LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Got my '03 LS 430

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-03, 05:34 PM
Phil
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my '03 LS 430

FINALLY - I have the car of my dreams, again. I had a 1990 LS 400 and kept it for 5 years. Last year bought a '02 LX470, which couldn't pass a gas station. Wasn't all the comfortable. So, took it in the shorts, traded it for a notch below the Ultra Luxury and couldn't be more pleased. Wife is too.

It is white, with the light tan interior, and "gray wood" which I really didn't like, but it grows on you.. What a quality piece of work this car is!!! I will never not have a Lexus again, promise. I am 61, so don't know how many I can go through. This one might last a long time.

I have alread applied the entire Zaino wax process on it, including the ZFX Flash product they just came out with. If you have never used Zaino Bros products - you won't believe how great your car will look (ZAINOBROS.COM). No, I am not a distributor. Just a dam good prodcut. My Lexus will always look good crusing down the road and I hope you all feel the same as me. Be proud of your ride. A friendly wave goes to all proud Lexus owners.

Phil, Grants Pass, OR

Last edited by Phil; 03-23-03 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-16-03, 05:57 PM
spxChrome
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's see some pictures
Old 03-16-03, 06:14 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts
Thumbs up

Congrats !!

I sure hope you will enjoy your new car.

BTW, I think they need your help to vote in the Voting Booth forum below in the "How old are you ? " thread.
Old 03-16-03, 07:32 PM
Phil
Driver

Originally posted by ltauamkau
Congrats !!

I sure hope you will enjoy your new car.

BTW, I think they need your help to vote in the Voting Booth forum below in the "How old are you ? " thread.
I did so, unshamedbly..............
Old 03-16-03, 07:42 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Very Nice! Congrats!

-Anthony
Old 03-16-03, 08:02 PM
Phil
Driver

Originally posted by spxChrome
Let's see some pictures
OK, WILL KNOCK OUT A COUPLE OF PIC'S IF I COULD FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT. I DO HAVE DIGITAL CAM, BUT NOT SURE HOW TO PUT ON LINE. A LITTLE HELP OUT THERE? THANKS....

Last edited by Phil; 03-16-03 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-23-03, 11:46 AM
kobiashi
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on the 430. I just got mine about a month ago. Love it. I too had a 90 LS 400 prior to this.
As for Zanio Brothers, a lot of guys on the Lightning form I frequent swear by Zanio Brothers athough having to do the 9 differnt or so applications seems a bit much for me. Others reccomend Liquid Glass which is a one on - one off application rather than all the different levels of Zanio. Others love Cherry Wet Wax. Whatever works best for you and as long as it looks good! I've seen pics of cars that used Zanio and I must say the mirror finish is really something! And...the more layers the deeper and nicer it looks.

As for posting pics...sign on for ImageStation and link to pics from there. When I get back later this afternoon I can leave detailed instructions on how to link to pics if anyone is interested...

in the meantime....here's my new baby...

k

Last edited by kobiashi; 03-23-03 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-23-03, 11:59 AM
Phil
Driver

Default Image Instructions

I would appreciate an e-mail from you, if possible, on how to link up to send an image. Would be great if you could do it. veecap@charter.net Phil
Old 03-23-03, 12:43 PM
spxChrome
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phil,

When you post a reply or start a new thread look below the message you will see a browse button. Use this to locate the picture on your computer. Remember max size is 102KB.

Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails Got my '03 LS 430-upload.gif  
Old 03-23-03, 01:27 PM
kobiashi
Driver School Candidate

Yes...the preprovided Attach file is nice

If you want to get around the 104K limit ...the following applies:

(Yeah, it's daunting and looks complicated but once you do it it's easy)

First, take pics of the car  Then xfer them to your computer either in you “My Pictures folder or wherever you want…
Go to imagestation.com
Create an account with image station: (it’s free)
After you’ve set up an account, create an album
After that click on “My ImageStation”
A page will open up that will show your album. Somewhere on there you’ll see “upload images” click on that.
A page will open that will say “Select Image Files” the default screen shows 3 images to upload. For our purposes we’ll start with one. Below “Select image files” you will see “Number of images you want to upload (1-36)” with a pulldown menu next to that. Click on the pull down menu and select “one”, then click on the “Browse” button.
A window will open that says “File Upload” Let’s say you saved the pic of the car in your “My Pictures” folder, call up the my pictures folder, click once on the icon of the picture you saved, then click on “open”
The location will show in the field next to the browse button.
Below this field is a blue button that says “Upload Images” click on that.
A small window will open that says “Imagestation is uploading your images. Please wait”
Wait
When it is done you will see an Upload Confirmation window and a thumbnail of the image you loaded.
Just above that you will see “My ImageStation” in white letters…click on that.
You will then see a page that will have a little picture of the ALBUM you created earlier. Click on that album…
A new page opens. Look around and find the blue button that says “Add Images/Video”
Click on that button. You will then see a thumbnail picture of the pic you just uploaded. Below it it will say “Add this image” Click on that.
To the right will appear a picture of the image and a button that says “Cancel” and a button that says “Continue” click the “Continue” button.
You will be taken back to the Album Cover page. Toward the top you will see three orange buttons (send ecard, order prints, create gifts) and just below those you will see a pulldown menu that says “Album Cover” Click on the pulldown menu button and a menu will drop down…scroll to the picture name you just uploaded…
Your picture will appear….
Now, click once ON THE PICTURE itself. A new window will open up with only the picture and not any of the imagestation site crap around it.
Look up at the address in the browser window and left click on the address to highlight it, then right click and select “copy”.
Close the browser window, then select “sign out” on the image station page.
Open up the Lexus Club forum.
Start a new thread. Just underneath “Message Icon” you will see “vB Code”
Click on the “IMG” button.
A little window will open that sez “enter the text to be formatted”
Right click in the field and choose “paste”
NOW…this is important….
At the end of the address you just pasted you will see it sez jpg.orig.jpg

Use the backspace button to get rid of the “.orig.jpg” so that the last thing on the there is “jpg” with NO PERIOD AFTER IT.
Then…check the front of the address and make sure the http:// is not repeated twice…if it is delete one of them….
Then click “ok”
Then click on “submit new thread” and you are done.

k

Last edited by kobiashi; 03-23-03 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-23-03, 03:07 PM
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Got my '03 LS 430

Originally posted by Phil
FINALLY - I have the car of my dreams, again. I had a 1990 LS 400 and kept it for 5 years. Last year bought a '02 LX470, which couldn't pass a gas station. Wasn't all the comfortable. So, took it in the shorts, traded it for a notch below the Ultra Luxury and couldn't be more pleased. Wife is too.

It is white, with the light tan interior, and "gray wood" which I really didn't like, but it grows on you.. What a quality piece of work this car is!!! I will never not have a Lexus again, promise. I am 61, so don't know how many I can go through. This one might last a long time.

I have alread applied the entire Zaino wax process on it, including the ZFX Flash product they just came out with. If you have never used Zaino Bros products - you won't believe how great your car will look (ZAINOBROS.COM). No, I am not a distributor. Just a dam good prodcut. My Lexus will always look good crusing down the road and I hope you all feel the same as me. Be proud of your ride. A friendly wave goes to all proud Lexus owners.

Phil, Grants Pass, OR
Congrats! My first Lexus was a 93 LS400. I bought it with 50K Miles on it and traded in 50K later without a single problem, just regular maintenance. 93 LS is much slower compared to your new LS430 with 300HP. Enjoy your new toy