LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

LOVE/Hate this Website!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-14, 06:28 PM
SammyRed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOVE/Hate this Website!?

PLEASE don't get me wrong... I've spent hundreds of hours researching/finding info about my 94 LS400. Saved thousands in parts and labor fixing issues. Only owned this car for 3 months now. But the in-house search engine has done me little good. How many times I've read a great thread on a fix or mod and come back later to search for more details and search with no luck. It kills me to start a new thread asking about an old thread I previously read. But I've done it too many times. I am still new to this website... maybe what I need is a lesson in using/help with the search engine. Trying now to find thread about interior LED replacement... I know I've already read this once before.

Pain in the ***,
Sammy
Old 02-03-14, 07:41 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SammyRed
PLEASE don't get me wrong... I've spent hundreds of hours researching/finding info about my 94 LS400. Saved thousands in parts and labor fixing issues. Only owned this car for 3 months now. But the in-house search engine has done me little good. How many times I've read a great thread on a fix or mod and come back later to search for more details and search with no luck. It kills me to start a new thread asking about an old thread I previously read. But I've done it too many times. I am still new to this website... maybe what I need is a lesson in using/help with the search engine. Trying now to find thread about interior LED replacement... I know I've already read this once before.

Pain in the ***,
Sammy
I feel your pain, don't worry. It's not really the search engine's fault, but the way you need to use it (not calling you out). You basically have to remember the name of the thread, to a degree, to find stuff. Alternatively, you can look at the FAQ for your model and work from there, or do a Google search and check out the ClubLexus-specific stuff.
Old 02-03-14, 08:03 PM
dengman
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

use the advanced search and search the ls400 forum specifically and make sure you use more keywords of the subject your searching for. if you just use one word its going to pop up what ever it finds with that one word. But the FAQ tends to answer alot of stuff.
Old 02-03-14, 08:19 PM
SammyRed
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks scOpe

Don't worry scOpe. I'm not at all worried! You can call me out anytime... I appreciate ALL the words/advice given on this website... just a little frustrated at the moment. I've found that the most effective search I can do (as you suggested) is with google and referring back to clublexus.com threads. Did a little checking with model FAQ... good links that will help me in the future, but still didn't answer the immediate question.

Opening a second Budweiser, deep breathes, I WILL LEARN N FIGURE OUT ALL THIS SITE HAS TO OFFER!!!

Sam
Old 02-03-14, 08:22 PM
SammyRed
Driver School Candidate

Default Dengman

Thanks... going to try the advanced search now!

Sam
Old 02-03-14, 08:28 PM
sshhlexus
Rookie

Hi All. Using the method suggested by 'dengman' When you get the results from the advanced search, on the right hand side, it says the source forum. Pick the topic from the choices, such as 'LS400'.
Old 02-03-14, 08:34 PM
qha_vn
Pole Position

Google has no rival at this moment. i would rather use it by keyword like "clublexus.com: LS400 water sensor"

"clublexus.com:" will narrow down your results from this site.

however, I will create a new thread if i cant find the things I need. nothing wrong with it if I had really tried hard to find before asking for help. enjoy the forum.
Old 02-04-14, 10:46 AM
BeLSNow111
Rookie

https://encrypted.google.com/#q=Site%3Aclublexus.com