Black Wheels on a Silver LS430

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-05, 05:58 PM
Naga
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Stefwilli
Again most of the people here are Club lexus are enthusiast who are into personalizing their cars. You are a person who believes the car is perfect the way it is from the factory.
Because we are different, please respect someones wishes to change the look of their car if they choose to. Do not come on this forum and bash our choices of Mods we prefer. To the last comment made about me I won't reply, but I am a Vendor here on CL and most members do consult D2Autosport for info about their vehicles.

quite fair enough, and i never said there was anything wrong with modfying a vehicle's chassis ( and there are definately some aspects of a car's design where factory specifications are THE closest thing to perfect )

but if your a vendor of chassis modifications, you better know what effect your products have on vehicle dynamics

regards

-Naga

Last edited by Naga; 10-09-05 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-09-05, 09:15 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Naga
quite fair enough, and i never said there was anything wrong with modfying a vehicle's chassis ( and there are definately some aspects of a car's design where factory specifications are THE closest thing to perfect )

but if your a vendor of chassis modifications, you better know what effect your products have on vehicle dynamics

regards

-Naga
Naga, thanks for the concern. I think most here know that when u change out the stock OEM parts, yes, you can encounter issues and it won't be the same as stock.

For example, Porsche with the 996 has to have its suspension changed when people fit 19s on it. I hope people with 19s know this. BUt that is a sports car. Less issues on a luxury car.

AS for black wheels on a silver LS, I think the black wheel thing is out of control now. Its on every car and is kinda played already.

And I think the LS as a true luxury vehicle, shoudl avoid black wheels UNLESS the car is black
Old 10-09-05, 09:18 PM
Naga
Driver School Candidate

they look good on a black WRX but the 01 LS has really silly stock rims and they did a fine job of taking care of that

sorry if i came off rude to anyone earlier
Old 10-09-05, 10:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

nage, that's definitely your points, to me that's just about give and take. lexus needs to make their car comfortable and such, so they have to compromise. i am not surprised about the height and such. but lowering has nothing wrong as long as it's done right.

i can safely say that my gs400 and sc430 lowered and modded can run circles around the stock vehicles. it might not ride as smoothly as stock, but that's what i am willing to give up on.

just how we want it differently anyway.

but for sure here on clublexus, you see a lot more people thinking the way i am
Old 10-10-05, 05:46 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by solarea100
Gotta sell the wife....
Please post pics and price of wife.
Old 10-10-05, 06:53 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

most of the people here are Club lexus are enthusiast who are into personalizing their cars... I am a Vendor here on CL and most members do consult D2Autosport for info about their vehicles.
I would disagree with that statement. From my experience, most members on this forum are driving "stock" Lexus' and have no interest in customizing or changing the dynamics of a finely-engineered automobile. I think most of us are here to learn about our cars, to find out about any potential problems we might have to be aware of, and to gain information on how to care for and maintain our vehicles. If you are a Vendor here, and have a financial interest in "customization", I can understand your point of view, but to say that "most of the people here....are enthusiasts who are into personalizing their cars..." is mis-leading.
Old 10-10-05, 07:16 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would disagree with that statement. From my experience, most members on this forum are driving "stock" Lexus' and have no interest in customizing or changing the dynamics of a finely-engineered automobile. I think most of us are here to learn about our cars, to find out about any potential problems we might have to be aware of, and to gain information on how to care for and maintain our vehicles. If you are a Vendor here, and have a financial interest in "customization", I can understand your point of view, but to say that "most of the people here....are enthusiasts who are into personalizing their cars..." is mis-leading.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry if you thought my comment was mis-leading, but like you said "From my EXPERIENCE (since august of 2005/ 19posts), most members on this forum are driving stock Lexus". I think you mean most LS430 owners drive stock Lexus and your probably right about that, but from my experience most members on this forum (all of clublexus/ not just LS430 members) are into modding their cars.
B.T.W I came to this realization before becomming a vendor.

On a lighter note this is a Modded LS430

Old 10-10-05, 07:23 AM
solarea100
Rookie

Originally Posted by I6turbo
Please post pics and price of wife.
Tried that once.....couldn't get a good price

I figure on a trade in for 2 - 20s (year old...that is)
Old 10-10-05, 07:34 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rjm
I would disagree with that statement. From my experience, most members on this forum are driving "stock" Lexus' and have no interest in customizing or changing the dynamics of a finely-engineered automobile. I think most of us are here to learn about our cars, to find out about any potential problems we might have to be aware of, and to gain information on how to care for and maintain our vehicles. If you are a Vendor here, and have a financial interest in "customization", I can understand your point of view, but to say that "most of the people here....are enthusiasts who are into personalizing their cars..." is mis-leading.
I think it depends largely on which forum you're on. The GS, SC 3/4, and IS300 forums are much more likely to be interested in modifications than the LS430 forums, and I think his statement might be true for those non-LS forums.

I agree that a big challenge in modifying the LS is to actually IMPROVE it so that the modifications are upgrades instead of downgrades. I really hate making modifications to any car that are overall downgrades to the vehicle. Unfortunately, such is the case with about 75% of everything that anyone does to any car unless they are VERY careful in selecting and implementing the modifications. This has been a constant challenge for me as I have modified my Supra from stock to the 900-ish HP that it's at now. I can't say that there is no deterioriation in any regard, but I can say that it is VERY minimal (stiffer clutch, louder exhaust is about it) and absolutely, positively, without any doubt, worth it. But, that's easier to maintain on a ultra high performance car like the Supra than it is on the LS. The threshold is lower on the LS. With the LS, I'm not sure I can do much beyond wheels, tires, exhaust, tint, and a well-chosen, well-set-up suspension kit (Tein CS is what I'm going with). I have everything except the suspension pretty much done, and so far I think the car is significantly improved. Not everyone would agree, but if one agrees with me in thinking that the stock LS is just a little bit too "grandpappy" in its character to be tolerable without mods, but at the same time agrees that VERY little sacrafice in ride quality, road noise, or the overall ultra-refined, ultra-comfortable manner of the car could be tolerated, then I think the modest modifications that I've mentioned above could significantly increase the satisfaction gained from the car. I know that I like the car twice as well as it sits now than I did when it was stock. I just hope I can get the Teins dialed in and the car lowered a little bit without any unacceptable ride/handling penalties (but I'm pretty sure I can).

All that being said, I'm one of those guys who can't stand to drive ANYTHING 100% stock. If I had a McLaren or an Enzo, I'd probably be building an exhaust system for it, or something.

Last edited by I6turbo; 10-10-05 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-10-05, 07:36 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

... like you said "From my EXPERIENCE (since august of 2005/ 19posts), most members on this forum are driving stock Lexus". I think you mean most LS430 owners drive stock Lexus and your probably right about that, but from my experience most members on this forum (all of clublexus/ not just LS430 members) are into modding their cars.
B.T.W I came to this realization before becomming a vendor.
Although I've been a Lexus owner for just a few months now, I've been actively monitoring and reading this forum since 2002. Because I haven't made 715 posts doesn't mean I am unfamiliar with the forum. I will stand by my statement. That's a beautiful car, by the way, just not what I'm into....and it's most likely not what the great majority of the members of this forum are driving.
Old 10-10-05, 07:38 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by solarea100
I figure on a trade in for 2 - 20s (year old...that is)

But that could get expensive....
Old 10-10-05, 01:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by rjm
i think it's more about in which forum you are in. go to the sc300/400 forum, the is300 forums, or the gs300/400/430 forums, i bet you 90% of the people there mod their cars.

i start to see the same thing on sc430 forums as well.

i am not surprised most people here in the ls430 forums prefer stock vehicles, afterall this is a big family sedan. however, i don't see anything wrong having it tastefully modded too. i, for one, would fully modify my ls430 if i got one today
Old 10-10-05, 01:52 PM
Naga
Driver School Candidate

theres always brabus, they make every MB they touch look like a silly lightshow ( do we need 4 foglamps on front?? )
Old 10-11-05, 03:54 AM
OGS
Lead Lap

Black wheels are coo, but getting very played out!

now concerning the reply about people on these forums having modded cars or not, well who cares! We are all here cause we love what we drive. Either being stock or a heavy modded car doesn't matter. It only matters to the driver.

If you like it stock, then ROCK it stock. If you like to be modded to the teeth, then MORE POWER TO YOU!
Old 10-11-05, 03:55 AM
OGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Naga
theres always brabus, they make every MB they touch look like a silly lightshow ( do we need 4 foglamps on front?? )
Come on now....yes the 4 fog lights are a bit of over kill, but you can't beat their body kits or engine mods... E, CLS, S, and SL.