LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

ucf30 vs infniti F50

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-08, 08:39 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and the price reflects the difference. u can get a low mileage f50 2002+ for really good price, much lower than a ucf30 ls430.
Old 06-17-08, 08:51 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemareen
and the price reflects the difference. u can get a low mileage f50 2002+ for really good price, much lower than a ucf30 ls430.
Vehicle's used prices/resell value truely reflect the quality of the car and how long it would last.

New MSRP can be set artificially high by a big ego car company, AKA Mercedes. But used prices are what the car truely worth. Look at used prices of used Mercedes, it is so low it would scare you away from buying one, it tells you something, a real indicator of how good the car is.
Old 06-17-08, 09:46 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
Vehicle's used prices/resell value truely reflect the quality of the car and how long it would last.

New MSRP can be set artificially high by a big ego car company, AKA Mercedes. But used prices are what the car truely worth. Look at used prices of used Mercedes, it is so low it would scare you away from buying one, it tells you something, a real indicator of how good the car is.
Well, it sucks for the seller but great for the buyer.

I know I still want a CL55 AMG someday, with 5 extended warranties if possible

I love the Q. I think it was the 2nd gen. that they finally gave it a grill right instead of the first one with that ugly jaguar looking design???
It was my first time seeing a modded luxury car. Some guy had AZEV wheel, lowered, tinted, very tastefully modded.
Old 06-17-08, 10:33 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Well, it sucks for the seller but great for the buyer.
It sucks for ignorant seller, but anyone who buy a car brand new are ignorant anyway.

Great for info buyer, as long as you know what you are getting into.

I know I still want a CL55 AMG someday, with 5 extended warranties if possible
You are in luck then (well sort of, I can't call buying a bad car for cheap is lucky), the CL55 is probably the highest depreciating car in recent history. My friend had one and couldn't get rid of it fast enough, that car stranded him 3 times in less then 16k miles, and he bought that car brand new, the reliability of that car is absolutely horrible, probably worse then a Ferrari. I think he pay $110k for it, sold it for $60k after 2 years and 20k miles. It was very hard for him to sell it also, appearently the CL coupe is the least desirable AMG on the market.

I just did a quick search, a 03' with 53k miles is listed for $19k. Even lower then a 01' LS430 that cost half as much new. Remember, make sure you know what you are getting into, it is VERY cheap for many reasons

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=2426

I love the Q. I think it was the 2nd gen. that they finally gave it a grill right instead of the first one with that ugly jaguar looking design???
I actually like the one with the Jaguar looking design without the grill. All personal preferences

Last edited by BNR34; 06-17-08 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-17-08, 10:49 AM
Rice
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WoW! That's depreciation of $100,000 in 5 years!
But, you gotta hand it to MB. They make the best looking cars. Period.
CL is case in point.

If Lexus had their design team, it would have been light years ahead of the competition!
Old 06-17-08, 10:52 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

I agree, benz and bmw's make some really good looking cars.

Originally Posted by Rice
But, you gotta hand it to MB. They make the best looking cars. Period.
CL is case in point.

If Lexus had their design team, it would have been light years ahead of the competition!
Old 06-17-08, 10:54 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

I wouldn't touch a benz or bmw without factory warranty in place. no way.

the f50 q45's are at least, a lot more reliable than benz and bmw, u can drive the car a long time relatively trouble free. They are still within the low maintenance range of things.

unlike benz or bmw's, they are pathetic.

Last edited by mikemareen; 06-17-08 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-17-08, 10:57 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rice
But, you gotta hand it to MB. They make the best looking cars.
Cars that spend more time in the shop then it actually runs tend to don't worth much

I agreed MB and BMW make some VERY nice looking cars. But in my opinion, cars that breaks down all the time is useless, regardless of how good it looks. Cars are not static art
Old 06-17-08, 11:49 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikemareen
I wouldn't touch a benz or bmw without factory warranty in place. no way.

the f50 q45's are at least, a lot more reliable than benz and bmw, u can drive the car a long time relatively trouble free. They are still within the low maintenance range of things.

unlike benz or bmw's, they are pathetic.
You are spot on, one have to be ignorant or very brave to own a MB/BMW without a factory warranty.

The F50 Q45 are relatively reliable, way better then any MB/BMW, I say they are good for 100k~150k miles. They are just not Lexus like, good for 200k+ miles with ease.

Lexuses are just pathetically reliable/long lasting
Old 06-17-08, 11:53 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FYM!
i would say to each his own, on that one.

i think mercedes has no class what so ever on most of their models. they have luxury, but no class.

only one i would get are the S class. but still. mb interior looks like **** with their 2 million buttons on the console and their fake woodgrain. i cant believe they would throw faux wood on an E class.

my friend just bought an 06 e350 and that **** doesnt even have front heated seats...sorry, but i think thats sad even if its basic package or anything. for the price he paid, he could have gotten a ls430 with 10 times the amenities.
I agreed all the lower end Mercedes are pretty stupid lame. I say their highend stuff is very nice though, most of the AMGs are pretty nice, except the CLK55, all the 65s are very nice, the black series CLK63 is beautifully crafted. If only they are more reliable

All the low end stuff is a joke for their price. Everything below the C63 are garbages.
Old 05-05-09, 04:11 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
well Yakuza don't ride in Century, only politician does.

I guess politician are even more dangerous then Yakuza, since the Yakuza are owned by politician

Even talking about it make me feel my life is in danger
OMG...Yakuza. There is a word I haven't heard in over 10 years!!!

When I was stationed Okinawa, Japan, with the Marines, I was having one of my first of many lunches with an Okinawan girl, that I had just met. This girl FREAKED OUT one day as we were sitting, looking at eachother, and having lunch. It wasn't because I had Yakisoba stuck in my teeth, but rather, the way I was holding my tea cup!

Apparently with one hand under the cup, and the other hand surrounding the cup, I was emulating something similar to what the Yakuza do???

She freaked out and nearly broke the cup, pushing my hands down off of it, we spilled hot tea all over the table!

Wow...the memories...

Her name was Satoko Matayoshi.

(ps..i ended up on this thread after reading the old Q45/LS discussion)
(pps..should i fear for MY life now?)
Old 05-05-09, 04:17 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when were you in oki?? i was living on kadena in the a.f. from june 02-june04... i met my wife there who is actually from osaka which we visited a couple months ago but i haven't been back to okinawa for 2.5 years not but it was really chill visiting it last time cuz i was on vacation and not under the military's reach. i got out 2 years ago and have been a contractor ever since. but yeah you speak of yakuza huh, you should see how it is in my wifes hometown of kansai area which is supposed to be where it all originated at or pretty much their home base if you will... there is still a lot of that going on even today.
Old 05-05-09, 04:38 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
when were you in oki?? i was living on kadena in the a.f. from june 02-june04... i met my wife there who is actually from osaka which we visited a couple months ago but i haven't been back to okinawa for 2.5 years not but it was really chill visiting it last time cuz i was on vacation and not under the military's reach. i got out 2 years ago and have been a contractor ever since. but yeah you speak of yakuza huh, you should see how it is in my wifes hometown of kansai area which is supposed to be where it all originated at or pretty much their home base if you will... there is still a lot of that going on even today.
WOW. a small world.

I was on The Rock from 94-95..a lil before ur time. Now ur making me feel OLD!...was stationed on MCAS Futenma..at the top of that hilllllllll! Walking up that hill at 3am after doing shots of Habu Saki was baaaad! lolol! Amazing!!! I went back to Oki in 97, just to visit my girl..know what you mean about it being chill and out of reach of Uncle Sam..lol..i then met her FAMILY and 2 sisters!!! She actually invited me in--to dinner at their house (which is not that common for a US military person, from what i hear) I had the greatest year EVER...although her parents spoke very little (skoshi) english, we all sat at the table for HOURS trying to communicate, look at photos, etc.

We then flew via Narita, to Tokyo, where she put me up in a hotel. (im not sure if her parents knew we were going to Tokyo..lol) We got into a FIGHT about $$$. She wanted to pay for everythingggg, and i didn't want to let her. Anyway...a year later I flew her out here to the USA...and beleive it or not, she DIDN'T like it that much. I did show her a good time..the beach, dc, parks/farms, the INNER HARBOR, etc! She said several times during her week vacation in the states, "imma small eyeland guurl. youu-eess-aay ah very bigg danjeris countree. imma only a small eyeland guurl! i want u to comestay in okinawa.

I'm sure you're familar with Gate 2 street and whisper alley, soju, habu saki, Sunabi Beach wall, Iea Shima, etc? Bro.....depending on where in balla-more you are, you can't be ~1hr from me?........we need to organize something...

sorry this isn't on LS/Q45 topic...just too much to capture..my head spinning...
Old 05-05-09, 05:10 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<threadjack> yeah man i highjack me some threads all the time, but i guess people prolly just think i type to much, i'll pm you tomorrow, but yeah okinawa was an awesome special place. i dream of moving back there one day and i have a friend who got out of the force married an oki chick and never left. i know what you mean about the u.s for her at least, i don't think my wife like the states much herself even though she's from one of the craziest expensive most crowded cities in the world (osaka is like the fashion shopping capitol of japan). i know all to well about all those places you mentioned and have heard that they are actually cleaning up a few of them. i can see the bay bridge from my kitchen window but it takes like 15 minutes to get across it from here. i actually live in annapolis (nappy town) so hit me up if you ever come out this way and we can meet up. i usually go out to the DE beaches a couple times a summer for day trips and to the outlets a few times as well.
</threadjack>
Old 05-05-09, 07:32 PM
LS430_Mike
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back to car talk............

I have owned 2 Q45's. One 92 G50 (what a rocket) and a 99 Y33. Bothe were great cars. I was looking mainly for an F50 Q45 when I bought the Lexus. Bang for the buck, they are a great value. The only thing that scared me about the F50 was the oil consumption issues. Another issue was the Headlight ballests are known to fail early. Honesly, I think the Q and the LS are about the same as far as looks. I would buy another Q45 in a heartbeat. I just could not find one that was in my range. They are harder to find than the LS. Atleast the rite color combo. I wanted black/black or silver/black. I ended up with a Silver/black Lexus.

Bottom line, I don't think us as Lexus owners have anything to knock the infiniti product. They have treated me very well. I sold my 99 with 220k and I still see it roming the streets from time to time.

Quick Reply: ucf30 vs infniti F50