LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Modified Luxury and Exotics - Air Runner LS430 in this month's issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-05, 03:49 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts
Default Modified Luxury and Exotics - Air Runner LS430 in this month's issue

Anybody get the Modified Luxury and Exotics magazine?

Nice writeup on air runner suspension on a nice looking LS430 in the May/June 2005 issue.

I'll try to get some scans or snap pics to share.
Old 04-04-05, 04:26 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Snapped a couple of quick pics since my tech support (GF) is out of town to help me with the scanner. Was/am in a hurry so these aren't the best quality, just wanted to give you an idea what the LS in the mag looked like

full image https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...sort/1/cat/500

full https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...sort/1/cat/500

full https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...sort/1/cat/500
Old 04-04-05, 05:22 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Yes, I have a subscription to the mag also. Excellent magazine.

You need to contact them, Dave to feature your car. I am sure they would be receptive to doing a write up on your car considering all the mucho dinero invested in it.
Old 04-04-05, 09:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

haha maybe that's why dave has the mag, to get the contact information?
Old 04-05-05, 01:14 PM
jpcdmd
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm sorry. I know to each his own, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, etc, but I think that looks absolutely retarded. It looks as if the car fell from a height of 50 feet and landed on all fours at the same time, and the wheels got jammed up under the fender. I just think its waaaayyyy too low. I'm all for lowering the car so the wheels are tucked to give an agressive look but geez thats just too much. I think it ruins the car.

If you want to do that to a Civic or something, be my guest, but a $70,000 luxury car? Whats next, a Maybach scraping the ground?

Same goes for all those jacked up pickup trucks driving around 30 feet off the ground! WTF?????????? Those dudes must have 2 inch dicks.

Last edited by jpcdmd; 04-05-05 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-05-05, 01:22 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by jpcdmd
I just think its waaaayyyy too low. I'm all for lowering the car so the wheels are tucked to give an agressive look but geez thats just too much. I think it ruins the car.
I agree with you... not a fan of stuff sitting on the ground. Just barely tucking is low enough.

However, there are many that like it and feel that its an important part of "being VIP" - more power to 'em.
Old 04-05-05, 03:23 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its for SHOW they dont drive it like that.

Yes its NOT for everyone but how many times have you been to a car show and the car is NOT slammed. The guys with coilovers slam the car just for the show then raise it back up for daily driving.

I like the NEWR models slammed then OLD skool........
Old 04-05-05, 04:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by jpcdmd
I'm sorry. I know to each his own, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, etc, but I think that looks absolutely retarded. It looks as if the car fell from a height of 50 feet and landed on all fours at the same time, and the wheels got jammed up under the fender. I just think its waaaayyyy too low. I'm all for lowering the car so the wheels are tucked to give an agressive look but geez thats just too much. I think it ruins the car.

If you want to do that to a Civic or something, be my guest, but a $70,000 luxury car? Whats next, a Maybach scraping the ground?

Same goes for all those jacked up pickup trucks driving around 30 feet off the ground! WTF?????????? Those dudes must have 2 inch dicks.
i have to agree with you too, that's why i haven't even considered these on my car, even if so, i doubt i will ever lower it like that. i dont' think it looks good. dunno, even during the shows i dont' understand people slamming their cars myself
Old 04-06-05, 03:21 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i have to agree with you too, that's why i haven't even considered these on my car, even if so, i doubt i will ever lower it like that. i dont' think it looks good. dunno, even during the shows i dont' understand people slamming their cars myself
A lot of the shows are about things that are not considered "normal" by you and I. That's part of the reason why cars are slammed like that at shows.

Remember another guy with about 10 TV's in his GS400? That's not normal either - it's done strictly for shows.
Old 04-06-05, 09:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Hameed
A lot of the shows are about things that are not considered "normal" by you and I. That's part of the reason why cars are slammed like that at shows.

Remember another guy with about 10 TV's in his GS400? That's not normal either - it's done strictly for shows.
yup, most definitely. that's just a trend how things are done at the shows. i have no problem with it, just not something i would even think to attempt. but it's all good, it's all personal taste
Old 04-06-05, 12:04 PM
cenwesi
Rookie

Unfortunately we have some ricers that still haven't grown up. Why do this to a $70k car. They can only re-sale this car to a ricer. Even pimp my ride show will NOT do that to a lexus but then again i might be wrong.
Old 04-06-05, 03:12 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cenwesi
Unfortunately we have some ricers that still haven't grown up. Why do this to a $70k car. They can only re-sale this car to a ricer. Even pimp my ride show will NOT do that to a lexus but then again i might be wrong.
Ricer ......... LOL

I have air on my car and w/ an air system controller I can lower it alot. Its NOT slammed like the air runner. I like it lowered when my car is parked. There is no way i can drive like that cause the car sits on the tires.

I guess I dont want to grow up i still like alot of toys.......... BIG BOY TOYS!!
Old 04-06-05, 11:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by cenwesi
umm, not sure if i would go that far as ricer, a lot of nice vip cars in japan they are all on air.
Old 04-07-05, 06:53 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

I just bought the mag yesterday, pretty nice looking LS.I like that color , too bad it's no longer available in Canada since last year.

I hate the "slammed" look with the car in it's lowest position though. Totally destroy the overall appearance of the car IMHO, I can never understand why people would want to do that even for display purpose

Last edited by Gojirra99; 04-07-05 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-08-05, 09:40 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

is it anyways like a air suspenison? cause it says it can be lowered or w/e

Quick Reply: Modified Luxury and Exotics - Air Runner LS430 in this month's issue