LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

PLEASE HELP--fog lights and driver seat--

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-15, 06:36 AM
CSTU93
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation PLEASE HELP--fog lights and driver seat--

Good Morning,

I hope you all are well. I did a search for the fog light issue but the majority of results were upgrading to HID and so on. If you know of a thread off hand, please just share it with me. I'm a bit bummed on the whole situation...

I went out to the car and checked the fuse under the dash.. perfect. I checked both fog lights, they were indeed still connected. (HOWEVER, THERE WAS A TON OF BLACK **** ON THE CONNECTORS? NOT REALLY MECHANICALLY INCLINED NOR DO I KNOW ANYTHING BOUT THIS.. MAYBE ITS NORMAL) I also found some folded paper and a nut of some sort jammed under the pass headlight. My only thought is this was the "FIX" a small shop did in Morganton, NC. Oh well nothing can be done about that... I just throw it all out.

How do I access the actual bulb in the fog light housing? I tried prying the glass apart from the plastic but it didnt budge and I dont want to destroy anything...

The passenger side fog light def makes a little bit of noise when I shook it but the driver side was solid.... Neither fog works but fuse seems to be fine. I remember a few years back maybe 2010.. the driver side worked fine but sometimes you had to give the pass side a few taps for it to come on.

Next issue, the drivers seat had the "only one side reclining" problem... after a few beers I went out, got in the back seat and gave it a nice push. (LAST NIGHT) Needless to say, that part is now back in the correct place.

The problem is the seat has now power... the only part that has any movement is the lumbar support... the seat is VERY close to the steering wheel being my mom is only 5 ft 4... not a comfortable driving position especially with a previously broken back and several surgeries.

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Last edited by CSTU93; 02-18-15 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-18-15, 06:39 AM
CSTU93
Driver

By the way this is for a 1990 model
Old 02-18-15, 04:14 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

search harder, jk! here is how to remove the foglight.
http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/lighting/fogs.html

maybe the connector broke and the paper and nut is there to fix it. pretty ghetto but hey it works.
as for the seat, i'm afraid the motors are probably stuck or seized. do you hear the motor trying to spin when reclining? try helping it down?
Old 02-19-15, 01:06 AM
CSTU93
Driver

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
search harder, jk! here is how to remove the foglight.
http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/lighting/fogs.html

maybe the connector broke and the paper and nut is there to fix it. pretty ghetto but hey it works.
as for the seat, i'm afraid the motors are probably stuck or seized. do you hear the motor trying to spin when reclining? try helping it down?
Thank you! The only movement in the entire seat is the lumbar support. The seat back is fine now that it is straight but the main problem is the seat bottom being so close to the steering wheel. I will try to mess around with it when I have more time. Thanks again for your help!