LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

How to tell if LS430 is equpped with Ultra Luxury Package?

Old 07-09-09, 11:56 AM
YouGoGirl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be careful what you think you want. When it comes time for maintenance they will charge you a lot extra because it is that UL model. I just bought mine in an auction and it was NOT a good experience. It's a beautiful car with only 30K miles but I was shocked at all the extra money I had to pay to own it and now to maintain it. Not to mention you have to use premium gas.
Oh and for FLIPPU I loved the pictures you included, great job! Now I know mine isn't one of them (thank God). ha ha

I'm just wondering why the dealers want to charge different rates for the 30K checkup.
The nearest one in San Diego quoted me $795 not incl tax. Others said anywhere from $480.22. I've been told that each has a different hourly labor charge but this is ridiculous! I'm about ready to drive to Nevada or somewhere else to save the money (and still have a nice vacation). Even for car mats which I would like to replace they want $130-$170+tx. That's outrageous. I may have to sell my car soon if this keeps up, or heaven forbid look for a J-O-B
Old 07-09-09, 04:18 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Having buyers remorse are we?!

You do know that you bought a LEXUS LS430 (Flagship luxury sedan) right?

Tripping over the points you made is like complaining about maintenance and jet fuel cost after getting a great deal on G5 private jet, I'm just saying welcome to a different level of ownership & to CL as well.
The following users liked this post:
lexusito (04-15-24)
Old 07-09-09, 08:43 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default You gotta pay to play...

Originally Posted by Tee
Having buyers remorse are we?!

You do know that you bought a LEXUS LS430 (Flagship luxury sedan) right?

Tripping over the points you made is like complaining about maintenance and jet fuel cost after getting a great deal on G5 private jet, I'm just saying welcome to a different level of ownership & to CL as well.
exactly... like many have said here... "if you want to play, you gotta pay." By that, I'm not saying pay stupid like $200 for an oil change that is exactly like a $30 oil change, but if you want the flagship, it's gonna cost more for a water pump than it is for a Hyundai Elantra.
Old 07-10-09, 04:28 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i didn't want to say anything at first in response to YOGirls remarks cuz all that came to mind was negative stuff (like usual), but seriously, premium gas, seriously? i think you are driving the wrong car if you are complaining about paying a little more for premium gas. i think your L should be taken off and replaced with an H... and that doesn't stand for hybrid

regarding all the extra duckets for different parts & labor & various services, just be smart about it. if you know a rear diff flush & fill shouldn't be more than a hundred bucks then yeah definitely don't pay lex 280$ to do it. or like alexus mentioned about 200 for an oil change but certain things like parts (also mentioned above) will cost more on a more expensive vehicle. go by a ford or chevy if you want cheap parts, and btw you live in cali which is like the easiest spot in the 48 to get parts and work done on a lex.. just imagine living in some smaller location that is not very familiar with your vehicle 'at all'...
Old 07-10-09, 01:03 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

I agree. I didn't buy the UL so I could complain about the initial cost or maintenance costs. Buy the best and keep it the best. Otherwise, forget it. Just my opinion.
Old 07-10-09, 04:23 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
i think your L should be taken off and replaced with an H... and that doesn't stand for hybrid
Ok. I know I'm not the only one that doesn't get it?
Old 07-10-09, 05:34 PM
hoonunya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS430inDE.
Ok. I know I'm not the only one that doesn't get it?
they should have an H on their grill (Hyundai) ?
Old 07-10-09, 06:20 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

although to me the H signifies a Hyundai I really wouldn't be nearly as pissed driving my UL with an H on it cuz i'm still technically driving a UL, i guess i should have said something to the effect of your L (car) should be traded in for an H (car)...

come on ls430 guy in DE i know you can connect the dots if you really think about it. a few of your political jokes a month or so back had me thinking a little and i got most of them. even the acorn one but it really wasn't that funny, no seriously
Old 07-10-09, 08:36 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Default the name is Ara, but you can call me LS430inDE..lol

Originally Posted by sojah
although to me the H signifies a Hyundai I really wouldn't be nearly as pissed driving my UL with an H on it cuz i'm still technically driving a UL, i guess i should have said something to the effect of your L (car) should be traded in for an H (car)...

come on ls430 guy in DE i know you can connect the dots if you really think about it. a few of your political jokes a month or so back had me thinking a little and i got most of them. even the acorn one but it really wasn't that funny, no seriously
HAhaha! Yea...i guess i need to eat some more brightly colored and leafy fruits n veggies and pop some ginko pills huh? Maybe it's the $60 of sushi my date and i ate last night..lol. I'm running a lil sluggish.

I was trying to understand your joke saying out loud.....why HS?..versus the LS?... but hoonunya apparently got it lol

Is that crab feast going down tomorrow? You know if I didn't have to report to Dover AFB I'd show u how its dun, son! Take some pics...with the OWNERS next to their vehicles!!!!!!

And by the way...here we are, telling all kinds of stuff about ourselves, cars, lives, family, etc, yet nobody knows eachothers names???

My name is ARA. I think I'll put it on my signature.

Last edited by LS430inDE.; 07-10-09 at 08:38 PM. Reason: corrected hoonunya's name/spelling
Old 07-10-09, 11:27 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

People are always forgetting that these used to be a $70k car.
The depreciated price of the car doesn't mean the service will be either.

Heck, look at the $100k mercedes that are worth less than a brand corolla. The oil change certainly not going to cost $20 is it?
Old 07-11-09, 06:33 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

phone a little screwey, throwing up duplicate posts, erggg.

Last edited by sojah; 07-11-09 at 06:37 AM.
Old 07-11-09, 06:35 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

ara, sushi def sounds good, i wish i had eaten some good sushi lately. i will try to get some good pics of cars plus owners today. im sure ur prolly a veteran when it comes to breakin the crabs down, maybe next time u come out towards annapolis let me know and hopefully we can meet up. have fun at dover, my IRR just ended last week and im thrilled, cept no more commisary or bx for me anymore.

yeah thats a good point about the service not depreciating, i wasnt thinking along those lines. good point, i think i need to remember that a little more myself when im haggling with the mechanic next time

-bronson aka sojah or rusty_sojah depending on the site
Old 07-16-09, 02:10 PM
BLACKASH
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by exBMWowner
Not sure if you are still looking, but my 2004 LS430 UL is for sale. You can find it on Autotrader.com if you're interested. It is the one listed for $47,500 with around 40,000 miles on it.
Old 07-16-09, 02:27 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

he must have had it financed for like 8.5 years and thats what he owes left on it...
Old 07-17-09, 06:54 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACKASH
LOL You took that better than I did.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to tell if LS430 is equpped with Ultra Luxury Package?