LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Datasystem Controller Writeup with Pix

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-11, 05:46 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

So the controller doesn't stop the lowering at 60? I hooked mine up today and put my rims on and it lowered at 60, but I thought it was because I didn't hook up the speed controller portion. What's the purpose of the speed controller hook up if not that?

......and yes, I tore up a bit of my tire because of this, ugghhh!!!
Old 07-24-13, 03:08 AM
SLLTO
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is perfec for when my unit comes in the mail
Old 04-07-14, 01:27 PM
Intercept
Driver School Candidate

Default Dsc install

Did all proper install (did not do speed sensor) disconnect battery etc

Unplugged stock plugs, plugged stock plugs into Dsc plugs (data system controller) plugged all back in reconnected battery turned on did my dance jig to the driver seat to see afs light flashing. Then finding a setting (5) nothing happening?

Drove to my old ladies and height hi light came and stayed for duration of drive but turned off when stationary at light

Wth?
Old 04-07-14, 03:12 PM
william2gs
Driver School Candidate

I'm having problems with mine. For some reason the driver side is maximum height and rear is medium height. Both passenger sides are tucked and the rear has a lot of stress and pressure on it. I don't know how to fix it. If any of you guys are in orange county or near. I will pay to help fix it. I can't drive it right now because of this problem. PM me thanks
Old 04-08-14, 08:57 AM
Intercept
Driver School Candidate

Fixed my issues which was a loose pink wire.

Will ^ check the dsc for loose wires that connect into the plug heads. It can happen which it did to me and luckily that was all. It caused raised height afs light to go off.

Lmk now you make out bud.
Old 04-14-14, 10:31 AM
william2gs
Driver School Candidate

Default Problem fixed

I fixed mine differently. I set it to the perfect setting and then turned off the car. I then unplugged the wires and turned the car back on again for a minute and let the AFS light blink. Turned off the car and plugged the wires to the controller back in and started the car once again. Problem is now fixed!
Old 12-29-14, 03:14 AM
ls430vipch
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, thanks to airtime 4 this thread...but i think im ****ed up...

I have an 2001 ls430 from europe (switzerland)

Did i bought the wrong harness?
Bought the one for ufc31...

Cant find a ecu under the steering wheel with 3 plugs wit h could fit my harness maybe im searching on the wrong place...
under the steeringwheel over the pedals a black platic plate holding with 2 screws...

sorry 4 my english

thx 4 help
Old 12-29-14, 05:24 AM
ls430vipch
Driver School Candidate

Update... found the ecu behind the glovebox not under the steeringwheel
Old 03-29-15, 03:02 AM
DjMidas
Driver School Candidate

Default Not level.

Originally Posted by airtime
I have some new insight on the rear suspension. I had always wondered why on my datasystem controller, on the valve screen, that all the indicator bars for the height of the car are not even. I had thought that the datasystem overrides my manual adjustment via twisting the tie rods for the front and slide bar for the rear sensors. Now I came to realize that any manual sensors settings are in addition to the datasystem settings. I played around today and found that I can drastically lower my car more by sliding the rear sensor bar to the extreme. So my normal driving 5 setting is way more lower (simular to a 7 setting). and when changed to a 7 setting, now is more like a 9 setting.

So when we give each other hints on what settings we are driving at, its pretty much a crap shoot as our sensor setting could be anywhere from normal to extreme. I thought I just throw this out there.

I know this post is old but I hope it reaches you. I have an 02 LS430UL with the DataSystem. My right side of my car is higher than my left. I have the drivers front set to 4 and front passenger set to 2 and the passenger is still higher. I'm on 22's and rubbing in the back (sometimes in the front)

Can I:

1. Adjust the stiffness of the shock via the DataSytem (from what I've been reading it doesn't look like it)?
2. Adjust the shock stiffness anywhere else?
3. Manually (not through controller) level the back like in your picture, independently
4. Manually (not through controller) level the front independently

I thank anyone and everyone in advanced for your help. I love this form!
Old 03-29-15, 03:21 AM
DjMidas
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sojah
if your height is uneven due to the stupid (i mean really awesome) datasystems controller the only thing that i have found to fix it is to hit the left down button to have it flash at you to change all 4 of the height settings then put it up 1 or 2 (right side up button) then hit the left bottom button again to lock in the setting. once it has adjusted to this new height and stopped flashing, then reverse the process to set it back at your original lower height setting. once it stops this usually puts them back in sync... also make sure the car is on flat level ground..

this is why i really hate my UL w/ controller... sometimes mine gets all out of sync and it is annoying to fix...

also to reset it all together if you hold the left up button down while the car is off hold the button down and then turn the car on... this puts it back to the first screen where you have to select the celsior > mc choice (if you have an 04-06 ls430) (in japanese it looks something like this """"""" UCF31MC]" セルシオ """""""" then you can select super down mode or regular down mode...

also i used to unplug the smaller plug out of the back and leave it unplugged for a minute or two with the car running and all 4 valve corners will flash then i would plug it back in and raise it up one and then lower it down one to try to get all 4 even again.

good luck man.

Same exact question but for a 2002 LS430 UL PLEASE HELP!!! ITS DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!
Old 04-26-16, 10:46 PM
JJlexus89
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Don't have an answer for you (sorry) but great writeup.

I need to figure out if I'm going to install mine now or take my LS back to stock and sell wheels & controller.
Did you sale your Control?
Old 02-09-21, 12:03 AM
THElouus
Driver School Candidate

Default It took me about an hour to install after the guy sent me the wrong one,

I thought about that too. I'm not interested lowering the car at a certain speed, and also wondered what happen if I didn't install the plug. Without it, it would be a 5 minute or less install.
It was my first one install after some guy in Japan sent me the wrong part I thought he wanted me to send it back, but he told me send 40 bucks and he told me to keep the first one he sent so now i have a extra head and hornes
Old 02-09-21, 12:05 AM
THElouus
Driver School Candidate

Default It took me about an hour to install after the guy sent me the wrong one,

I thought about that too. I'm not interested lowering the car at a certain speed, and also wondered what happen if I didn't install the plug. Without it, it would be a 5 minute or less install.
It was my first one install after some guy in Japan sent me the wrong part I thought he wanted me to send it back, but he told me send 40 bucks and he told me to keep the first one he sent so now i have a extra head and hornes what to do with the other one
Old 02-14-21, 05:12 PM
THElouus
Driver School Candidate

I hooked up controller not coming on
Old 02-14-21, 06:47 PM
430SLOwner
Instructor

Received 206 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by THElouus
It was my first one install after some guy in Japan sent me the wrong part I thought he wanted me to send it back, but he told me send 40 bucks and he told me to keep the first one he sent so now i have a extra head and hornes what to do with the other one
Originally Posted by THElouus
I hooked up controller not coming on
Poster airtime has not posted for over 7 years.... You may wish to ask elsewhere.... (forum moderator, Yamae, who recently posted at this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...001-ls430.html is very knowledgeable....)

Quick Reply: Datasystem Controller Writeup with Pix