LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Where to find Data Air Suspension Controller?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-08, 12:18 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by racinstyle
Since the pictures that I posted, my cars suspension has undergone a lot of fabrication. They have been modified to take an aftermarket air management system. So now everything runs quick at the push of a button. I'll see if i get the guy that bought my controller to post up a vid.

Its madd slow because of the follow. All the lines are hard lines that are less than 1/8". All four bags run on 1 small compressor and very small vavles. You can see em under your passenger side headlight. Its about the size of a mans fist. Take all that into account...try filling 4 bags with that equipment. See how long it takes you to raise or dump the car.
can you post what all has been modified on your air system to make it faster ??
Old 02-22-08, 11:30 AM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AutoSports
most likely air runners or UAS!
Nope, Ive modified the stock OEM toyota air struts that come with my Ultimate Luxury LS430. Ive modified the stock fitting (japanese) to fit a 1/4" (american) female fitting.

My Set up
-5 gallon slim and skinny tank
-(2) Viair 380 compressors
-Auto Pilot Air Management controller
-(2) 2-way electronic valves
-(2) Craftsman water traps
-1/4" line and fittings

all this plugs into my stock OEM bags with 1/4" line. Ive removed the stock valves and compressor, but still use the oem ecu to control the dampening.
Old 02-22-08, 11:49 AM
WALDIS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, Ive modified the stock OEM toyota air struts that come with my Ultimate Luxury LS430. Ive modified the stock fitting (japanese) to fit a 1/4" (american) female fitting.

My Set up
-5 gallon slim and skinny tank
-(2) Viair 380 compressors
-Auto Pilot Air Management controller
-(2) 2-way electronic valves
-(2) Craftsman water traps
-1/4" line and fittings

all this plugs into my stock OEM bags with 1/4" line. Ive removed the stock valves and compressor, but still use the oem ecu to control the dampening.
just curious as to how much all that cost im sure you save a lot of money using the stock OEM bags and all this is just plug and play right? just a matter of switching things out?
Old 02-22-08, 12:05 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by WALDIS350
just curious as to how much all that cost im sure you save a lot of money using the stock OEM bags and all this is just plug and play right? just a matter of switching things out?
Not everything is plug and play. It took a lot of time and experimenting to get the right sized fittings to fit on the OEM bags. I had to do a lot of cutting and welding to get those things to not leak and fit properly. Other than the stock air struts the rest of the system is very easy to install. Total it cost me around $2600 for everything. Lines, fittings, controller, valves, welding, metal sheets, tank, compressors, water traps, power wires, fuse box, remote wire, optima battery, and fuses.
Old 02-22-08, 02:57 PM
cleanm3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not everything is plug and play. It took a lot of time and experimenting to get the right sized fittings to fit on the OEM bags. I had to do a lot of cutting and welding to get those things to not leak and fit properly. Other than the stock air struts the rest of the system is very easy to install. Total it cost me around $2600 for everything. Lines, fittings, controller, valves, welding, metal sheets, tank, compressors, water traps, power wires, fuse box, remote wire, optima battery, and fuses.
did you do the install yourself? or was at a local shop?
Old 02-22-08, 03:14 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cleanm3
did you do the install yourself? or was at a local shop?
My homeboy (hoebag) and me did the install. I dont know how to weld, so I had to take it to one of my friends shop so he could weld the fittings for me.
Old 02-23-08, 08:41 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My homeboy (hoebag) and me did the install. I dont know how to weld, so I had to take it to one of my friends shop so he could weld the fittings for me.
Your crazy bro.... I'll see you this summer hopefully....cant wait to see your car
Old 02-23-08, 03:57 PM
juniorEXE
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

your nuts! can we get a sneak peek? pretty please with a cherry on top?
Old 02-25-08, 12:09 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GATO
Your crazy bro.... I'll see you this summer hopefully....cant wait to see your car
Wrd, same here! We gonna be rollin fresh!!

Originally Posted by juniorEXE
your nuts! can we get a sneak peek? pretty please with a cherry on top?
lolz....Here is a teaser of what the car is going through now. I'll take a pic of the suspension tonite.

Old 02-25-08, 01:49 PM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you frankensteining the car? I see a white color bumper and black color doors?

Last edited by airtime; 02-25-08 at 06:52 PM. Reason: correcting my spelling.
Old 02-25-08, 05:01 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by airtime
Are you frankensteining the car? I see a while color bumper and black color doors?
Just experimenting...the car is going to be 1 color when its done.
Old 02-26-08, 08:12 PM
juniorEXE
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i think i have an idea of what that kit is... should look gooooood. how about wheels? or are you going to stick with the s2h's? oh and it would be sweet if you youtubed a video of you playing with the switches
Old 02-27-08, 09:46 AM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by juniorEXE
i think i have an idea of what that kit is... should look gooooood. how about wheels? or are you going to stick with the s2h's? oh and it would be sweet if you youtubed a video of you playing with the switches
I sold the S2H a long time ago, I bought some 20s instead...keke. As soon as the car is done, ill take pics and video of how she sits.
Old 03-21-08, 09:53 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

May I ask what is the benefit of all that mods to the suspension?

Is it solely for the purpose of lifting and lowering the car quickly?
Old 05-16-08, 11:59 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by airtime
You can adjust the sensor rods in the front. Literally takes only a few minutes to do once you get the hang. Only pain in the *** is that it may cause the back to be un-balanced at times as one front corner affects the opposite side rear.

To adjust the front, turn the steering wheel completely to one side (let say you start off with turning right) You will now to be able to access the right sensor without removing your tires. I had the same question when I first started and here is an image of what the rod looks like. (should be in position #1 to lower it) The rod is double sided. Twisting it in one direction will "expand" the sensor, while the other will contract it, thereby lowering the sensor lever. However, even at the lowest, it may not suit your taste so you may have to cut about 1/4-1/2" off each side of the rod to give you a bit more lowering. Also note there is a locking nut on the top and bottom of the rod you need to loosen before twisting to adjust. Some others have fabricated their own rod. I tried but could not find a reverse treading die (the clockwise die is easily found). Once you figure out how easy it is, it will take you only seconds to access and adjust as needed.

The rears are even easier. Just crawl under the back wheels and you will see an adjustment bar one each side. Loosen the 10mm bolt and slide the sensor down. Tighten and you are ready to go.

This is important. It takes time for the compressor to adjust the height. Just wait a minute or two to see the result, it is not immediate. I think the lowering is a bit faster than the lifting but still slow.

Good luck.
Bumping frenzy tonight!!! Good diy write up airtime

Quick Reply: Where to find Data Air Suspension Controller?