LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Is there a Current Lip for the 95 ls400 ??

Old 03-03-13, 08:28 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by j2b4o
Yea I know that I was just sharing my experience with the site. I looked and they have a lip for the 20 and they have a real pic of fitment for comparison. Andy's has wings west kits and those are definitely not low quality kits, but they are the only kit maker I have tried from Andy's. It is a shame that many of the better company's have gone out of business.
they only have 3 options available for '95-00 on that site, and none are lip kits for the '95-97.

-the '98-00 JP CO USA kit is a urethane version of the silk blaze front lip, I forget if it's a direct copy but as it's in urethane and not fiberglass that's kind of a gray area in terms of being a knock off.

-the extreme dimensions kits are all knock offs and of iffy fitment (google it and you'll see what I mean), the only exceptions are the wings west knock offs, which aren't really knock offs since ED or seibon or VIS owns the Wings West brand (or something like that). Quality is mediocre on these, though it's been years since I heard of anyone buying one.

-The Sarona Designs kits are knock offs, no idea on fitment, '95-97 is autocouture.
Old 03-03-13, 08:31 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by Shantz
Sounds horrid like , but I do not in anyway mean a goddy ugly lip, I just want a nice simple lip , I do agree its sad that knock offs take the real companies out of business however I dont usually for the most part believe that the original is soooo much better than it should be 5-7k for a lip kit if another company can make a kit with cheaper materials for less than 1k , its too far a stretch in price for me to agree on , if the original company was willing to bring down prices over time witch ive almost never seen , most of these companies make a kit for a 95 during 1995 , then 6-8 yrs later havent come down on pricing much at all its a little rediculous to think it shouldnt drop in price for several reasons

1 Those cars drop considerably in price from point A -B
2 The lack of sales on a kit for an older car should prompt reason to drop pricing to make more attractive pricing for those that purchased used vehicles

Its kinda of like buying last years model , price should go down and too often the prices dont , by the time a company has the time to make a knock off your price should make it worthless for them to do so .. generally the knock offs dont come out til years after the originals .

this is just my experience with knock offs of almost any sort , wheels in particular , usually even spending the lower cost , knock of makers will wait to make sure the wheels they pick to duplicate are popular , I dont mind knock offs cause Im not showing the car and I like to drive my car , I also live in new england where buying wheels for 4k and driving them into the ground would **** me off in a year , where as driving knock offs down to the bone wouldnt phase me cause they have served there perpose , I would almost rather buy 3 sets of knock offs for that same 3-4k and have new wheels every couple of years than sport the same beat up REAL , Works , volks ect .... unless my car was garaged and show only , thats a totally different ball game ...

I even feel the same about paint , I dont want to have a stomach ulser everytime I hear pebbles bouncing off my paint cause I paid 10k for a real nice paint job, I DRIVE my cars so a cheap paint job every few years makes more sense for me .. =0)

hope atleast one person understands my little rant hahahaha

Shantz
You can justify it however you want, I for one don't support knock offs unless i'm A-going to hack it up for a custom application to the point that the quality and look of the original doesn't matter or B-going to destroy it weekly (ie-drifting, badly at that.)

Wald has an exclusive distributor, based out of california.
http://www.wald.co.jp/areas/usa.html
Old 03-03-13, 08:36 PM
dengman
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
they only have 3 options available for '95-00 on that site, and none are lip kits for the '95-97.

-the '98-00 JP CO USA kit is a urethane version of the silk blaze front lip, I forget if it's a direct copy but as it's in urethane and not fiberglass that's kind of a gray area in terms of being a knock off.

-the extreme dimensions kits are all knock offs and of iffy fitment (google it and you'll see what I mean), the only exceptions are the wings west knock offs, which aren't really knock offs since ED or seibon or VIS owns the Wings West brand (or something like that). Quality is mediocre on these, though it's been years since I heard of anyone buying one.

-The Sarona Designs kits are knock offs, no idea on fitment, '95-97 is autocouture.
I believe VIS owns Wing West now.
Old 03-03-13, 11:44 PM
Shantz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jonari doesnt offer anything for the LS400 Currently ..
Old 03-04-13, 08:26 AM
TaffyK20si
Driver

I just checked out Jonari as well... no luck. It would be really bad *** to find a distributor that can get the earlier Wald kits. I'd love to have the Wald sport line front lip and the Wald 3-piece rear spoiler.

That being said, why is it so necessary to do extensive amounts of research and tracking down of companies and distributors for EVERY "kit" for these cars. I understand they are old cars but jeez. You can spend hours online and still feel like you've gotten nowhere. Or in this case, spend time looking at a lip that in the end is a knock off and is really the only semi-available kit. It's just frustrating.

Last edited by TaffyK20si; 03-04-13 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-04-13, 10:05 AM
steve2006
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The early UCF10/11 ones are also rare
Attached Thumbnails Is there a Current Lip for the 95 ls400 ??-dscf0051a.jpg  
Old 03-04-13, 11:06 AM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

We shall see how I feel about it , Im going to also make my own eyelids As I did on my accord back in the day ,,

you had a CB? i still have mine! i am very aware of custom fitting other lips onto the car (i.e. acura legend coupe lip).
Old 03-04-13, 09:25 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Jonari doesnt offer anything for the LS400 Currently ..
Originally Posted by TaffyK20si
I just checked out Jonari as well... no luck. It would be really bad *** to find a distributor that can get the earlier Wald kits. I'd love to have the Wald sport line front lip and the Wald 3-piece rear spoiler.

That being said, why is it so necessary to do extensive amounts of research and tracking down of companies and distributors for EVERY "kit" for these cars. I understand they are old cars but jeez. You can spend hours online and still feel like you've gotten nowhere. Or in this case, spend time looking at a lip that in the end is a knock off and is really the only semi-available kit. It's just frustrating.

You guys need to actually pick up a phone and CALL Jonari. They sell ALL the kits that wald makes, albeit they'll be special order from Japan. I had a friend order parts of a 1GS kit not long ago. Jonari is the primary US distributor, if they can't get it new, nobody can.
Old 03-04-13, 10:23 PM
Meyagi
Driver

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
you had a CB? i still have mine! i am very aware of custom fitting other lips onto the car (i.e. acura legend coupe lip).
we both still have ours but rust got to his and i dont drive mine anymore.
Lodollar92lx and noxidea checking in!