I did exactly what PilotSmith and 03LS430 said with one wire connceted to two CG and TS. I only see ABS light and not VSC at all. I did wait for at least 10 seconds so only ABS. I have a 2001 LS430.
I followed what was said that
TOP..COUNT FROM THE LEFT THREE HOLES INSERT WIRE PAPER CLIP OR WHAT EVER...U WANT TO USE AS A JUMPER..BOTTOM COUNT FIVE FROM THE LEFT AGIAN INSERT.WIRE..TOP IS THIRD HOLE..BOTTOM IS FIVE..JUMP THE TWO..TURN ON CAR DONT START...A.B.S. LIGHT STARTS TO FLASH..AND DISPLAY READS V.S.C. TEST..LEAVE ON FOUR BOUT FIVE TO TEN SECONDS..TURN OFF CAR AND THEN PULL OUT THE JUMPER
VSC does not flash in my case. It is ABS flashing!
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
If ABS is flashing there are a host of sensors and things that can cause it. You need to start to eliminate the possible sources and hopefully find the bad component. I'd take it to a trusted mechanic as dealers can take you for a costly ride to diagnose and fix electrical issues. Good luck!
OK, I found out what's wrong with this diagram now, AND the other one posted a couple posts down below this (at least with my car).
The #5 pin up top is correct, but it's actually the #3 pin on the bottom, according to the way this diagram is drawn (with the shape of the plug the way it is).
I was able to get the "TEST VSC" to come on and all. But after I turn off the engine and back on, problem still exists. Since I bought the extended warranty, I already made an appointment for the car to be checked out. I didn't wanna do that if I didn't have to.
It FINALLY DID work (the orginal diagram FYOUNES, 03LS430 and Pilotsmith had said. The trick in my case was to leave ABS flashing for 25 seconds and then the TEST VSC came and it cleared. I think there are two reasons that it worked
1. You need to let it ABS flash for 20 seconds and then have Test VSC run for few seconds
2. As some one pointed, your car must be on level surface. First few times, I was trying from my driveaway which has 30% inclined so that could be the factor as well.
I had this VSC light on for more than 6 months and what a joy it was to drive the car today with VSC actually working. I could feel the car was having a grip on VSC!!!
mukarram20, do you remember if your CEL was one? Cause mine is on.
Anyways, mini update. I took it into service today. Apparently according to them, I have a bad O2 sensor that caused the CEL to come on. In turn it caused the VSC to not work. Gotta bring it back to them next week to change the O2. Hopefully that fixes it. Will update again then.
Sorry Guys, I failed to read the whole forum and found the information what I am looking for.
I just bought used 02 LS430 with Ultra options, I think I made a mistake when I did the following (yesterday):
1. Power wash (on high pressure) the engine (there is some sand in the engine area and try to wash it out). I realized now how stupid I was and not thinking that this could also impact some sensors.
2. Also fill up with 92 octane gas and add a bottle of chevron fuel injector cleaner.
3. open the plastic cover at the bottom engine to see the oil filter location, I want to change oil in about 1000 miles or so. When I tried to put the cover back with the engine is running, I decided to jack the driver side and tilting the car to give more room to screw back the plastic cover.
This what happened to the car:
1. The check engine light on
2. VSC off light on
3. Exclamation red light triangle on
4. This morning drive the car with all the lights on about 20 minutes destination car ran smooth with exception these warning lights on.
5. 3 hours later drive back and after 15 minutes drive noticed the idle a little rough (I thought the car would quit on me).
6. stopped at lunch for 1 hour and drive back the car runs OK on the way home.
I will try the following:
1. Jump TS and CG as posted in this forum
2. The rest I need you guys input, Please help...thank you so much.
3. could fuel injector cleaner causing engine running not smoothly
- result: follow instruction per these forums, Jumper TS and CG, VSC and ABS Blinking, wait for 30 seconds or more, VSC and ABS off, check engine light still on, few seconds later the VSC is back on. Tried the second time and did the same thing.
- took to someone who has scanner, told him exactly what happened, he reset the engine light, automatically the VSC also off. Start the car, the VSC on again, turn off engine wait a few seconds, turn the key on on position for few seconds, the computer indicating checking the system. then VSC light is off.
- Drove home the VSC is still off.
- Monday drove it out, the VSC light came back on again, this time I re do the jump cable again and it's work, including the cruise and radar. Thank you
- Let see I will drive again tonight and hopefully the VSC light stay off, will see.