LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

AutoCouture's New LS Body Kits (LS430 & 400)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-01, 06:10 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's some eye candy for LS owners...

http://www.evolution.co.jp/autocoutu...30_31/main.htm
http://www.evolution.co.jp/exclusive/020celmc/main.htm
http://www.evolution.co.jp/exclusive/030cel/main.htm
Old 03-20-01, 04:23 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default any 90-94 or 95-97 bodykits?

cool manaray, but do you have any pictures of 90-94 and 95-97 LS 400's?
Old 03-20-01, 09:36 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default AutoCouture/Exclusive (Evolution) Body Kits for the older LS's...

Celsior UCF20/21 MC Before (aka: 95-97 LS400)

AutoCouture UCF20/21 MC Before

Exclusive - Euro Series - UCF20/21 MC Before

Exclusive - V1 Front - UCF20/21 MC Before

Exclusive - V1 Rear - UCF20/21 MC Before

Celsior UCF10/11 (aka: 90-94 LS400)
The ONLY kit that looks good for this car is Wald's...

Wald Duchatelet V1 Kit

Last edited by Manaray; 03-24-01 at 03:48 AM.
Old 03-21-01, 08:51 AM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, that is a tight kit for the 90-94!
Now I want a kit!
How much is it?
Old 03-21-01, 10:15 AM
LexusLady
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, those look so cool!!!
It's amazing, I never envisioned the LS looking so sporty. I love it. So Loule, when you going to get it, and when can we see pics?

C.
Old 03-21-01, 03:06 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Looks like loule is nominated to get that sweet kit!!! it is one of the nicer ones ive seen...edogg put this sight in another post..it has a bunch of pic's from japan...some are TOO much... http://www.homestead.com/aerokits/index_products.html
Old 03-21-01, 04:12 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Default my future kit

these are my favorite ones for the LS 400!!!

http://importfan_ls400.homestead.com...ble_2_bar.html
http://importfan_ls400.homestead.com...r_ferrari.html
i would love these too get one of these but probably could not get one from japan and plus it would cost a ton for the kit and installtion.

this is probably what i will settle for.

http://importfan_ls400.homestead.com/ls400_page5.html

also take a look at this funky stuff !!!
http://importfan_ls400.homestead.com/ls400_lights.html

anybody get some other pictures for 90-94 and 95-97 ls 400's

Last edited by LOTC; 03-21-01 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-22-01, 11:41 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default LS kits...

The Devil's kit is another nice kit. But I would get the Wald kit instead because it's fewer parts so labor will cost a lot less. The Devils kit comes with door caps and unless you have a EXCELLENT body shop, it's gonna look like ****...wavy and such...

Another thing about door caps is that when you open the door, you'll have a huge lip on the sideskirt (2" to 3" more than normal)...something to think about if you get in and out of your car often...one mis-step and "snap"...

I think for a daily driver, the Wald kit is more realistic...for a strict showcar or weekend car, the Devil's kit works nicely...

Devil's Black UCF20/21 MC Before (LS400 9 5-97) looks WICKED in black...but for that body, I think I would do the Exclusive Euro Kit . Even w/o the doorcaps, the car still has a nice "square" look to it (which is what you're trying to accomplish with doorcaps)...

The Exclusive Euro kit is also inexpensive since it's add on parts, it's also inexpensive to install (attaches to your stock bumpers so there's MINIMAL labor...just paint the parts, and apply...no need to worry about foglight alignment, broken tabs, etc..) Retail price (Japanese Yen to US Dollar conversion) is only $1,292.74 (at the current exhange rate)...That's about what an importer should charge you including all shipping/handling fees. Actually, it should be LESS because all the kits that fall under the Evolution umbrella (AutoCouture, Exclusive, Explosion, Signature, etc.) have an established U.S. Importer...so you can just find a shop that can get the parts from the U.S. Importer. I believe that the U.S. Importer is Avanche...

Anyways, I have seen literally THOUSANDS of photos and things for the GS, LS, IS, etc... because I get all the Japanese magazines (for the past few years anyways) so I've seen a lot of cool (and wacky...like that wannabe Ferrari kit for the LS...WTF? It's ugly as ****!) and I think the Devils, Wald, and Evolution (Exclusive) kits look the best...but that's just me...I like the clean passive/aggressive looks (like Brabus, Carlsson, Hartge, etc.)...I'm not into the Ricer Veilside Super Duper Combat Street Fighter look...I leave that to the Civics and Accords...
Old 03-23-01, 12:48 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Default 90-94 LS 400 kits!

hey manaray i have a 1st generation LS 400 90-94. i have been looking all over for kits for this car. i live in the United States. if it is not a problem can you show more kits of this car only if they reasonably easy to acquire and if is a showroom or nice looking kit.
Old 03-23-01, 06:47 AM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

I guess I better be saaaavvvving up!
All and all, nice but fund wise that is a killer!
Maybe if I have money left over with my plans for the car.
Thanks Manaray,
Old 03-23-01, 07:04 AM
Swifty
Pole Position

Default Hey VeilSide has a nice kit for the UCF10!

http://www.veilsideusa.com/CATALOG/A...RK1MODEKL.html
Old 03-24-01, 02:53 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default Veilside...

No offense Swifty, but I don't think that kit really looks good. Veilside's claim to fame is the "combat" look, but we're talking about a LEXUS LS....I think a more luxury kit would be fitting. But, of course, this is my opinion...

Luxury and Class with an Edge is what I think the LS and GS should stand for...the IS and SC would fit the sportier more aggressive image...but I still wouldn't do Veilside. They're kinda old and played out with thousands of knock-off's out there...

loule: I would do the new Exclusive Euro Series kit...Avanche is the importer. Try calling F1 Motorsports (F1 Motorsports ) and the kit shouldn't cost more than $1150 (FSR - Front Side Rear). The Exclusive kit is a add-on kit so it will be relavtively inexpensive to paint and install.

edogg: Since you're also looking for a local solution, I would also recommend the Exclusive kit...it's a nice looking kit that will give your LS that Luxury and Class with an Edge look...I'm not a big white car fan but the LS looks tight with that body kit...now if the car was BLACK, I would black out the entire front grille and that will give a much meaner look...

Here's a picture of the kit...
Attached Thumbnails AutoCouture's New LS Body Kits (LS430 & 400)-excucf10.jpg  
Old 03-24-01, 10:00 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Default exclusive kit

this exclusive kit is nice and clean, but i am looking for a kit with the front bumper to have slots for foglights and how big are the slots for the exhausts because i have the style of the Tanabe Hyper Medalion, i hope you know how they look like. i love the wald kit because it has slots for the foglights, but the back bumper is to small for my exhausts.
Old 03-26-01, 12:03 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default Fog lights and such...

edogg, you could always have the rear bumper modfied to fit your exhaust. If they need to cut it, it's no big deal...but if they have to cut and then add fiberglass, it's a little more work....

As for foglights...hmmm, I don't even turn on my fogs on my GS...If you do a HID conversion (around $500 to $700), you won't need fog lights...
Old 03-26-01, 09:00 AM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

I'm crying here!
Ya'll need to stop teasing me with these kits!
Their not on my budget but damn if ya'll keep going they soon will be!
Peace out!

Quick Reply: AutoCouture's New LS Body Kits (LS430 & 400)