LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

New Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-03, 10:56 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New Coilovers

FLT - A2 have been released by JIC Japan 1.5 month ago and JIC USA got them in last Sunday. The head of JIC in US just saw them first time in his life as we opened the box. So looks like I am the owner of the ONLY set of these coilovers for any car in US

Now that I am done showing off; they are avaliable for the first gen LS since my car was used for fitment and I am currently have them on. Before I had the SF1 soilovers which I absolutely loved. The ride was very smooth, a lot less bumpy and the body roll was reduced drastically. I could pretty much do anything I wanted on a freeway including sharp change of 5 lanes at 100mph without loosing control. I als could take exits at about 45mph but I was not completely trusting myself and my car doing thast.
I have had the new setup for a day now and although it is tuned to be a little stiffer then my SF1's, I like it more. It can do what SF1 could not. For example, the control over the car have increased dramatically. I can precisely control any drift on sharp turns. I can take a freeway exit at 60mph sliding sideways and still retaining full controll over the direction that the car is going. when I did that today on one of the exits I always test my car on (25mph limit) and my jaw simply dropped after i came out of that turn in good shape.

Final thought. Coilover setup is an amazing thing. You do not even realize what your LS can do until you try it. I strongly encourage guys who are looking for better handling get coils as a first priority. I know it is not cheap, but it is worth every penny and more.
Old 07-17-03, 11:29 AM
dunn378
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yo Retro i sent you a pm. get back to me!!!
Old 07-19-03, 05:46 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

No love for review threads on here. I should probably keep the new exhaust setup to myself then.
Old 08-26-03, 01:49 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the review
these will be the first mod on my LS along with rims/tires
cheers!
Old 08-26-03, 08:45 PM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Retro! It's good to hear about these new products. You know I never thought about lowering my car, but there are some good reasons for doing so. I would definitely like to improve the handling on my LS. Once I have some spare change I'm going to pick up some JIC's. It looks like the coilover is the way to go.
Old 08-31-03, 03:46 PM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

same here, the only reason I really didnt post anything up after you is because i have no cash right now to buy my own set

So reading is the only thing i can do until i am ready to purchase a set of my own.
Old 09-21-03, 05:37 AM
Wide LS
Lead Lap

Default Re: New Coilovers

How much are they?

Originally posted by retrodrive
FLT - A2 have been released by JIC Japan 1.5 month ago and JIC USA got them in last Sunday. The head of JIC in US just saw them first time in his life as we opened the box. So looks like I am the owner of the ONLY set of these coilovers for any car in US

Now that I am done showing off; they are avaliable for the first gen LS since my car was used for fitment and I am currently have them on. Before I had the SF1 soilovers which I absolutely loved. The ride was very smooth, a lot less bumpy and the body roll was reduced drastically. I could pretty much do anything I wanted on a freeway including sharp change of 5 lanes at 100mph without loosing control. I als could take exits at about 45mph but I was not completely trusting myself and my car doing thast.
I have had the new setup for a day now and although it is tuned to be a little stiffer then my SF1's, I like it more. It can do what SF1 could not. For example, the control over the car have increased dramatically. I can precisely control any drift on sharp turns. I can take a freeway exit at 60mph sliding sideways and still retaining full controll over the direction that the car is going. when I did that today on one of the exits I always test my car on (25mph limit) and my jaw simply dropped after i came out of that turn in good shape.

Final thought. Coilover setup is an amazing thing. You do not even realize what your LS can do until you try it. I strongly encourage guys who are looking for better handling get coils as a first priority. I know it is not cheap, but it is worth every penny and more.
Old 09-21-03, 01:57 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

1900+ retail I think.
Old 09-21-03, 02:07 PM
Wide LS
Lead Lap

For that I'll get Air Bags for about $2,200
Old 10-06-03, 06:35 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default jic flt A2

retrodrive thanks for the great review. thanks to manaray for all his help too. got mine ordered today and should have them on on friday. getting them through steve ganz at carson toyota. steve is the man.
Old 10-07-03, 07:32 AM
Rhabryn
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately, I called and JIC says they canceled the SF-1 and SA-1s for first gens. that really bugs me. they should at least try to cater to us broke SOBs oh, ill send you a pm later retro.
Old 10-07-03, 10:07 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

That means that you can get them for a lot cheaper now. Discontinued = blowout prices.
Old 10-07-03, 10:53 AM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

Discontinued

Does TEIN make a coilover for the 1st Gens? I really like thier EDFC unit, that way we can adjust the dampening of the shocks from inside the cabin.

Im going to email them and find out.
Old 10-07-03, 05:21 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by Pagong
Discontinued

Does TEIN make a coilover for the 1st Gens? I really like thier EDFC unit, that way we can adjust the dampening of the shocks from inside the cabin.

Im going to email them and find out.
I don't think TEIN has any product for UCF10/11
Old 10-08-03, 12:00 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Lonely Toothbrush
I don't think TEIN has any product for UCF10/11
Teins Discontinued long time ago.

Quick Reply: New Coilovers