LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Answer Back System/key Hole Covers

Old 06-05-03, 05:19 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Answer Back System/key Hole Covers

The only thing wrong with my key button to unlock the car or lock it was if I was locking it...........I always made sure it locked by lifting up on the door handle to make sure it was locked. So I got the answer back system installed so my car lights flash and the thing beeps for me. I got this about 6 months ago. Since i cant read japanese all I knew was that I can turn off the beep and how many beeps I wanted it to beep and I can set it. example 2 beeps unlocks and 3 beeps lock.

Today after I unlocked my car a friend was talking to me....... a couple of minutes later my car beeps/lights flash and locks its self back. I didnt know this had that. I never checked cause normally when i unlock the car I jump right in. My toyota fun cargo 4 x 4 has this but I thought it was for newer models only. Before I got this system I hated having a bunch of things in my hands and when i thought my car unlocked using the key button it was still locked. This is good for the older model cars that dont come with this installed.

Last year I got these little covers that go over the key hole on the trunk & doors. They are black and say VIP.
Anyways I never really used the key to lock or unlock the doors. I just used the button on the key to do that for me. So I put them on the key holes. One needs to be careful when washing the car so that they dont fall off. they look okay made of plastic with some glue on the back so that they will stick.

Data systems makes the most popular one call back system but I got one my friend said was better. Not sure if its better but does work good for me. its called Savior made by world auto planning co.
Old 06-05-03, 06:06 AM
LSPiNoY
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thats pretty nifty

we'll probably get that 5 years from now