Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A/C blower motor and no power

Old 07-12-14, 09:22 PM   #1
sancarlos1
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default A/C blower motor and no power

I just purchased a 93 LS100 with 110,000 miles for $690.00 at an auction. It ran but had no power and the A/C blower motor would not operate at any selected speed. Used this and other sites to try and diagnose the problems. No power was easy to fix the left bank coil wire was frayed causing engine to run on four cyls. replaced the coil wire and woke it up runs great. A/C was more difficult to fix, A/c was working just not blowing, checked the fuse in drivers footwell, was OK, dropped the right side dash checked the blower motor by disconnecting the two wires that power the motor and jumping from a 12v source blower motor worked OK, replaced the relay attached to the blower housing and the resistor with junk yard spares, still did not work. I checked every fuse and found no bad ones. owners manual states that the circuit breakers in the drivers foot well should be reset if the a/c doesn't work so i reset them, no help. I replaced the heater relay under the hood and that fixed it. Should have checked the easy stuff first, problem is i read a couple of posts that stated relays almost never fail. I guess I am the exception makes the rule.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
sancarlos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-14, 09:22 PM