LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

No more SC hello LS...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-13, 11:25 PM
ItsMiles
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more SC hello LS...

Hey guys, haven't posted on the forum in a while.

I just recently sold my sc300

So I replaced it with a 99 LS400...

I'm really happy about this purchase... Past owner replaced timing belt, water pump, and alternator at 90k... Car only has 94k on it.. Clean car fax, clean title... I love it.

Future plans include: air bags, wheels, and possibly a lip kit...

Speaking of lip kits, has anyone here seen the front lips on eBay from advanced tuning?? Any thoughts?
Old 06-29-13, 11:32 PM
SynicalVip
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!! Wow nice pick up! The LS look great and well kept! And as for the lip kit, look below that is the one from eBay 😉

Old 06-29-13, 11:38 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Welcome to the LS side of the forums.
Old 06-29-13, 11:41 PM
ItsMiles
Driver

Originally Posted by SynicalVip
Welcome!! Wow nice pick up! The LS look great and well kept! And as for the lip kit, look below that is the one from eBay dde09
Thanks for the tip man... Any idea if we have to remove the stock lip to install that one?
Old 06-29-13, 11:43 PM
ItsMiles
Driver

Originally Posted by RA40
Welcome to the LS side of the forums.
Lol thanks
Old 06-29-13, 11:47 PM
SynicalVip
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ItsMiles
Thanks for the tip man... Any idea if we have to remove the stock lip to install that one?
Nope nothing need to be remove at all. Just go right over it, beside there is no stock lip that just how the bumper is lol. It does come with hardware and strip of 3m double sided tape
Old 06-29-13, 11:54 PM
ItsMiles
Driver

Nope nothing need to be remove at all. Just go right over it, beside there is no stock lip that just how the bumper is lol. It does come with hardware and strip of 3m double sided tape
Oh I see... I figured that's just how the bumper is when I took another look at it lol... We're you referring to dde09 as the seller of the lip on eBay?
Old 06-29-13, 11:57 PM
ItsMiles
Driver

And any cheap side skirts or rear lips anyone know of? I've been reading the forum about the wald lip kits and those other high end brands, but to be honest I'm not interested in fronting the money those are going for...
Old 06-30-13, 12:06 AM
SynicalVip
Lead Lap

Oh I see... I figured that's just how the bumper is when I took another look at it lol... We're you referring to dde09 as the seller of the lip on eBay?
No I wasn't referring to as the seller lol it was a smiley face thing on my phone lol disregard that. The seller is what you mention in your first post. That pic I showed you is my car and I order the lip from eBay from that seller. Of course it's it only come in black etc so I painted myself.
Old 06-30-13, 12:08 AM
SynicalVip
Lead Lap

And any cheap side skirts or rear lips anyone know of? I've been reading the forum about the wald lip kits and those other high end brands, but to be honest I'm not interested in fronting the money those are going for...

Same thought as me, I'm only rocking a front lip would love a full kit but don't want to fork out the money for that, rather use it on other things like bags or wheels etc first
Old 06-30-13, 12:20 AM
ItsMiles
Driver

Same thought as me, I'm only rocking a front lip would love a full kit but don't want to fork out the money for that, rather use it on other things like bags or wheels etc first
Exactly... I can really careless for the name brands.. Especially since this is a daily driver, the girlfriend borrows the car all the time, and my real project car is the one that gets spoiled...

How did you paint the lip yourself?
Old 06-30-13, 12:22 AM
ItsMiles
Driver

And I can't tell from the pic, but is your LS silver??
Old 06-30-13, 12:23 AM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome!! Wow nice pick up! The LS look great and well kept! And as for the lip kit, look below that is the one from eBay ��

Dear God that's clean .___. And check out Version:Select. They make some pretty snazzy lip and full kits for our cars and at a reasonable price as well. Also, 'grats on the purchase. That interior leather seems to have aged well.

Last edited by Sc0pe; 06-30-13 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06-30-13, 12:26 AM
ItsMiles
Driver

Originally Posted by Sc0pe

Dear God that's clean .___. And check out Version:Select. They make some pretty snazzy lip and full kits for our cars and at a reasonable price as well.
Thanks for the tip as well.. Just checked their site, but no prices...
Old 06-30-13, 12:35 AM
SynicalVip
Lead Lap

Exactly... I can really careless for the name brands.. Especially since this is a daily driver, the girlfriend borrows the car all the time, and my real project car is the one that gets spoiled...

How did you paint the lip yourself?
Agree, same with mine it's my daily as well and I scrape it everyday lol. For the paint I just went to napa paint store, give them my color code and they can either mix in spray can or as pint etc. I bought the spray can instead since it was just a front lip, it's about 21 bucks for a can, which is not bad I can retouch the scratch on the lip lol

And I can't tell from the pic, but is your LS silver??
It's the silver jade pearl

Originally Posted by Sc0pe
Dear God that's clean .___. And check out Version:Select. They make some pretty snazzy lip and full kits for our cars and at a reasonable price as well. Also, 'grats on the purchase. That interior leather seems to have aged well.
Thanks

Quick Reply: No more SC hello LS...