LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Poor Seats in 2005 LS430

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-05, 10:48 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor Seats in 2005 LS430

A member by the name of rpostell asked me to post this for him.

I had a 2002 LS430 and the driver and passenger seats were just great. I ordered a new 2005 LS430 at the and they apparently were unaware of any changes to the seats to the LS. I drove off without test driving to find out that these seats are the worst seats of any vehicle I have every owned. I tried to take it back to the Lexus dealer several days after the purchase but no way it mine, they won't take it back execpt for a $12,000 loss. They won't fix it! Lexus corporate won't fix it. They won't even sell me the 2003 seats at mfg. cost. dealer cost is $3000 per seat. I have another friend that bought a 2004 LS430 that I found out later has had the seat repaired and replaced and it still is terrible in his car. I have bought 2 other Lexus cars from this same dealer and they don't care and I was going to buy my wife a new LX470. I don't think I will ever buy another Lexus product. This car has 300 miles on it and I have been fighting with Lexus USA for over a month. I guess I will just trade it in on a Audi A8 and take loss. Does anyone have any ideas??? HELP. Can you help me post to a forum. Thanks.
Old 03-12-05, 04:49 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 409 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by LasVegasGS

I had a 2002 LS430 and the driver and passenger seats were just great. I ordered a new 2005 LS430 at the and they apparently were unaware of any changes to the seats to the LS. I drove off without test driving to find out that these seats are the worst seats of any vehicle I have every owned. I tried to take it back to the Lexus dealer several days after the purchase but no way it mine, they won't take it back execpt for a $12,000 loss. They won't fix it! Lexus corporate won't fix it. They won't even sell me the 2003 seats at mfg. cost. dealer cost is $3000 per seat. I have another friend that bought a 2004 LS430 that I found out later has had the seat repaired and replaced and it still is terrible in his car. I have bought 2 other Lexus cars from this same dealer and they don't care and I was going to buy my wife a new LX470. I don't think I will ever buy another Lexus product. This car has 300 miles on it and I have been fighting with Lexus USA for over a month. I guess I will just trade it in on a Audi A8 and take loss. Does anyone have any ideas??? HELP. Can you help me post to a forum. Thanks.

What exactly are you bortchin' about? What is different from the 2002 vs the 2005?
Old 03-12-05, 05:19 AM
sirrob11
Driver School Candidate

Default Adjust b4 you leap.

If after a few weeks of getting used to 'something new' go to a large junkyard (check the internet if none are local) and have them yank a seat on a 2002 LS430.

Take the time now to really dial in all 12 adjustments on the 2005 before you leap.
Old 03-12-05, 05:57 AM
Smoothride
Rookie

Default Give it a few weeks

I agree w/ sirrob, give the seats a few weeks or a month. I used to sell cars and new seats are like new shoes, they take a while to get adjusted to. Honda's had very firm seats and buyers didn't always like them at first, but like shoes they break in and you get used to them. Otherwise, junkyard time.
Old 03-12-05, 07:39 PM
stanatl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found the driver's seat of my '04 LS 430 very uncomfortable when I first got the car. For some reason, the seat bolster on the right side rubbed my leg and actually irritated it. I fiddled with the seat cushion position by making it longer or shorter and each time drove it for awhile until I found the position that didn't bother me. I found the back (particularly with the two lumbar controls) very comfortable from the beginning.

I don't know what your issue is with the seat, but if you try different adjustments (and there are pleanty of ways to adjust it), I find it hard to believe that you won't find a position that is comfortable for you.
Old 03-13-05, 05:01 AM
Diesel11
Driver

Man, I have had some annoying issues with my car, but this is a bit much. I feel sorry for Lexus USA having to deal with complaints like this. Drive the car a little longer and you will like it a lot better. Just relax, its a great car, honest. I am not making fun of you, but I think that in a month you will realize that you are over reacting.

Fred
Old 03-13-05, 04:14 PM
MikeC4w
Driver School Candidate

Maybe you could pull them out & put a couple of NICE milk crates in the car......
NOT the cheap ones but REAL nice ones..............
let us know how you make out
Old 03-15-05, 12:07 PM
asleep
Rookie

I felt like my seats(2004) were pretty uncomfortable for the first month or so until I really started messing with the inflatable bolsters in the seat back. I pumped up those balloons quite a bit and it alleviated the "cramped shoulder" feel I had. Only after that could I adjust the rest of the seat settings to the perfect setup for me. No complaints about my LS430 seats, now.
Old 03-16-05, 03:01 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't tell me it is Flecther Jones Lexus!!
Old 03-16-05, 03:22 PM
ihparker
Driver School Candidate

Default Coming from a BMW 745i

Coming froma BMW 745i with comfort seats, I still find the Lexus seats one of the harder things to get used to. The BMW seats could be adjusted to perfectly fit me. Not so, the Lexus seats.

2004 LS 430 UL
Old 03-16-05, 03:33 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I really like the milk crates suggestion and think I might look into a pair of those for my own car.
Old 08-07-08, 07:42 PM
MacLS430KS
Driver School Candidate

I am a new owner of a 2005 UL LS and after just two weeks I am hating the seats. I had been test driving 2008 ES350s and just assumed an LS would be more comfortable than less. Has anyone come up with a good option to make these seats more comfy? Perhaps inserting a 1 inch layer of latex foam under the leather?

I know this is a really old thread, but maybe in 3 years a genious has arisen among the club!

Thank you!
Old 08-07-08, 09:19 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

havent tried the 05's but the the second i sat in my 01 i thought heaven has come lol
Old 08-08-08, 01:32 AM
ty423
Driver

lol what? wfwdfwssdf
Old 08-08-08, 06:02 AM
jdp1955
Driver School Candidate

Default I agree

I have a tendancy to agree. The seats just seem "flat" to me...minimal support, but still quite comfortable. Probably will just take some time getting used to. Also, I am unable to get the seat to tilt back far enough for my long legs.

Quick Reply: Poor Seats in 2005 LS430