LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Blitz Access ECU

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-15, 09:23 PM
lexmoose
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blitz Access ECU

Curious to know if anyone have some documentation on those. I've got one and I'm wondering what it actually do and if they all behave the same or each brand/model have different options.
Old 02-02-15, 06:39 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

what do you have exactly? They are model year dependent (as well as market dependent). They were essentially modified ECUs with small piggybacks added inside them, as nobody was able to crack toyota's ECU encryption. More than just a reflash, they are modified ECUs.

Definitely not common, not necessarily great, but can possibly make power.

What other questions do you have?
Old 02-02-15, 06:53 PM
lexmoose
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
what do you have exactly? They are model year dependent (as well as market dependent). They were essentially modified ECUs with small piggybacks added inside them, as nobody was able to crack toyota's ECU encryption. More than just a reflash, they are modified ECUs.

Definitely not common, not necessarily great, but can possibly make power.

What other questions do you have?
This is what I have

Wondering what does this ECU unlock other than a different tune (ex.: rev limiter)
Old 02-03-15, 12:53 AM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Contact Blitz... That's about the only way you are even going to get a straight answer.
Old 02-03-15, 02:34 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

they probably just replaced the capacitors and tagged it blitz !

jk, but i do want to know what it changes so please let us know what you find.
Old 02-04-15, 09:35 AM
lexmoose
Pole Position

Nope Caps are all originals... Well they won't be for long... got my Digikey order this morning. Caps are shot IMO since after testing the ECU I've got most of the symptoms listed in the failing ECU thread. One thing that bother me is that the rev-limiter is not raised, that was the main reason I wanted this ECU. Will see if the caps help.

Here's what I could find so far on the web

https://web.archive.org/web/20000407....uk/access.htm

But nothing specific to my exact model, sent an email to Blitz, but not sure Ill get an answer since they stopped selling those ECU 10 years ago.

Last edited by lexmoose; 02-04-15 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-04-15, 12:13 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

there is probably a physical reason why they didn't raise the rev-limiter, or they assumed the valve train on these motors were hardly upgraded to warrant higher revs.

most likely the fuel maps were made more aggressive as well as timing. nothing overly drastic as PD pointed out.
Old 02-05-15, 08:58 AM
lexmoose
Pole Position

Here's the anwser I got back from Blitz

Dear Louis,

Thank you for your enquiry.
We don’t have any more information about the computer
because it’s been discontinued almost 10 years now.

Sorry we cannot help you this time.

Thank you and best regards,

Anyways, fresh new set of caps installed.

Here's what happen when I start the car.(I turned off the ECT while filming)

OBD2 is not communicating, but since it's from a 94 Celsior there's was no OBD2 back then IIRC

Now first drive, the car run smooth and shift properly, but is different than my 96 ECU. If I put it in 2nd, it will start in second (great in winter) and the gear changes are not happening at the same time. Speedo is now off by 10km/h.

Power wise it's hard to test since all the road are covered in ice/snow, rev-limiter is still around 6200RPM.

Stopped for a coffee, when I started the car again it was idling very low (~350-400), put it in drive and it started on the 2nd gear and ECT light started to flash. First red light, the car stalled, try to start it but as soon as the transmission engaged the car was fighting to stay alive with some scary surge. After a few attempts the car wouldn't move, as soon the gas pedal was touch the car stalled. I removed the key from the ignition wait 5 sec and try it again, everything is back to normal...

So now I believe that this ECU is just not compatible with my car, unless the 2 other caps on the Blitz board are shoot, but the previous owner told me it was working flawlessly in his 94 Celsior(ucf20) when he removed it.

Here's a gut shoot
Blitz Access ECU-blitz-ecu-internals-large-.jpg

Now since I'm not sure this thing really work, I don't want to sell it, BUT I'm willing to send it to another CL member who got an UCF20 Celsior to test it and maybe review it if working properly.

Anyone interested? Shoot me a PM for more details.
Old 02-05-15, 08:05 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

likely an LS vs. celsior issue.

they are model dependant, only really useful for someone with a jdm market celsior o that year.