCANN button (on the screen) 8 times within 2 seconds.
2. Press the DISC REPEAT button to hear the long beep.
3. Now comes the part they didn't put in their instructions. You must get out of the Simple Mode. It is done just like getting into the Simple Mode. Press the SCANN button 8 times within 2 seconds. Apparently the VaisTech technicians assumed that everyone would understand that and it wasn't necessary to include in their instructions.

Be aware that the "I Agree" screen doesn't really go away. They have programmed the SL2Vi to press the button for you after it displays for an adequate time to read it. That short wait is worth it and you quickly learn to ignore the screen during start-up.
Thanks, ima try this when I get home.

all you MD, VA, DC & even DE folks (close to the bay bridge) need to come out to this mini CL meet for NELOC. the forum can be found here, but i'll sum it up for you guys, "Tentative for 7/11 Saturday 5:30 ish meet up in the area (Annapolis) and head in to feast on some poor crabs... Whos in???"

that means new peoples and old peoples can all have a chance to meet up. so far there are only like 8 folks who said they were in (although its about 1.5 days old) so if you haven't gotten a chance to meet and greet with some fellow LS'ers or even other CL'ers this is a great opportunity. the all you can eat crab restaurant is called Cantlers and they have won Annapolis's best place for crabs for the last few years in a row (at least since I've lived there). Bring your wife, your gf, bff, or just role solo but if the crowd gets to be a pretty big number we may need to let them know a few days prior to our little outing so be sure to go to the forum page link above and leave a message if you can make it.

i'm trying to get some more LS support because the last bbq i went to it was only myself and Leroy representing the LS community. i guess we were the more responsible older guys, huh Leroy?
Yea I will def come out even though im not a big fan of seafood. And yea we do need some more LS's out there....maybe we'll get 3 this time.....
Old 06-24-09, 11:02 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

haha ^ ^ ^ nice, hopefully a couple ls's will show up and then i won't feel like a made such a huge mistake selling my old gs400 like i did at the last meet. i'm waiting to see a few of the ls'ers screen names on the attending list but so far i don't recognize any from this ls430 section... i'm gonna see if i can convince one of those fancy picture taker CL'ers to take some LS shots.
Old 06-27-09, 11:07 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
Wow very nice ride. I love the LS430s. My boy Al is looking for one right now.

LRoy430ul, and KILLERGS4,
You should check out the NELOC section. I'm throwing a Spring BBQ at the end of March for the people in the MD/VA/DC area. Would love to see your beautiful rides in person.

-Smitty
Thanks, if you guys ever have a meet in Montgomery County, I can probably go little embarrassing since my car is pretty much stock except rear DVD monitors... plus this is wifey car, even though I pushed her to get this car...
Old 06-28-09, 04:33 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

all you MD, VA, DC & even DE folks (close to the bay bridge) need to come out to this mini CL meet for NELOC.
Dayum! I swear I'd be there, and educate you guys how to clean a crab, but I'm going to be in Dover for the entire weekend with the Air Force!

I could sit for HOURS and crack open some crabs!!!