LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

JIC Magic Components POSSIBLE Group Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-03, 10:26 PM
TomWahjudi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb JIC Magic Components POSSIBLE Group Purchase

Tom, feel free to PM me and we can go through the details of how to set the group buy up (if you're still interested).

All,

I know that GP has to go through some moderators, but I'm just trying to gauge the interest in forming a possible group purchase. If this post still breaks the rule(s), please delete it.

The JIC Magic items will be purchased through a reputable vendor, the volume of the purchase will be used to get more discount. Apparently JIC Magic carries catback exhaust and coilover kits for LS400. There are two coilover kits:

1. SF-1. Non-adjustable dampers. I believe this is what retrodrive has. List price $1450.

2. SA-1. 5-position, adjustable dampers. List price $1700.

Construction is basically the same except the adjustability. Spring rates (stiffness) are 12kg/mm front and 9kg/mm rear. I have no idea what LS400 stock spring rates are. If anyone knew, please post so we all can see how much stiffer JIC springs are.

Now for the exhaust. There are two kinds, according to my source one is stainless steel and the other is titanium. I have no picture or anything that shows them, even on JIC USA website. These are:

1. Bullet Twin 505 ST. Supposedly titanium but don't quote me on this. List price $1480.

2. Bullet Twin 505 Sus. Stainless steel. List price $980.

The pipe diameter is 65mm (~2.56") with 100mm tip. Now, rather confusing data is displayed at JIC USA website. Those exhausts are for UCF10 but dated "'91-'96". Anyone can confirm if the exhausts on UCF10 and UCF20 are interchangable ? Part numbers might be different, but they might be interchangable.

Pricing will be determined by the amount of purchase, obviously he wouldn't sell those for list prices. Just for individual purchase he gave me these prices for the coilovers :

1. SF-1 $1350
2. SA-1 $1500

He didn't quote me on the exhaust catbacks. Now, he wants to try to get these prices lower especially with a larger GP. The GP will not be limited to only LS400 parts, but I want to keep the announcement within this club. But if there is anyone here wants JIC parts for other cars, s/he are welcome to join the GP. The GP will not be limited to exhaust and coilover, if you want JIC intake/STB, by all means go ahead.

For '98-current LS400 owners, I have no idea whether any of these parts will fit w/o mods. JIC Magic URL is http://www.jic-magic.com/products.html. Please check it out if you are wondering if there is anything there that will fit your car(s), I saw more parts for GS/IS/SC.

Now, if you are interested, please post a reply and please include:

1. Year of your car
2. Make of your car (if not Lexus)
3. Model
4. Part(s) you are interested in. Ex. SA-1 coilover

Please remember that by posting your interest, you are not obligated to buy anything. I just want to gauge the interest. Again, if this post broke any rule, please delete it and I apologize for doing this. Otherwise, let's see some hands !

TFW

Last edited by LS400; 01-02-03 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-02-03, 10:36 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default please read the announcements

Revised Group Buy Policy (12-10-02 until 01-10-03)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello fellow ClubLexus members,

After much deliberation, the ClubLexus staff has decided to only allow ClubLexus vendors to start/run group buys.

If you are interested in starting a group buy for a certain product, please contact the ClubLexus vendors in private.

They will post the group buy in the "Authorized ClubLexus Forum."

Thank you.