LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Lexus Link (Error msg)

Old 11-05-07, 08:31 PM
piggieback
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lxgs4
at my dealership, when we remove the lexus link we also fill up the gas. just did one on the sc430 today. little more work on that one then the ls430.
Does the dealer remove the lexus link for free or is there a fee?.
Old 04-01-08, 01:19 PM
fyuen
Driver School Candidate

I too want to know if there's any way to disable the annoucment and initial screen upon each startup. Anyone knows? Thank you!
Old 04-01-08, 04:58 PM
got56ry
Rookie

I recently went to a lexus parts dealer to get a air filter and while was there I asked them about this problem. the guy told me that lexus would still remove the system free of charge
Old 04-01-08, 08:15 PM
lexusthai
Driver

Originally Posted by fyuen
I too want to know if there's any way to disable the annoucment and initial screen upon each startup. Anyone knows? Thank you!

I remember that a long time ago, in a thread somewhere in this forum (couldn't find by search), someone did tell us how to silent the lady announcing the Link System is Active.

Anyway, check out the Tips/Tricks thread.

As for the Initial "I Agree" Screen, I believe the Ultimate Lockpick can do that for you. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=260258
Old 04-02-08, 06:50 PM
j4x0n
Rookie

as long as you receive a letter from lexus about the removal, you just have to fill out the forms, take it to the dealer, and they'll remove it for free
Old 04-24-08, 12:57 PM
piggieback
Driver

Originally Posted by j4x0n
as long as you receive a letter from lexus about the removal, you just have to fill out the forms, take it to the dealer, and they'll remove it for free
I went to lexus of Naperville and they told me that they stopped performing that recall 6 month ago and there is nothing they can do?. So what now I have to listen to that annoying voice every single time?, this kind of service really makes me think twice about buying another lexus.
Old 04-24-08, 01:02 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hope that doesn't happen to mine...
Old 04-24-08, 09:20 PM
lexusthai
Driver

Originally Posted by piggieback
I went to lexus of Naperville and they told me that they stopped performing that recall 6 month ago and there is nothing they can do?. .
I remember that letter saying that they would do it for free until the end of Jan '08 or something like that. But I wanted to keep my recorder.

That Link error message came on twice, about a week apart. I haven't heard it again for the past month. You guys hear the messge every time you start the car?
Old 04-25-08, 07:24 PM
JMIG118
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexusthai
I remember that letter saying that they would do it for free until the end of Jan '08 or something like that. But I wanted to keep my recorder.

That Link error message came on twice, about a week apart. I haven't heard it again for the past month. You guys hear the messge every time you start the car?
EVERY SINGLE TIME it geting on my last nevre
Old 04-25-08, 07:25 PM
JMIG118
Driver School Candidate

does anyone know how to disable the dam error message???or lexus link without going to the dealer???
Old 04-25-08, 07:44 PM
samplzone
Driver School Candidate

please... anyone!! i have the same problem. im guessing mine was already disabled but it got reactivated when i installed my sub and amp. i never had the link error until i put in the aftermarket amp and sub. so im thinking my installers must have plugged something back in to reactivate it. i would also like to know if the dealership disables this for free. thanks in advance!
Old 04-25-08, 07:55 PM
JMIG118
Driver School Candidate

As i know they will but you have to pay for it frist and they will refund you..it 100 buck...but there has to be a way to make the dam voice stop
Old 04-28-08, 03:59 PM
lexusthai
Driver

Originally Posted by samplzone
mine was already disabled but it got reactivated when i installed my sub and amp
Reactivated? "'That'" is frustrating.
Old 04-28-08, 05:30 PM
samplzone
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexusthai
Reactivated? "'That'" is frustrating.
i had the car for a while now and recently installed an after market sub and amp. ever since that day i left the stereo shop... i have been hearing the link error. i never had that link error before until i had my sub and amp installed. so im guessing one of the installers at the stereo shop either reactivated or connected something that started up the lexus link again.
Old 10-26-08, 05:09 PM
OkieState
Driver School Candidate

BTW, took my 2001 430 LS in to the dealership (Sewell in Dallas) and had to pay 150 or so to get Lexus Link removed. It is only free if you are still under warranty.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus Link (Error msg)