LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Feedback on ls400s I am looking at (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-14, 07:10 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LScowboyLS
95-97 is a better car overall than 90-94

but for me, interior and exterior condition and accident free history are above all else

mileage and year model are less important
I completely agree I'm open for both models 90-94 and 95-97 but it seems like its easier to find a clean ucf10 in my price then a 95-97 also like I said I think the 90-94 look wayyyy better but that's my opinion. I Found a clean 90 ls400 at least it looks clean. Good autocheck report and on lexus website it has been dealer maintained up until 2011 at 150k. The starter was also replaced by dealer ship which is a plus. There's no number so I'm waiting for the reply back. I like the color to.
Old 02-16-14, 07:22 PM
LScowboyLS
Lexus Champion

Received 81 Likes on 39 Posts

like I said before, a clear pic of the driver's seat + the autocheck report will tell me 90% of what I need to know before I even see the car!
Old 02-17-14, 12:11 AM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

like I said before, a clear pic of the driver's seat + the autocheck report will tell me 90% of what I need to know before I even see the car!
heres another one i hope to check out tomorrow since theres no phone number im hoping for a email back by the morning.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...335652738.html
they dont show the seats but heres the autocheck report this car has also been dealer maintained until 2011 nd 170k which means someone really did take good care of it. at least how i see it am i right? i mean its a 20 year old car not worth much but its being taken to the dealer who overcharges like crazy. I have no clue about when the belt was last changed but ill see after I talk to them. If everything's in perfect condition other then the 3 things he listed which arent major. The most ill pay for the car is 1700 or walk away. lets say the seat arent torn theres tutorials about how to fix the seat reclining issue and the speedo issue(i have to see both first to make sure there the same issue, the seat reclining might just be a fuse??) but the cars been obviously well maintained over the years ive included the last page of the maintenance to. if i got it for 1700 would it be a good deal? the car also has a aftermarket head unit which really doesnt bother me it saves me money since i wouldve installed one my self and also the car has been all over the country if it has no rust is that a issue?
Attached Thumbnails Feedback on ls400s I am looking at (merged threads)-1990ls400-autocheck-report-page-1.png   Feedback on ls400s I am looking at (merged threads)-1990ls400-ac-p2.png   Feedback on ls400s I am looking at (merged threads)-1990ls400-mlh.png  
Old 02-17-14, 02:40 AM
LScowboyLS
Lexus Champion

that autocheck looks good!
Old 02-17-14, 08:46 AM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Yea I'm really hoping to check it out. Dealer maintain till 170k is a big plus. Shows they really cared for the car. The starter was also replaced by Lexus at 150k which is also a plus
Old 02-17-14, 12:46 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Well I just checked the car out. Speedo is inaccurate(maybe a sensor??) or just get a used or repair speedo. I needs new breakpads. And the passenger recline motor is fine the plasics are off and and little plastic **** is broken so it cant recline. other then that the body is super clean and its been in teh guys family since forever. his step dad was the original owner. I can get the car for 1600. My dad says he would skip it but the interior is in perfect condition the front seats dont even have a crack. oh and i would have to throw the rims and the tires since noone wants to buy such crap rims and tires. He says thats a minus. but who the hell buys 25 year old rims and tires either way? the car also has a head unit which is 100 dollars saved prolly even more i say 100 becuase i have a really cheap jvc i got for 40 with a best buy gft card which i can sell for 60 and then the harness and the plastic and all that is labor and money saved. overall i really like the car. if i got the car for 1600 with the issues i mentioned would that be good? i think i would have to throw another 500-600 for the issues it has but there nothing major. other then the brake pads which i would replace right away
Old 02-17-14, 02:02 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

i made an offer for 1650. he said if thats the highest offer until the weekend its mine. i dont have the cash on hand becuase its at a bank that has no branches here so im transerfing to my other bank account. so itll take a few days till the money comes. no worries though once i get the money ill keep bugging him. and its better who knows something better might come up
Old 02-17-14, 09:31 PM
LScowboyLS
Lexus Champion

that car sounds like a steal, I would actually give up to $2000 for this car if it is how you describe, I would give the seller his full price, don't look a gift horse in mouth or someone else will buy this good one and you will be back looking at the crappy ones for a few weeks more.
Old 02-17-14, 09:37 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

that car sounds like a steal, I would actually give up to $2000 for this car if it is how you describe, I would give the seller his full price, don't look a gift horse in mouth or someone else will buy this good one and you will be back looking at the crappy ones for a few weeks more.
Well he said if he has a higher offer hell call me and let me know I'll go 1800 for it
Old 02-17-14, 09:48 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My guess is he'll come back saying he has a higher offer to get your price up.

Last edited by Shmee; 02-17-14 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-17-14, 10:10 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Shmee
My guess is he'll come back saying he has a higher offer to get your price up.
Right? exactly what I was thinking Well once I have my cash on hand ima call and say I have cash on hand right now. He told me he has a offer for 1600 and that I'm the highest now but its really easy to say he has a offer for 1800 or whatever. If he wants more then 1800 I'll pass maybe 1850 top. just becuase the tires are in bad shape. id have to throw money for tires but ill most likely look for temporary rims with tires already on them for cheap

Last edited by xxmariolxx; 02-17-14 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-17-14, 11:05 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just say you want to see it again before you agree to the price and then waggle the cash in his/her face.
Old 02-17-14, 11:09 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Shmee
Just say you want to see it again before you agree to the price and then waggle the cash in his/her face.
exactly what im going to do
Old 02-17-14, 11:31 PM
LScowboyLS
Lexus Champion

If what he is saying is true about the car's condition, and with that good of an auto-check, and your assessment of the condition, you better go get that car and pay whatever he wants up to to $2000 or so. - I am the first one to beat someone down on the price for a bargain, but you also have to know when to suck it up and pay the man and be the high bidder and end up with the great car - if you get too cocky, you will LOSE the great cars to someone like me!
Old 02-17-14, 11:42 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

If what he is saying is true about the car's condition, and with that good of an auto-check, and your assessment of the condition, you better go get that car and pay whatever he wants up to to $2000 or so. - I am the first one to beat someone down on the price for a bargain, but you also have to know when to suck it up and pay the man and be the high bidder and end up with the great car - if you get too cocky, you will LOSE the great cars to someone like me!
hmmm. ill talk to my dad nd say ppl on forums are saying for 2k its a steal ill offer 1650 cash next time i meet up if he says hell think ill do 1700 cash until i get the car.i really do want that car. but im all for bargaining. the condition really is good other then the breaks the speedo being inaccurate the recliner and the tires. im gonna do all the work my self so around 300 into the car without the tires will go in it to make it pristine condition. Im 17 even though the moneys mine my dad has a word in it. if he doesnt want me to buy it he wont let me and it has to be under his name until we transfer it to mine(in 3 weeks) i just dont wanna turn 18 and still not have a car. If i have to i will but this cars in great shape so no reason to pass on it. my dad says hell pass. but hes used to buying brand new cars he doesnt understand every 20+ year old car will have minor issues.
Im gonna go see the car again once i have the cash on hand so we don't have to talk about down payments just cash in hand.

Quick Reply: Feedback on ls400s I am looking at (merged threads)