LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Lexus LS400 profiled as a drug dealer?

Old 10-13-13, 10:01 PM
TexFinn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm... Maybe I should get into the drug dealing business since I'm just a bald-ish old fart driving a non-tinted completely stock LS400. That way the cop would leave me alone.

I hear the pay is good...
Old 10-13-13, 11:47 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TexFinn
Hmmm... Maybe I should get into the drug dealing business since I'm just a bald-ish old fart driving a non-tinted completely stock LS400. That way the cop would leave me alone.

I hear the pay is good...

Too late.
Old 10-15-13, 03:50 PM
dengman
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was profiled in SC last week. I took the wrong exit off the interstate and was planning on turning around. One of my LED diodes (out of four) was out on the left plate light bulb. Fully visible 50ft away in a lit parking lot at applebees. Keep in mind I travel alot and I make sure my car is legal to drive. My tint is 35% and all my lights work. I check it frequently since I dont like getting pulled over for no reason.
My window was rolled down to about where my ear/eyebrow is at. Officer requested me to roll it down more. Rolled it to about 1" under half. Road was pitch black. I'm Asian. Got pulled over in the only state that has a Confederate flag flying at its capital. I was being cautious. After the threat of busting out my window I thought of all those youtube videos Ive watched lol. The officer took 2mins to exit his car which why I thought of recording it. He took his time leaving his finger prints on my trunk and inspecting my back seat making his way to my window.

This has been the first time I've been pulled over in about 6 years. I drove about 30k+ miles in the past 14months and I get pulled over for this. If I was going 10-20 over on the interstate and was pulled over I would have been completely nice. I knew I got profiled because I didnt do anything wrong and I used my turn signals since I exited the interstate.

I first of all gave him too much information. I shouldnt have gave him anything till he told me what I did wrong. My cousin did not have to produce her ID.

Watch the first 2 mintues. After that is just waiting and talking to my cousin and instagramming you wont be able to underconvo unless you speak Lao. I received a written warning which says I am White.
My plate light was on. I wasnt doing nothing wrong. I got profiled

Last edited by dengman; 10-15-13 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-15-13, 05:37 PM
Shmee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Lame man.
Some cops are dicks....
Old 10-15-13, 06:57 PM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 312 Likes on 269 Posts

Maybe you were profiled a tiny bit one reason is you're from out of state. But, when he came up to your slightly opened window, you were the one that started being an A$$ about everything. He doesn't want the window open just to get your paperwork, it needs to be fully open (for his safety) so if you pull a gun he can defend himself by reaching in to disarm you. Especially with 35% tint on a "pitch black road" where he can't see inside. And yes, by law, your cousin did need to show her proof of ID. (Again, for his safety) Most of his questions wouldn't have been asked if you just rolled your friggin window down when he asked you to.
He probably wrote down that you're white b/c you're not hispanic or black.
Another thing, What does the confederate flag at the capital have to do with you anyway? The "Southern Cross" is a battle flag, it has nothing to do with Asains. It hangs on a monument at the capital for all the dead confederate solders from the Civil War. It's just another piece of history that Obama wants to get rid of. WHY???
Old 10-15-13, 08:07 PM
Jeremiah87
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks man, but I think what got you was the out of state license plate. Peeps who are not from the area tend to get pulled over easier...and your license plate light being out (as petty as it is) gave the officer enough reason to stop/hassle you.

I have been pulled over before and I always roll my window all the way down since in California any darker than 70% front windows is illegal and last thing I want is to get popped for my tint. So I keep em down before the copper even reaches my window so he wont notice. I also take my keys and put them on the dashboard.

I can understand not rolling your window all the way though...I seen those "Flex your rights" videos on youtube and if the window is all the way down and the cop smells/sees something he can have probable cause to search your car. Since I have nothing to hide its no biggie with the exception of my self defense items in the front foot well. (golf club/maglite)

Last edited by Jeremiah87; 10-15-13 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-15-13, 11:13 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremiah87
That sucks man, but I think what got you was the out of state license plate. Peeps who are not from the area tend to get pulled over easier...and your license plate light being out (as petty as it is) gave the officer enough reason to stop/hassle you.

I have been pulled over before and I always roll my window all the way down since in California any darker than 70% front windows is illegal and last thing I want is to get popped for my tint. So I keep em down before the copper even reaches my window so he wont notice. I also take my keys and put them on the dashboard.

I can understand not rolling your window all the way though...I seen those "Flex your rights" videos on youtube and if the window is all the way down and the cop smells/sees something he can have probable cause to search your car. Since I have nothing to hide its no biggie with the exception of my self defense items in the front foot well. (golf club/maglite)
Do you keep the golf club along the door sills? (Can't really think of anyway how to fit one)
Old 10-16-13, 01:35 AM
sam12345
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't get it, if he is profiling he should leave you alone. Asians commit the least amount of crime of any ethnic group in the USA.
Old 10-16-13, 07:57 AM
Jeremiah87
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sc0pe
Do you keep the golf club along the door sills? (Can't really think of anyway how to fit one)
Originally Posted by sam12345
I don't get it, if he is profiling he should leave you alone. Asians commit the least amount of crime of any ethnic group in the USA.
1. I used to just keep it in the foot well (handle side up resting on the bench of the seat) but now I just keep it behind the driver/passenger seats on the floor. Still easily accessible and no longer in the way.

2. I assume since it was night time + windows tinted the popo had no idea.
Old 10-16-13, 12:32 PM
dengman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by deanshark
Maybe you were profiled a tiny bit one reason is you're from out of state. But, when he came up to your slightly opened window, you were the one that started being an A$$ about everything. He doesn't want the window open just to get your paperwork, it needs to be fully open (for his safety) so if you pull a gun he can defend himself by reaching in to disarm you. Especially with 35% tint on a "pitch black road" where he can't see inside. And yes, by law, your cousin did need to show her proof of ID. (Again, for his safety) Most of his questions wouldn't have been asked if you just rolled your friggin window down when he asked you to.
He probably wrote down that you're white b/c you're not hispanic or black.
Another thing, What does the confederate flag at the capital have to do with you anyway? The "Southern Cross" is a battle flag, it has nothing to do with Asains. It hangs on a monument at the capital for all the dead confederate solders from the Civil War. It's just another piece of history that Obama wants to get rid of. WHY???
Let me clear this up some. my drivers window isnt tinted. all my other windows are 35%. He saw perfectly inside with his flash light. I dont buy he needs the window down for his safety. I needed the window up so he cant reach in and pistol whip me for my safety reasons. For his safety reasons my cousin needed to produce ID? no the passenger doesnt need to produce anything unless I got a ticket or arrested. He asked questions to see if I would slur my words to see if I was drunk. I wouldnt of had a problem if he didnt threaten to break out the window. If he said "why not?" I would have responded "for my safety reasons." I looked at the officer probably 4 times. I didnt make eye contact with him the entire time. I did nothing wrong and he knew it.

I dont know if you guys know this but some folks in SC still call people in NC Yankees.
Racism still exists in America. I've been to small towns through out the south east and they stare. I trust no one.

Originally Posted by Jeremiah87

Ive been pulled over many times when I was younger. Now that I am older being pulled over for no reason nearly 30minutes is a waste of time and it gets me angry. If i was pulled over for speeding I would have owned up to it and been nice and tried to be on my way ASAP. Out of those nearly id say 20k miles Ive driven from Illinois to NC I've not been once pulled over. Ive seen at least 10 people following me or in the pack that get pulled over. I drive 5-20mph over the speed limit on the interstate. I am a very good driver. Nearly 13 years. I can drive a dually with a 14ft trailer with no problems.

Originally Posted by sam12345
I was profiled for driving a big body car with chrome wheels. Then the out of state plate gave him more reason to profile then he had nothing on me so he said the easiest thing. For safety reasons if i asked to check he would have declined.
Old 10-16-13, 01:09 PM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 312 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by dengman
Let me clear this up some. my drivers window isnt tinted. all my other windows are 35%. He saw perfectly inside with his flash light. I dont buy he needs the window down for his safety. I needed the window up so he cant reach in and pistol whip me for my safety reasons. For his safety reasons my cousin needed to produce ID? no the passenger doesnt need to produce anything unless I got a ticket or arrested. He asked questions to see if I would slur my words to see if I was drunk. I wouldnt of had a problem if he didnt threaten to break out the window. If he said "why not?" I would have responded "for my safety reasons." I looked at the officer probably 4 times. I didnt make eye contact with him the entire time. I did nothing wrong and he knew it.

I dont know if you guys know this but some folks in SC still call people in NC Yankees.
Racism still exists in America. I've been to small towns through out the south east and they stare. I trust no one.

Ive been pulled over many times when I was younger. Now that I am older being pulled over for no reason nearly 30minutes is a waste of time and it gets me angry. If i was pulled over for speeding I would have owned up to it and been nice and tried to be on my way ASAP. Out of those nearly id say 20k miles Ive driven from Illinois to NC I've not been once pulled over. Ive seen at least 10 people following me or in the pack that get pulled over. I drive 5-20mph over the speed limit on the interstate. I am a very good driver. Nearly 13 years. I can drive a dually with a 14ft trailer with no problems.
You'll realize this when you grow up but the cop has every right to ask whoever he wants to, to show ID. He also has the right to pull everyone out of the car and put them in cuffs (for HIS safety) while he is questioning you. And b/c you didn't make eye contact with him makes him think that you are hiding something. (like you're high or something) That gives him probable cause for anything right there. If you're gonna talk like you know the law, maybe you should actually know the law. You should feel lucky that it only took a half hour and you only got a warning. Every state has different laws. I used to get pulled over when I was young at least 3-4 times a month for doing stupid stuff. Always gave them an attitude until I realized if you just do what they ask (and dont be an A$$) everything goes alot smoother. I used to hate cops. (when I was breaking the law) Now, I admire someone who puts his, or her, life on the line to keep people they don't even know safe.
Old 10-16-13, 09:54 PM
dengman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by deanshark
You'll realize this when you grow up but the cop has every right to ask whoever he wants to, to show ID. He also has the right to pull everyone out of the car and put them in cuffs (for HIS safety) while he is questioning you. And b/c you didn't make eye contact with him makes him think that you are hiding something. (like you're high or something) That gives him probable cause for anything right there. If you're gonna talk like you know the law, maybe you should actually know the law. You should feel lucky that it only took a half hour and you only got a warning. Every state has different laws. I used to get pulled over when I was young at least 3-4 times a month for doing stupid stuff. Always gave them an attitude until I realized if you just do what they ask (and dont be an A$$) everything goes alot smoother. I used to hate cops. (when I was breaking the law) Now, I admire someone who puts his, or her, life on the line to keep people they don't even know safe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_an...80.9D_statutes

I'm not going to argue with what you have to say. I know my rights as a citizen. Things could have gone any direction. If he wanted to pull me out of the car and try to arrest me he would have had back up and I would have asked for a supervisor. Then if i felt I was mistreated really bad I would have file a complaint and there could have been a lawsuit. I know they are doing their job. He plain out profiled me thats why he got some tude. They are out there to protect and serve.