LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

ucf10 body kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-12, 12:23 PM
ca18det
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ucf10 body kit

ok sorry for another thread. i am wanting to change out the factory bumpers and make it look alittle more new.

i'm really digging the way this kit looks. i understand this is a replica:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-LS-400...31cbf5&vxp=mtr

does anyone have experience with how it fits or better yet who is the orginal maker so i can order the real version. thanks
Old 03-22-12, 02:27 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

no idea who the original maker for that kit is, but i know for a fact that duraflex has copied both Wald and Insurance/Evolution in the past (and still do).

duraflex kits usually require a lot of bodywork to be installed properly, may want to get an estimate from your shop as often the price of the labor makes up for the price of the kit, and you end up having been better off buying authentic.
Old 03-23-12, 04:49 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

when things dont line up u will be sorry..better listen to pure on this one,ive been here awhile and have heard horror stories regarding cheap kits..besides adding kits only creates other issues like scraping and most dont look that good to tell u the truth
Old 03-23-12, 04:56 AM
ca18det
Rookie

If you saw my post I have no problem buying the real version of I knew who the maker was!

Also o am against this hellaflush stance bull****. My wheels don't need to look like this / \ I prefer my car not to look broken so slightly lowered with nice rims will do just fine.
Old 03-23-12, 10:34 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forget about all of the non believers.. if you buy this kit from us directly and you experience major issues I will make sure that we either exchange the part(s) out for you, give you partial credit or give you a 100% refund. We stand by our products 100% and we guarantee 100% customer satisfaction!
Old 03-23-12, 01:23 PM
bauceLS400
Driver

The kit looks really aggressive. Nothing i have ever seen before. I really like it.
Old 03-23-12, 01:51 PM
ca18det
Rookie

After speaking to extreme demension I will be placing my order next week for this kit. I'll do a full review on it and quality/fitment when I get it installed. Now just need to find a good body shop that I can trust to install and repaint my entire car.

Since my car is white pearl either going to go starfire or crystal Lexus white or lambo balloon white and also get rid of the two tone so its solid white!
Old 03-23-12, 01:53 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ca18det
After speaking to extreme demension I will be placing my order next week for this kit. I'll do a full review on it and quality/fitment when I get it installed. Now just need to find a good body shop that I can trust to install and repaint my entire car.

Since my car is white pearl either going to go starfire or crystal Lexus white or lambo balloon white and also get rid of the two tone so its solid white!
I will make sure that if you run into any problems during the install that we take care of you right away! I look forward to speaking to you next week!
Old 03-23-12, 01:56 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

ED is a company out to sell a product, and are well within their right to defend it. But why don't you google people's reviews and see exactly he kind of fitment their parts really get. hell, why don't you search here and see what kind of fitment lexus owners got.

what's the point of asking us for advice if you're just going to ignore it?
Old 03-23-12, 02:02 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
ED is a company out to sell a product, and are well within their right to defend it. But why don't you google people's reviews and see exactly he kind of fitment their parts really get. hell, why don't you search here and see what kind of fitment lexus owners got.

Asking for advice doesn't necessarily mean the person has to listen.. he's voiced his concerns about our products to me as well and I have reassured him that if he runs into any problems we will figure out a solution to make him happy, whether its an exchange, partial credit or full refund. Also, how many times does a person post on the forums when his/her kit fits GREAT versus it not fitting at all? Typically when a kit doesn't fit people post it on the forums immediately to try to ruin the company, it's the sad truth whether you believe it or not. This is why we are on 50+ forums, we care about our customers and we care about what they say. So we do our best to track down the unhappy customers that have bought from us directly, rather then a middle man.

ClubLexus has so many different sections based on the model of your car, I've defended our company in a few, especially the SC forums, so you don't even have to go far to search.
Old 03-23-12, 02:11 PM
ca18det
Rookie

This wouldn't be my first time buying a replica kit. I asked if anyone had experience with this specific kit. No one has. I don't care about fitment for any other car except my ls. Any fiberglass kit will require work. I've had authentic kits on some of my other cars that for like ****. Just because its name brand and $$$$ doesn't mean perfect. Everything is a gamble. I'm will take take a gamble on a kit that's under 800 its not much money
Old 03-23-12, 02:13 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
Asking for advice doesn't necessarily mean the person has to listen.. he's voiced his concerns about our products to me as well and I have reassured him that if he runs into any problems we will figure out a solution to make him happy, whether its an exchange, partial credit or full refund. Also, how many times does a person post on the forums when his/her kit fits GREAT versus it not fitting at all? Typically when a kit doesn't fit people post it on the forums immediately to try to ruin the company, it's the sad truth whether you believe it or not. This is why we are on 50+ forums, we care about our customers and we care about what they say. So we do our best to track down the unhappy customers that have bought from us directly, rather then a middle man.

ClubLexus has so many different sections based on the model of your car, I've defended our company in a few, especially the SC forums, so you don't even have to go far to search.
I respect that you're reaching out to customers and admit that I havent personally seen many of your kits made in the past year and a half or two but unless there was a substantial quality increase my warnings stand.

It's not a question of a kit not fitting "at all" but rather of the quality of the fit, which i'm sure you're familiar with. All kits require some level of fitting but pretty much all the duraflex kits i've seen in the past required substantially more work than the comparable authentic kits.

For the sake of keeping this thread on topic, i'm not even going to get into the question of making reproduction parts...

Originally Posted by ca18det
This wouldn't be my first time buying a replica kit. I asked if anyone had experience with this specific kit. No one has. I don't care about fitment for any other car except my ls. Any fiberglass kit will require work. I've had authentic kits on some of my other cars that for like ****. Just because its name brand and $$$$ doesn't mean perfect. Everything is a gamble. I'm will take take a gamble on a kit that's under 800 its not much money
So I guess we will await your results.
Old 03-23-12, 02:26 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

I respect that you're reaching out to customers and admit that I havent personally seen many of your kits made in the past year and a half or two but unless there was a substantial quality increase my warnings stand.

It's not a question of a kit not fitting "at all" but rather of the quality of the fit, which i'm sure you're familiar with. All kits require some level of fitting but pretty much all the duraflex kits i've seen in the past required substantially more work than the comparable authentic kits.

For the sake of keeping this thread on topic, i'm not even going to get into the question of making reproduction parts...

So I guess we will await your results.
Well I am sure that once these parts are impossible to find someone will be happy that certain styles are still around. But I agree with you on some points that can be made in the reproduction process, either way no one is holding a gun to anyones head saying they have to purchase from us. People can support whichever company they wish.. the power of a free market.
Old 03-23-12, 02:37 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
Well I am sure that once these parts are impossible to find someone will be happy that certain styles are still around. But I agree with you on some points that can be made in the reproduction process, either way no one is holding a gun to anyones head saying they have to purchase from us. People can support whichever company they wish.. the power of a free market.
nothing you said had to do with the fit or quality of the kit.....or quality improving.
I recall hearing that you guys use multiple overseas plants to produce your kits, which is why the fit is so across the board. Is there any truth to that? Your site says that you don't guarantee fitment but can claim unsatisfaction as a warranty issue? how does that work in terms of shipping charges?

Repping parts that aren't in production is one thing, and somewhat legitimate. But ED reps parts that are still in production as far as i can see.
Old 03-23-12, 02:41 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

nothing you said had to do with the fit or quality of the kit.....or quality improving.
I recall hearing that you guys use multiple overseas plants to produce your kits, which is why the fit is so across the board. Is there any truth to that? Your site says that you don't guarantee fitment but can claim unsatisfaction as a warranty issue? how does that work in terms of shipping charges?

Repping parts that aren't in production is one thing, and somewhat legitimate. But ED reps parts that are still in production as far as i can see.
I don't see why I have to keep repeating the fact that if the customer feels like they've received a defective part or in layman's term a part that does not fit properly they will be given a few options on what they'd like to do with the part(s). We have a couple of manufacturing facilities overseas, so that sometimes make a difference too. As far as quality of improving, maybe your in need of searching this forum to see the test fit picturse I've done for certain cars. Here's some guidance: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ebody-kit.html

Quick Reply: ucf10 body kit