Search this Thread

Old 08-26-14, 08:04 PM
doodoo
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glentamur
Finally got around to test fitting my 20x8.5(35) 20x10(43) Giovannas
'03 LS430 UL
Factory Air: I shaved the sensor bolts to get lower but need to take off more to achieve the stance I want. I only took a little off at first to try it.

I am absolutely in love with this tire-rim combo. The stretch came out exactly as I wanted (after countless hours of research on different tires and how they're gonna stretch)!

I test fitted the back and front on different days so I don't have a pic with both on at the same time.
The OEM front lug studs weren't long enough to fit the rim with the spacer I wanted to put on it so I had an adapter type, billet spacer (with studs in/on it) sitting around so I threw that on it. It came out with a little too much poke for me. I could probably work with it if I wanted to do some fender work but I'm trying to avoid that right now. It's my daily and also I have a little Rug-Rat on the way so I can't start any new projects.
Some of the pictures are deceiving. It's hard to perceive depth to be able to tell how much it's poking.
The back was alright, although the way it fit I think the fender would have to be shaved. I think I can do that myself. Anyone that's done it before can you give me a 1-10 rating on how hard it is to do that?
Anyways, I screwed up and lost the lug key so now I'm at a standstill until I get a remover that I ordered. Hopefully it works. Last resort, Les Schwab said they'd do it for $15 a lug and fortunately there's only 3 locking lugs for some reason! $45 not bad!
I also ordered some 50mm long lug studs. I'd love to paint the brakes silver and clean up the rotors at the same time as getting the wheels all tuned in but we'll see. The little one will be here any day now.

I'd love to hear any opinions or comments on all this.
I know my taste in wheels is a little bit different than usually seen on here but I love to be a little bit different. Also, I can't afford to spend $5000 on a wheel setup just to eventually ruin them cuz of my daily driving.
Someday when I can afford to have a nicer car that I don't have to drive every day, that's when I'll start saving up for some fattys!
Later guys!

The second pic is the front. The 3d pic is the back
To each their own. Everyone has their own style. To me they looked like 22s for a second lol. Nice rims though.
Old 08-26-14, 08:29 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

they do look like 22s
Old 08-27-14, 08:02 AM
nDrew
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dbjls430
nDrew Love your ride, it's CLEAN!
Thank you sir! Much appreciated.
Old 08-27-14, 08:05 AM
nDrew
Pole Position

Originally Posted by glentamur
Finally got around to test fitting my 20x8.5(35) 20x10(43) Giovannas
'03 LS430 UL
Factory Air: I shaved the sensor bolts to get lower but need to take off more to achieve the stance I want. I only took a little off at first to try it.

I am absolutely in love with this tire-rim combo. The stretch came out exactly as I wanted (after countless hours of research on different tires and how they're gonna stretch)!

I test fitted the back and front on different days so I don't have a pic with both on at the same time.
The OEM front lug studs weren't long enough to fit the rim with the spacer I wanted to put on it so I had an adapter type, billet spacer (with studs in/on it) sitting around so I threw that on it. It came out with a little too much poke for me. I could probably work with it if I wanted to do some fender work but I'm trying to avoid that right now. It's my daily and also I have a little Rug-Rat on the way so I can't start any new projects.
Some of the pictures are deceiving. It's hard to perceive depth to be able to tell how much it's poking.
The back was alright, although the way it fit I think the fender would have to be shaved. I think I can do that myself. Anyone that's done it before can you give me a 1-10 rating on how hard it is to do that?
Anyways, I screwed up and lost the lug key so now I'm at a standstill until I get a remover that I ordered. Hopefully it works. Last resort, Les Schwab said they'd do it for $15 a lug and fortunately there's only 3 locking lugs for some reason! $45 not bad!
I also ordered some 50mm long lug studs. I'd love to paint the brakes silver and clean up the rotors at the same time as getting the wheels all tuned in but we'll see. The little one will be here any day now.

I'd love to hear any opinions or comments on all this.
I know my taste in wheels is a little bit different than usually seen on here but I love to be a little bit different. Also, I can't afford to spend $5000 on a wheel setup just to eventually ruin them cuz of my daily driving.
Someday when I can afford to have a nicer car that I don't have to drive every day, that's when I'll start saving up for some fattys!
Later guys!

The second pic is the front. The 3d pic is the back
I recommend having a professional handle the shaving. Our fenders, especially on the rears, are very sensitive and if done improperly can cause more headaches. Just my 2 cents!
Old 08-27-14, 08:20 AM
jdotlim
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nDrew
I recommend having a professional handle the shaving. Our fenders, especially on the rears, are very sensitive and if done improperly can cause more headaches. Just my 2 cents!
Yeah listen to this guy. cuz I am haha

Test fitted some Auto Couture Magnifique. Fronts don't clear BBK, and rears sit on the tire. Not sure if I wanna keep these. Gotta add spacers in front. and maybe a little camber in the rear to let it sit where i want.

Name:  EA8AAD0F-4A1E-4F9F-AC82-A97C710CBF35_zpsqumq00ic.jpg
Views: 3469
Size:  87.5 KB
Old 08-27-14, 06:09 PM
JerZyLS430
Driver School Candidate

Default 1" short. 19" GS F Sport wheels / Ls430

Thought these looked good. Found these wheels for sale on craigslist nj..
Attached Thumbnails POST PICS OF 20's on your LS430-image.jpg  
Old 08-27-14, 08:18 PM
votru
Lead Lap

GS F wheels
Old 08-27-14, 08:42 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by JerZyLS430
Thought these looked good. Found these wheels for sale on craigslist nj..
those actually look pretty good.. maybe a spacer in the rear to make it flush..
Old 09-01-14, 11:16 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Roaming through Times Sq

from Wekfest East

Old 09-01-14, 01:26 PM
nDrew
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
Roaming through Times Sq

from Wekfest East

Car is looking great! Really liked the picture on your IG post of you parked at some meet on the street?
Old 09-02-14, 07:28 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
Roaming through Times Sq
Your car looks amazing as usual.

Those streets look terrible though.
Old 09-02-14, 07:16 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

JDot and LI, looking clean, very nicely done!
Old 09-02-14, 07:34 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Looks like Ty's GS in that last pic.. .
Old 09-03-14, 04:23 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by nDrew
Car is looking great! Really liked the picture on your IG post of you parked at some meet on the street?
thanks man, yea i like that shot too lol.

Originally Posted by Kira X
Your car looks amazing as usual.

Those streets look terrible though.
thanks Kira, yea the roads here are something..but imagine dailying that height

Originally Posted by ultm8mind
JDot and LI, looking clean, very nicely done!
thanks man

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Looks like Ty's GS in that last pic.. .
good eye
Old 09-14-14, 11:28 PM
2004TOYO
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can I get some help? Im ordering some Lexani CVX-44 for my 2004 LS. Question is, can i put a 20x10 on the rear with a stock suspension without any issues (rubbing, fender mods) and if so what size tire is recommeded, also what should the offset be for front & rear?
Note: The front will be 20x9.
Thanks for any feedback!

Quick Reply: POST PICS OF 20's on your LS430