Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Check VSC VSC off

Old 07-21-14, 01:18 PM   #91
Snoman
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default See if there's a clue here

Not sure if you've already got this information, but here's a link to the error code, which seems to explain this code fairly well:

http://www.datsc.com/tabid/122/OBD-E...s/Default.aspx

I've also had issues after replacing the O2 sensor with the VSC or CE lights illuminating in my LS430, but grounding out the two terminals on the outlet per previous posts seemed to resolve the situation with no noticeable side effects.

Goes without saying, but have you tried to discuss your issue with a Lexus dealer service manager? Might be worth exploring.

Good luck!!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-14, 04:37 PM   #92
yl472401
Driver School Candidate

What year model do you have and which two terminals did you connect ? I tried and didn't work and I read through the previous thread and got confused as there are no clarification which chart is the correct one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Not sure if you've already got this information, but here's a link to the error code, which seems to explain this code fairly well:

http://www.datsc.com/tabid/122/OBD-E...s/Default.aspx

I've also had issues after replacing the O2 sensor with the VSC or CE lights illuminating in my LS430, but grounding out the two terminals on the outlet per previous posts seemed to resolve the situation with no noticeable side effects.

Goes without saying, but have you tried to discuss your issue with a Lexus dealer service manager? Might be worth exploring.

Good luck!!

Last edited by yl472401; 07-23-14 at 04:43 PM..
yl472401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 11:21 PM   #93
yl472401
Driver School Candidate

Problem solved. It was the one of the upper stream wire that goes to the connector that broke off when I first dissemble the malfunctioned sensor. I didn't notice the problem until I finally took it to the dealer and the technician spotted it. Dealer charges 250 for the oxygen sensor which I can get Denso product from Amazon for $80. eventually, I managed to just bridge that wire and left the other three intact wires still go through the connector. Problem solved and so happy to see the yellow lights gone!

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by yl472401; 09-14-14 at 08:47 AM..
yl472401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-14, 03:27 PM   #94
Unsober1
Driver School Candidate

Another problem solved. Light was on for 3 days. Jumped terminal 3 top and 5 bottom. Light out during a 3 mile test drive. 2003 ls430. I'll update if issue continues
Unsober1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-14, 06:48 AM   #95
ithought
Driver School Candidate

Thanks a million teamplayer and FYOUNES (and the rest of you in this forum), 5 minutes and this worked a treat. Brilliant

Great to have a forum where people know their stuff.

Thanks again

Gerry, Wexford, Ireland

Last edited by ithought; 11-08-14 at 06:52 AM..
ithought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-14, 10:09 AM   #96
kenTHUNDER
Rookie

kenTHUNDER

I just tried this DIY but nothing. I only have check vsc and trac off lights on... Lights came on after installing airlift v2 management. Everything working like it should. I would just like these lights gone asap.

I put key in ignition and then put paper clip jumper into correct pin locations. I also put paper clip in before putting key in. Then I turn key to on but car is not on. My ABS light flashes a lot when I try this. Thats about it. Check vsc and trac off stay light.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
kenTHUNDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-14, 09:58 PM   #97
BradTank
Lead Lap

I would also like to know the answer to this.

I followed the procedure of jumpering the terminals as outlined in this thread, and only the "AFS Off" light flashes when I do it. The VSC never flashes, and continues to come on as before when the car is started.

I have no trouble codes or check engine lights, but I can't get these other lights to stop coming on.
Mine is a 2004, maybe the procedure changed for the model refresh?
BradTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-14, 03:58 PM   #98
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yl472401 View Post
Problem solved. It was the one of the upper stream wire that goes to the connector that broke off when I first dissemble the malfunctioned sensor. I didn't notice the problem until I finally took it to the dealer and the technician spotted it. Dealer charges 250 for the oxygen sensor which I can get Denso product from Amazon for $80. eventually, I managed to just bridge that wire and left the other three intact wires still go through the connector. Problem solved and so happy to see the yellow lights gone!

Hot Damn!! This is the exact same thing that happened to my ride. Tech said he's seen this happen a lot on a number of 400/430 motors. Unfortunately i had to let the dealer fix it while it was there. . Needless to say all lights are off and shes back to form again with increased gas mileage. Also, i've noticed the absence of an strong exhaust smell i used to get before the repair was done.
Old 11-25-14, 08:41 PM   #99
BradTank
Lead Lap

I think I may have figured out the issue.

Attached is a TSB from Toyota regarding other models.

According to the bulletin, you basically have to short and connect two strands of wire after inserting them into the proper ports 4 times as opposed to just "jumping" the ports and leaving them in place.

I seem to have gotten the light to turn off.

From Toyota:

Zero Point Calibration of Yaw Rate and Deceleration Sensors Using SST 0984318040.
When having replaced the yaw rate sensor, deceleration sensor or the ECU, perform the process for zero point of yaw rate and deceleration sensors as shown below.
1. Ensure the shift lever is in P range.
2. Turn the ignition switch ON.
3. Using SST 0984318040, repeat a cycle of short and open between terminals Ts and CG of DLC3 4 times or more within 8 seconds. Verify that the VSC indicator light is lit indicating the recorded zero point is erased.
4. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
5. Be sure the terminals Ts and CG of DLC3 are disconnected.
6. Turn the ignition switch ON.
7. Check that the VSC warning light goes off about 15 seconds after the ignition switch is turned ON.
8. After ensuring that the VSC warning light remains OFF for 2 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
9. Connect the terminal Ts and CG of DLC3 using SST 0984318040.
10. Turn the ignition switch ON.
11. After turning the ignition switch ON, check that the VSC warning light is lit for about 4 seconds and then starts quick blinking at
0.13 second intervals.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf br005-03_vsc light on - dtc c1203.pdf (182.9 KB, 16 views)
BradTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-14, 08:41 PM