LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

please post up any LS400 OEM's if you know them

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-13, 11:40 AM
billydpowe
Lexus Champion

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts

thanks for all the info (I captured it), my next need is engine mounts and a tranny cushion, plus VC gaskets.. any info on that?? {99}.
Old 04-03-13, 08:57 AM
Yamae

Received 855 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by LScowboyLS
どうもありがとう muchas gracias!!
どういたしまして。 De nada. Hablamos japonés y español.
Old 08-07-13, 11:14 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Add one more OEM supplier - Toyo Tire and Rubber makes our engine mounts.

As for the airbag, I wouldn't be surprised if Tokai Rika or Toyoda Gosei did the module integration but the inflators are made by Morton Thiokol who sold their automotive division to Autoliv.
Old 08-07-13, 12:45 PM
UNCNOR
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Toyota doesn't manufacture any fluids, they buy them from the petroleum refiners, Toyota T-IV is just relabeled Mobil 3309 ATF that is just sold in a Toyota bottle. It's Aisin who specifies this fluid.

and if your Mazda dealer has a better price, you can certainly buy your Mobil 3309 from them:

Would like to know who makes Toyota RED coolant?
Old 08-07-13, 04:32 PM
Yamae

Received 855 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by UNCNOR
JAPAN CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES Co.,Ltd.
Their products can be seen at the home page here.
Old 08-07-13, 04:34 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

CCI.

http://cci-il.com/en/about/default.aspx
http://www.ccijp.co.jp/en/

Also, can we get Toyotetsu parts on an aftermarket basis?
Old 08-07-13, 05:00 PM
LScowboyLS
Lexus Champion

Received 81 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by nthach

Also, can we get Toyotetsu parts on an aftermarket basis?
Not that I have been able to find.
Old 08-07-13, 05:40 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Isn't the rear end made by Culito Industries?
Old 08-10-13, 08:02 PM
peterls
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Close to OEM if not even better...

If you cannot get the OEM part, then here is a list of things that are as close as they get, if not the same as OEM in quality:

- AC Delco Air filter, is really the way to go if you want cheap(er) but just as good if not better. I can probably find the link to test that was done with all kinds of filters (not sponsored by AC delco) and it topped them all by far

- AC Delco for fuel filter should be just fine (just changed mine, and it looks almost identical to the original Toyota one)

- I love Wagner Thermoquiet break pads - never a single squeal from them, no dust, and great stopping power

- Red Line 30504 D4 Automatic Transmission Fluid - instead of Toyota D4 is at least as good if not better

Last edited by peterls; 08-10-13 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-10-13, 08:39 PM
UNCNOR
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Not oem

Originally Posted by peterls
If you cannot get the OEM part, then here is a list of things that are as close as they get, if not the same as OEM in quality:

- AC Delco Air filter, is really the way to go if you want cheap(er) but just as good if not better. I can probably find the link to test that was done with all kinds of filters (not sponsored by AC delco) and it topped them all by far

- AC Delco for fuel filter should be just fine (just changed mine, and it looks almost identical to the original Toyota one)

- I love Wagner Thermoquiet break pads - never a single squeal from them, no dust, and great stopping power

- Red Line 30504 D4 Automatic Transmission Fluid - instead of Toyota D4 is at least as good if not better
I'm skeptical.
Old 08-10-13, 09:06 PM
LScowboyLS
Lexus Champion

Received 81 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm skeptical.
Me too!

example, he didn't mention oil filters, but for a reference point, A/C Delco's oil filters have continued their slide in quality over the last decade or more to now be just barely distinguishable on the insides from a no-name generic Chinese junk filter (which are another problem spreading like wildfire)

Last edited by LScowboyLS; 08-10-13 at 09:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jake07 (01-19-22)
Old 08-12-13, 08:47 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Me too!

example, he didn't mention oil filters, but for a reference point, A/C Delco's oil filters have continued their slide in quality over the last decade or more to now be just barely distinguishable on the insides from a no-name generic Chinese junk filter (which are another problem spreading like wildfire)
AC Delco used to make their own filters until GM outsourced filter production to Champion Labs - which is now under the Fram umbrella.

And I avoid Wagner brake parts like the plague.
Old 08-12-13, 10:33 AM
peterls
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts

Me too!

NO, I'd never put ACdelco oil filter. Currently I have a Mobile 1 in there, but intend to put OEM on the next change (just didn't have it available this time). You have to know WHY you are buying non-OEM stuff, have something to go by, not just the name. In that respect, I have researched redline AT fluid and came to conclusion that it is really as good as Toyota's. Then you see how it is when you drive with it, and I can report that it is as smooth as silk.
Old 08-12-13, 10:41 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by peterls
NO, I'd never put ACdelco oil filter. Currently I have a Mobile 1 in there, but intend to put OEM on the next change (just didn't have it available this time). You have to know WHY you are buying non-OEM stuff, have something to go by, not just the name. In that respect, I have researched redline AT fluid and came to conclusion that it is really as good as Toyota's. Then you see how it is when you drive with it, and I can report that it is as smooth as silk.
Mobil 1 filter is also the TRD one.

FWIW, the OEM "service" filter isn't the same as the one installed at the assembly plant. Honda and Subaru use Fram-made service filters. All replacement ones from Toyota are made in Thailand.
Old 08-12-13, 06:48 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

The door lock actuator motor is made by Mabuchi. You can find them on ebay for really cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-pk-MABUCHI-CAR-DOOR-LOCK-MOTORS-DIY-ACTUATOR-REPAIR-Toyota-Lexus-Honda-Ford-/121157567847?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c358dc567
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ators-diy.html

http://www.mabuchi-motor.co.jp/cgi-b..._ID=fc_280pcsc
Attached Thumbnails please post up any LS400 OEM's if you know them-mot-02-2.jpg  

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 08-12-13 at 06:55 PM.

Quick Reply: please post up any LS400 OEM's if you know them