LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Question about Satellite radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-08, 06:29 PM
!SPEED
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Satellite radio

Anyone think its possible to replace the roof antenna that was used for the Lexus Link with the shark fin from a 2007 model and use it instead of the antenna that comes with an aftermarket receiver? Wish there was a way to use the existing antenna as I've come to like the look of it. Currently have my satellite antenna mounted next to the mirror on the inside of the windshield and that sucks. Too much drop out.https://www.clublexus.com/forums/images/smilies/sad.gif

I talked with Vasitech sales, since they sell the right adapter kit for the 2007 models with the shark fin, and he thought it possible. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ima...lies/smile.gif Does the wiring from the roof antenna's on the 04's go into the trunk? Or did they even run wiring since they did away with the Lexus Link by 2004?

I also talk to them about wanting to go from XM to Sirius as I really dislike the XM programing. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ima...mbsdown.gifThe SL2S will work on the 2004 LS's and if you want to have full control of your ipod you can also put in an SL2i along with the other unit.

2004 LS430 UL pcs
Old 10-20-15, 04:46 PM
fensterlip
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you would have to pull the headliner as well as drill through the roof to mount it. I don't think that would be something I'd like doing. I put the hockey puck right under the center brake light on the rear deck. It seems to work well and it's totally invisible. I've never had dropouts. Some pucks are thicker. I searched Amazon and eBay for a thin puck from a poster's recommendations here on the site The wire snakes easily around the deck-> seat->threshhold->under the dash and remains planted and invisible. I used iSimple instead of VasiTech but I suspect the differences are minimal.
What don't you like about XM? I guess I wasn't looking carefully and saw them as analogs of each other for the most part.
Old 10-20-15, 05:18 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Well, I can say one thing is the sound quality sucks on satellite. At least vs streaming and playing from your phone. I have it free in my WRX and I will definitely not pay for it when the trial ends. HD radio and streaming is so much better and less expensive. I would definitely skip the whole satellite deal and just install a Grom or Vaisc unit.
Old 10-20-15, 06:15 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by fensterlip
I think you would have to pull the headliner as well as drill through the roof to mount it. I don't think that would be something I'd like doing. I put the hockey puck right under the center brake light on the rear deck. It seems to work well and it's totally invisible. I've never had dropouts. Some pucks are thicker. I searched Amazon and eBay for a thin puck from a poster's recommendations here on the site The wire snakes easily around the deck-> seat->threshhold->under the dash and remains planted and invisible. I used iSimple instead of VasiTech but I suspect the differences are minimal.
What don't you like about XM? I guess I wasn't looking carefully and saw them as analogs of each other for the most part.
You replied to a 7+ year-old post ...
Old 10-21-15, 12:22 PM
fensterlip
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can be slow on the uptake....
Actually I had done a weird re-sort of all the posts and they weren't by date anymore but by astrological sign or something. It was near the top and I didn't pay attention.
Occasionally I'll add an answer to an old post when the topic is relevant and I can add something. I'm thinking oil and oil service as well as batteries and their technology.
This was not one of those....