LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

LS430 Tips & Tricks (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-09, 05:44 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Smartaccess

Originally Posted by DaytonaSTi
I didn't get how to assign a smartkey to a seat position. When you assign a seat position to a number, does it assign that as the auto-setting for the key that is used to turn the ignition to the 'on' position?

Also, I don't have nav and I held down the recirc button for a few seconds and my display reads '0'. How do I change that up or down for the smog filter? Did I just reset the cabin air filter replacement light?
First part, do you have smartaccess? I have the smartaccess and I programmed our two keys for the two drivers. The moment we open the door with the smartaccess, the settings start changing according to the key ,so you're set before you even sit down.

I have the NAV, so not sure what your second part means.
Old 11-12-09, 11:23 AM
DaytonaSTi
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do have smartaccess.

I read in this thread about adjusting the Smog Sensor by holding down the recirc button for the AC until the display showed 'M' or whatever which is the sensitivity for the pollution sensor. I held that button and it beeped and displayed a '0' on my radio, what buttons do I use to adjust the smog sensor, or did I reset another thing like the cabin air filter timer?
Old 11-12-09, 12:27 PM
thinkin
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Smartaccess linkage to a memory position only works when the car is unlocked with that Smartkey, not just turning the ignition (not sure why they did this).

To program it for a particular Smartaccess key, get in the car, shut the door, leave the igintion OFF, and hold down the desired memory position, then hold down UNLOCK on the fob. It should beep and you're in business. Now whenever that Smartaccess unlocks the car it'll set the positions accordingly for that memory.
Old 11-12-09, 02:47 PM
alanchad
Pole Position

Question

On a 2001 UL, how do I set which doors to lock/unlock when moving to/from park?

Thanks,

Alan
Old 11-12-09, 03:10 PM
Yaff
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel11
Yes this works on my 2001 LS430. It will also work the opposite way (wheel retracted fully, then click 8 times in same direction). It does save setting and is helpful to large/small drivers.

Fred
On my 2004, the click 8 times works but I can't save it. I have to redo everytimes.
Old 01-08-10, 04:51 PM
75rolla
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by alanchad
On a 2001 UL, how do I set which doors to lock/unlock when moving to/from park?

Thanks,

Alan
I second this.. Its getting really annoying having to press unlock so my passengers get out when I pull up and put the car in park.

Does anyone know how to change it to open the doors when the vehicle is taken from drive to park?
Thanks,
Eddie - 2001 UL.
Old 01-08-10, 05:53 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by 75rolla
I second this.. Its getting really annoying having to press unlock so my passengers get out when I pull up and put the car in park.

Does anyone know how to change it to open the doors when the vehicle is taken from drive to park?
Thanks,
Eddie - 2001 UL.
Yes, that is one of functions that must be programmed by your Lexus dealer.
I was also annoyed with this feature and had it reprogrammed by my dealer. I think they charged my $25, but it was worth every penny (I have 4 grandsons with friends, so you'll see why).
Old 01-09-10, 11:51 AM
mdawg630
Rookie

i have t vs in my car so if you ever want to be in your car with the headlights off you first have to push down on the emergency brake and then just make sure your lights are off and you good to go.i once asked the dealership if i could some how have the car on with no headlights running and they looked at me cracy and i ended up figuring it out on my own.Now i can watch my movies in my car with my hot dates .
Old 01-09-10, 11:24 PM
wildace
Pole Position

nice tricks. will try some of these
Old 02-28-10, 04:18 PM
Oldguys
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Reprograming Door Locks

Manual says push "LOCK" button and "TRUNK" button at the same time and hold for 5 seconds. Is this the drivers door lock button and the trunk release lever down by your left knee or something else.
Old 11-08-10, 02:56 PM
Carnut
Pole Position

Default Unknown Tips For Some LS-430's

1.) Ask a dealer to print out a list of the variables that can be set to your preference by them.

2.) There is a sliding drawer under the driver/passenger seat.

3.) “Hidden” trunk release button near the rear license plate.

4.)There's a rotary **** underneath driver's side dash that adjust the loudness of the beep when you lock and unlock your car

5.)You can adjust the maximum setting of steering wheel adjustment. With the steering wheel in all the way up (down; retracted; extended) click the **** 8 times in the same direction, it will extend the steering wheel even further. It does save setting and is helpful to large/small drivers.

6.)Lexus dealer can control the amount of doors that open with regard to the smart key.

7.)You can get the windows/sunroof to open while holding the unlock button on your remote. Leave the ignition off and sit inside. With the master remote in your hand hold down the lock and trunk buttons at the same time. On the display it will cycle through three setup options. One of those options is to open all of the doors.

8.)Head lights will turn off if you press Lock on the key twice

9.)Command List for voice navigation
http://www.vfaq.net/docs/Prius_NAV_Voice_commands.html

10.)When you put the L/R mirror on and you put your car on reverse, the mirrors turn downwards allowing you to see the floor behind.

11.)If you hold the unlock button on the remote down for more than 2seconds all the windows roll down.

12.)SMOG Filter: hold down the 'recirculate air' button a few seconds (its the button with three settings (outside/AUTO/inside) on the left of the NAVI screen), and the Smog filter settings will come up; you can adjust how sensitive your LS should be to smog. (Note: car must be stopped for this function to work).

13.)NAVI screen color: go to Options>Information>Screen Setting and there's a choice of colors. (04+)

14.)Smartkey: If you leave the key inside the car and try to lock the vehicle using the door buttons it can detect the key is inside the car and warns you with a long beep ...how does it know whether the key is just inside the door or just outside in your pocket? Beats me.

15.)Smartkey (2): You can assign seat setting presets to each individual key (husband and wife for example) by pairing a key with a seat position preset button (1, 2 or 3). From then on whenever that key unlocks the car the seat will automatically adjust to the right position without having to press the seat memory button.

16.)Bluetooth Phone: You can get around the "can't dial when the car is moving" problem by simply dialing the number from the phone in your pocket - it will still come through hands-free once the connection is made.

17.)Bluetooth Phone (2): If you have a PDA that uses your bluetooth phone to sync it won't work while the phone is connected to the car. To get around this temporarily you can tell the car to try to connect to a different phone that you have previously paired (just borrow one for this purpose). As it attempts to pair with the other phone (the other phone doesn't have to be present for this to happen) it will release the current phone and therefore allow you to sync your PDA. Just reverse the process to pair the phone with the car again afterwards.

18.)Bluetooth Phone (3): If you switch off the car during a handsfree conversation the phone will offer you option of transferring the call back to your phone to continue it (works on Sony Ericsson T610 at least).

19.)Door Storage Pockets: You can actually pull these and they will swing outwards 45 degrees to more easily get to items.

20.)Incline parking safety feature
If your LS 430 is parked on a slope, and the front wheels are not angled properly (such as in the direction of the slope), your LS 430 ignition WILL NOT WORK. The car automatically locks up the ignition, and the car will not start until you have reoriented the front wheels. This can occur on a slight incline of around 15 degrees, and all the way likely to 40. 45 degrees...To resolve the ignition lockup (and indeed, no amount of twisting or key-insertion will turn the ignition on), one must have one's foot on the brake, rotate the front wheels from side to side, until a safe wheel angle is achieved. Then, turn the ignition slowly; if it is still stuck, redo the wheels. Once the car has detected a safe wheel position, the car ignition will work normally and you can drive off--safely.

21.)NAVI Memory Point Chimes
Assign an icon to your memory point, which will take you to the icon selection menu---there you can select 'special icons' which emit chimes when you approach your destination.
The following users liked this post:
PearlUni05 (08-01-17)
Old 11-08-10, 06:04 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amazing thread!
Old 11-08-10, 06:39 PM
thinkin
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good stuff. #6 is actually a user-selectable option, instructions in the manual. I would also add that there's some debate as to whether #5 is good for your motor assembly.
Old 11-09-10, 09:57 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

#14.......proximity sensor, it knows exactly where the key is at.
Old 11-09-10, 03:14 PM
Carnut
Pole Position

I have "Disabled" my folding mirrors to stay "OUT", unless I want them folded in for some reason. Why have the motors working just to fold them in the garage here at home, or anywhere else ? I park so far from everyone else to prevent "door dings", I don't worry about them there either. Yea, they are a "neat" feature, but I'm very selective in where I actually fold them.

The rear shade is something else I intend to find out how to use ONLY when I want to, and It's probably right under my nose. I have not had the car long enough to read about all the "goodies" you can do, and only my wife and I drive the car, so the pre-sets on the left door are good for number 1 and number 2, so I'm not worried about "Which Key Does What". A bit of "over-kill" ?

Quick Reply: LS430 Tips & Tricks (merged threads)