LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

World Exclusive: First real pictures of the 2004 Lexus LS430

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-03, 08:59 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Exclusive: First real pictures of the 2004 Lexus LS430

You have to thank Autospies.

http://www.imakenews.com/autospies/e...e000177196.cfm

Here are the specs for the European version.

NEW LEXUS LS430 TO BE SHOWN AT FRANKFURT MOTOR SHOW

· ‘Emotional and advanced’ design concept with smoother exterior profile

· Performance, comfort and safety enhancements

· New six-speed automatic transmission with sequential shift lock mode delivers enhanced performance with lower fuel consumption

· Quieter, more comfortable and stylish interior

· I-AFS (Intelligent-Adaptive Front-lighting System) greatly improves visibility

· Standard air suspension incorporates new shock absorbers for an even smoother ride

· Advanced technology includes LED rear lamps, Lexus Parking Assist monitor, voice-operation DVD navigation system and Bluetooth technology for hands-free phone

· European-first provision of driver and passenger knee airbags

· Available in the UK in November 2003

The new Lexus LS430, the third generation of the Lexus flagship model, builds on more than a decade of luxury car development, adding an ‘emotional and advanced’ design concept, dynamic performance and more advanced technology.

When setting the theme for the new LS430, the Lexus design team identified three factors: emotional exterior styling, perceptible quality performance and advanced safety features. In each of these respects the new LS430 moves the industry benchmark still higher.

The exterior of the new LS430 is distinguished by the shape of the I-AFS headlamps, the lower and wider design of the front-end and the more pronounced, muscular bonnet profile. The smoother combination of straight lines and subtle curves along the car’s flanks are further enhanced by elegant five-spoke, 18-inch alloy wheels which perfectly match the car’sproportions. The boot lid features a new rear trim design and high-technology rear lamp clusters, with fast-responding LED units for tail and stop lamps. The new LS430 has twin exhaust outlets, visible on each side beneath the bumper assembly.

The double overhead-cam, 32-valve, 4.3-litre V8 meets all forthcoming EURO IV standards with no change in its components. It develops 279bhp at 5,600rpm and 417Nm of torque at 3,400rpm and is combined with the all-new

Super ECT electronically-controlled six-speed automatic transmission with sequential shift lock mode. It will power the Lexus flagship from nought to 62mph in 6.3 seconds.

The car has well balanced, 53/47 front to rear weight distribution. The front and rear suspension systems make extensive use of aluminium in their construction and feature new bearings, retuned bushes, a long wheel stroke and redesigned shock absorbers to achieve increased ride comfort, stability and responsiveness. Electronically modulated air suspension remains standard equipment. This system is the first in the world to utilise the non-linear HĄ control method to control its damping and achieve unmatched stability and ride quality. The ability to lower ride height at high speeds improves aerodynamic properties resulting in a coefficient of drag (Cd) of 0.25, among the lowest of any passenger car.

The new LS430 features a particularly roomy passenger compartment. Precise fit and finish demonstrate Lexus craftsmanship and the level of tolerance for interior fittings has been reduced to 1mm, the finest level yet achieved.

The interior cabin of the Lexus LS430 features the latest generation Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) technology, with dual front airbags with two-stage variable-force activation, side curtain airbags and the Europe-first provision of driver and front seat passenger knee airbags. The knee airbag is designed to deploy from the lower part of the instrument panel at the same time as the front airbag to reduce injury from contact with steering column and lower dashboard structures. It has also been found to reduce head and chest injuries by reducing pelvis displacement and rotation of the torso in a major impact.I-AFS, Intelligent Adaptive Front-lighting System, greatly improves visibility. Unlike less sophisticated systems which are merely directly linked to a car’s steering, or use additional lights, the I-AFS controller controls the lighting direction of each low beam unit, linked to steering input and the speed of the car. It is combined with xenon headlights with an automatic leveling system and headlamp cleaners for optimum night-time vision.

The Lexus Parking Assist Monitor projects an image onto the navigation screen when reverse gear is selected, allowing accurate manoeuvring and minimising the risk of collision with low-level objects. The same touch-sensitive seven-inch display also shows on-board information from the Lexus Voice-Recognition Navigation system. It features the latest hands-free technology, recognising around 300 spoken commands. In addition, the Bluetooth technology allows cable-free use of personal data and mobile phone equipment.
Attached Thumbnails World Exclusive: First real pictures of the 2004 Lexus LS430-1.jpg  

Last edited by Horta; 08-21-03 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-21-03, 08:59 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

Attached Thumbnails World Exclusive: First real pictures of the 2004 Lexus LS430-3.jpg  
Old 08-21-03, 09:00 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

Attached Thumbnails World Exclusive: First real pictures of the 2004 Lexus LS430-2.jpg  
Old 08-22-03, 01:48 AM
additude
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My personal opinion....

It's ugly. Looks like a Mercedes knockoff......

The cabin looks good, but I do not like the body style.
Old 08-22-03, 06:39 AM
Higuma
Driver

Default So.....

So basically it's a Left hand Celsior with L's instead of Toyota Symbols... Good on Lexus for finally getting the BIG T to let them have all the same options as Japan gets... The only problem will likely be - A weak US dollar vs the Yen and all of those new shiny options are going to price a loaded LS WAY WAY up in $$$$$$....

Old 08-22-03, 07:28 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yup, little improvement is notisable up front; it still does not look too good to me from the back though.
Old 08-22-03, 09:01 AM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Better pictures:

http://www.autofiend.com/modules.php...article&sid=92
Old 08-22-03, 09:13 AM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by retrodrive
Yup, little improvement is notisable up front; it still does not look too good to me from the back though.
My thoughts exactly. I like the look of my first gen better on the outside. But man, that interior is sweet!
Old 08-22-03, 10:15 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: So.....

Originally posted by Higuma
So basically it's a Left hand Celsior with L's instead of Toyota Symbols... Good on Lexus for finally getting the BIG T to let them have all the same options as Japan gets... The only problem will likely be - A weak US dollar vs the Yen and all of those new shiny options are going to price a loaded LS WAY WAY up in $$$$$$....

"All the same options"? That has to include Celsior's TV/DVD/VCD player with 6-disc DVD changer and DTS decoder. Unfortunately that isn't happening.
Old 08-24-03, 11:23 AM
MQM
Driver

Looks okay i like it, and i bet its much better in person..

I thought they were going to introduce AWD this year? I dont know im probably wrong...But overall they just changed some minor things on the car...