LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

ucf30 vs infniti F50

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-09, 04:17 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i used to own a y33 nissan gloria (or infiniti m35 in the states) but it was a 95 and i much more preferred that body style over the lex, but reliability wise i think the lex/toyota has that one in the bag. i can't wait till they bring back the q45 or whatever its successor will be. the cimma is like my dream car though but its prolly not gonna make it over here anytime soon.
Old 05-06-09, 12:52 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
yeah i used to own a y33 nissan gloria (or infiniti m35 in the states) but it was a 95 and i much more preferred that body style over the lex, but reliability wise i think the lex/toyota has that one in the bag. i can't wait till they bring back the q45 or whatever its successor will be. the cimma is like my dream car though but its prolly not gonna make it over here anytime soon.
The Cima is just a Q45 with a different badge, just like the LS430 is a Celsior
Old 05-06-09, 01:22 PM
slybydesig
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the F50 a lot. My fear would be buying the LS430 and getting board with the exterior design, yet, the reliability is a smart move in todays economy. The F50 is not a small cabin car by any means. Its interior design is the best I've seen in almost any car to date. The LS430 is just a smart move all the way around. I drive a friends LS460 from time to time and hope and pray the LS430 drives better. I used to own the Q45/G50 T model and wow, what a car, clean, seating was grand, handling was soft and precise. The down side is/was parts and repair. I look forward to test driving a LS430 at some point. Now that the market has cooled a bit for the LS430 I see a lot of them out here. In a 12 month period, I have only seen 2 F50's on the road.
Old 05-06-09, 01:32 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BNR34
The Cima is just a Q45 with a different badge, just like the LS430 is a Celsior
if this is 100% true and not just like 90% true then please splain to me the difference between the cima and the president(e). i didn't study my nissan homework as much as my toyota homework (for obvious reasons). i thought in my own head that the cima had some different body paneling or molding or slightly different fascia pieces or something. i knew the chasis was the same and interior looks very similar but i just assumed or thought from seeing them (even though its been a while since i lived there but i did visit recently) that the body was a little different. are you 100% sure???
Old 05-06-09, 01:53 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by slybydesig
I like the F50 a lot. My fear would be buying the LS430 and getting board with the exterior design, yet, the reliability is a smart move in todays economy.
Just like most things in life, excitment or reliability, you have to choose one, you can't have both.

Originally Posted by slybydesig
The LS430 is just a smart move all the way around. I drive a friends LS460 from time to time and hope and pray the LS430 drives better.
LS430 vs. LS460, each one have pros and cons, one is not better then the other in everyways. Which one is better depends on your personal preference.

Last edited by BNR34; 05-06-09 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-06-09, 01:59 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

if this is 100% true and not just like 90% true then please splain to me the difference between the cima and the president(e). i didn't study my nissan homework as much as my toyota homework (for obvious reasons). i thought in my own head that the cima had some different body paneling or molding or slightly different fascia pieces or something. i knew the chasis was the same and interior looks very similar but i just assumed or thought from seeing them (even though its been a while since i lived there but i did visit recently) that the body was a little different. are you 100% sure???
There might be some slight differences on some trim pieces or body panels, but it is mostly the same. All the differences are mainly due to different regulations from different countries.

The president is pretty much a UL package for the Cima, same car, just much more amenities. That is why it is so cool, but nothing big. Is the UL cooler? Yes. But is it a big deal? No.
Old 05-06-09, 02:33 PM
slybydesig
Rookie

I do know that the Q45 comes with the reclining heat/cooled back seats here in the states as well. I also think it had radio controls. I don't think they are massage seats, but I would have to double check on that.
Old 05-06-09, 02:42 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

well this was 2 or 3 years ago, but i (with the help of my japanese wife) were on the nissan.jp site comparing models and prices and they had the president and cima and one other name that i forget right now as 3 seperate choices for vehicles to pick and then you could add options & color etc etc etc once you selected the vehicle. i am pretty sure that they all 3 had different grills, even front & rear fascia's as well as significant differences in price. the president was obviously the most expensive and at the time it started at like 78k i believe, which is just about the same as the UL, but on toyotas website the celsior and UL (UI in japan) are not listed as 2 different models outright, so yeah... weird stuff...
Old 05-06-09, 03:34 PM
slybydesig
Rookie

^^^^^ Thats really interesting, I may post this in the Nico forum to see what they say over there. I would like to know the 3rd brand which you speak of. The President is a nice car and what surprised me the most, is that while here in the United States they released the Y33, in Japan they continued with the G50 bodystyle, which I kinda wish they did that here. But don't quote me on that, I am going by memory which is spotty some times. LOL All in all both brands have a great following. Both Lexus and Infiniti are respected brands for different reasons. I for one would wouldn't mind test driving both brands to get a decent feel of comparison.
Old 05-06-09, 09:34 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just don't find anything I like about this car. The styling is just goofy-looking to me.

I prefer the styling of the M45 much more.

Old 05-07-09, 05:13 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i think thats a bad angle and a bad color, i would have to choose black if i got a q, or maybe white...

but then again now that i look at it, its completely stock and i have a similar yuck response when i look at a bone stock silver ls430... and i love the ls430 (obviously).
Old 05-07-09, 05:59 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

i think thats a bad angle and a bad color, i would have to choose black if i got a q, or maybe white...

but then again now that i look at it, its completely stock and i have a similar yuck response when i look at a bone stock silver ls430... and i love the ls430 (obviously).
Not really. When I see a bone stock LS430 I like it. It looks refined and luxurious. The Q... not so much. If that were de-badged you would never know it was supposed to be a luxury car.
Old 05-07-09, 07:26 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

that m in the pic has a body kit, tinted windows and upgraded sport edition wheels so i think its a bad comparison, but don't get me wrong i started out the luxo game in a 95 nissan gloria (y33 m35 if you will)

but those new m's are just an overpriced, overhyped, overpowered (a good thing) altima to me... with way to much wanna be chrome accents (side + rear) and overbadged futuristic looking rear end.
Old 05-07-09, 07:36 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

this is prolly redundant and i didn't check the previous posts in this thread but its possible these pics have already been posted up so my bad but check out one that has been modified a little...

Attached Thumbnails ucf30 vs infniti F50-threadpic.jpg  
Old 05-07-09, 08:51 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Even slammed, I'm not in love with it.

Now your Cima on the other hand looked awesome!

Quick Reply: ucf30 vs infniti F50