Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LS Models > LS400
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Suspension spring discussions (The Mother Thread)

Old 05-10-14, 11:30 AM   #391
Ingelsgard
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Hi Guys

I have a UCF21 that i use alot. and dont want to kill my comfort.. What lowering springs should i go with then? I dont need to lower it to mutch.. H&R? Tanabe? Tein?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Ingelsgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-14, 06:47 PM   #392
RA40
Trader Score: (6)

Welcome to Club Lexus.

The UCF 21 is one that is equipped with factory air. If it isn't already, those air struts will leak so changing them over to a spring coil system is the least costly. As for shocks, the Bilstein HD are pretty nice and a good combinations with those three springs. My suggestion for springs would be H&R followed by Tein.

Changing the ride height, you may find that the new position isn't liked by the strut bar bushings. Depending how may miles/km are on the car, I would suggest checking this because you'll be needing an alignment. Eliminating one other potential problem will save you $ and time from having to go back in and replacing them.

Mike
RA40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-14, 10:30 AM   #393
Ingelsgard
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA40 View Post
Welcome to Club Lexus.

The UCF 21 is one that is equipped with factory air. If it isn't already, those air struts will leak so changing them over to a spring coil system is the least costly. As for shocks, the Bilstein HD are pretty nice and a good combinations with those three springs. My suggestion for springs would be H&R followed by Tein.

Changing the ride height, you may find that the new position isn't liked by the strut bar bushings. Depending how may miles/km are on the car, I would suggest checking this because you'll be needing an alignment. Eliminating one other potential problem will save you $ and time from having to go back in and replacing them.

Thank you =)

No sorry.. The only thing missing on my car is Air ride. Itīs imported from Dubai and for some reason they think standard coils is more reliable. So thats what i have.
And now since aftermarket Air-ride is so expensive. I was thinking of starting with just coils/springs and then save up for air-ride.

Yes i understand that the OEM dampers wont like it, But on a 14+ year old car, When they are done, Then ill have to change them anyway soon.

From what i can understand i allready have some problem with the aligment becuse the OEM dampers dont like my big 20 inch rims.
I thought lowering the car would fix that.. But you say it can give me more problems?

But IF i should change my springs and keep as mutch comfort as possible.. Its H&R.. And not Tanabee (Seems very popular here)
Old 05-12-14, 05:44 PM   #394
Gene01
Lead Lap

Unfortunately, the UCFx0 vs. x1 designation is dependent upon the country the car was built for.
The definitive way to determine it is to look at the VIN placard on the frame of the driver's-side (at least in North America) door.
If I remember, it is the second line from the bottom, but "fer shur" has the UCFxx number.
Gene01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-14, 12:26 PM   #395
Ingelsgard
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene01 View Post
Unfortunately, the UCFx0 vs. x1 designation is dependent upon the country the car was built for.
The definitive way to determine it is to look at the VIN placard on the frame of the driver's-side (at least in North America) door.
If I remember, it is the second line from the bottom, but "fer shur" has the UCFxx number.
Oh its a 21.. fur shur

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-19-14, 09:14 PM   #396
Gene01
Lead Lap

I could not open the picture, but it sounds like you have it correct. Thanks.
Gene01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 08:21 AM   #397
BigIron5
Driver School Candidate

At 174k, I'm sure my struts and springs on my 1999 LS400 are due for replacement. I was thinking of going with Eibach or H&R springs with KYB or Bilstein shocks, but it looks like the Megan EZ Street coilover system is cheaper and offers more options.

My main issue is that I'm only looking for a 1"-1.5" drop. On the highest setting, how much do the EZ Streets lower the car?
BigIron5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 08:21 AM

Tags
18, 18x10, 1995, 1995ls400, 1997, 1999, 2, 20, 2000, 25, 330, 400, 91, 93, 95, 97, 98, 99, aftemarket, bad, bar, bilstein, california, car, cheapest, civic, club, clublexus, clunk, coils, combo, custom, customs, cut, cutting, devino, df210, drifz, drop, ebay, eibach, es, fit, forum, gas, good, gr, gr2, gs300, gs400, heating, hr, is300, kind, kit, kyb, lexus, lift, lower, lowerd, lowered, lowerign, lowering, lowest, ls, ls4, ls400, nelson, pic, pics, picture, pictures, pro, revi, review, rims, rubber, shocks, southern, spacers, sportline, sports, spring, springs, srings, stock, sway, tanabe, tanbe, tannabe, thread, tokico, wheels, work