LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Guess who's back on the CL boards!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-12, 05:11 AM
SPhoto
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Guess who's back on the CL boards!?!?

What's up everyone! For those of you that don't know me, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Sean (formerly known as naes on here). I used to own a 91 LS400.

Changed my name because I forgot my pw for my former username and forgot the pw to my email so that I could reset my pw
Anyways, for those of you who know my, again I'm Sean aka SPhoto. I've strayed away from Club Lexus for awhile because I sold my 91 LS and picked up a 99 Q45. From then on, I've been on VSC a lot. Then I got into an accident with my Q (not my fault) and went through insurance but ended up losing the car because it turned out to be a total loss

But now i'm back and just picked up a 95 LS400! Super clean and I got an awesome on this pick up. It was a family member owned vehicle so I know all the history about it. The previous owner had started to build it but then didn't have the time or funds to continue on. The car's pretty much stock, except for drop springs, HID's, and clear bumper turn signal covers. I've got a lot of plans for this car. Has major potential! I'll take some pictures and post up the car tomorrow!

UPDATE: Here's photos of the car

Last edited by SPhoto; 10-19-12 at 04:35 AM.
Old 10-03-12, 05:18 AM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome back.
How would you compare the LS and the Q?
Old 10-03-12, 05:51 AM
SPhoto
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Schnitz
Welcome back.
How would you compare the LS and the Q?
Thanks!
Between the 2 cars, there really aren't that much of a major difference between them. Both had the same luxury feel to them. Interior wise i'd say it's pretty much the same between the Q and LS, except for the 99 Q that i had, that model came with the analog clock and the rear power sunshade/visor. I like either car. As for body wise, from my perspective, if you're looking to get a "gangsta" aggressive looking vip, then the q45 is the right choice for you! The way the body is, and when you slam the car, just sets it off. Also it looks like the roofs been chopped (you know that chopped roof look) which gives it look even more aggressive. For the LS, it's more of a classier, clean cut, square-ish, kinda look. It's more of a bigger body car compared to the Q which seems to be a longer bodied car. Overall, I'd still choose both cars to have I'm in way too deep in this vip lifestyle/culture already, that I wouldn't choose any other car to own other than an ls400 or a q45. I know there's other cars that you can build but these are my 2 preferred choices
Old 10-03-12, 08:08 AM
dengman
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not a fan of the Q45.

Welcome back.
Old 10-03-12, 08:13 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Sean, please pm me with details on your old account so I can get you using it / merge with this one, C
Old 10-03-12, 04:35 PM
SPhoto
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dengman

not a fan of the Q45.

Welcome back.
everyone has their opinions. i have to admit though, it does feel good to be back in an LS again
thanks though!
Old 10-03-12, 05:07 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Welcome Back
Old 10-03-12, 07:08 PM
xtremex626
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

lol i've driven 2 different q45's before and they're slow in terms of speed/power, and they waste a lot of gas compared to the LS.

in my own opinion, the LS is much more modern compared the q45. q45 interior looks pretty old school to me. (dash, radio controls, etc). its heavier i might add as well.

exterior wise, its just as good lookin as the LS, when compared to the 98-00 models at least. i personally choose the LS over the q tho. both have great potential for VIP, nonetheless.

speaking of which, i just shot my buddy's q45 from Royal Flush:

Last edited by xtremex626; 10-03-12 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-03-12, 09:02 PM
SPhoto
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xtremex626
lol i've driven 2 different q45's before and they're slow in terms of speed/power, and they waste a lot of gas compared to the LS.

in my own opinion, the LS is much more modern compared the q45. q45 interior looks pretty old school to me. (dash, radio controls, etc). its heavier i might add as well.

exterior wise, its just as good lookin as the LS, when compared to the 98-00 models at least. i personally choose the LS over the q tho. both have great potential for VIP, nonetheless.

speaking of which, i just shot my buddy's q45 from Royal Flush:

I like old school. That's me. But i'd have to agree on the LS being more modern. The LS is a lot more technical (as in has more cool features lol ). But damn your buddy's Q is looking good!!
Old 10-03-12, 09:07 PM
SPhoto
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
Welcome Back
Thank you
Old 10-19-12, 04:32 AM
SPhoto
Lead Lap

Today I wasn't lazy so I went outside to shoot a few photos to show you the resprayed grille and some interior shots.

Here's my grille that I sprayed black because I didn't like how the grayish color it came in looked against the black color of the car.

And here's some interior photos:

Old 10-19-12, 10:55 AM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

welcome back! LSs are becoming more and more affordable, and parts are fairly common. be sure to keep the maintenance up to date (timing belt, etc) prior to modding. keep us update!
Old 10-19-12, 07:06 PM
SPhoto
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
welcome back! LSs are becoming more and more affordable, and parts are fairly common. be sure to keep the maintenance up to date (timing belt, etc) prior to modding. keep us update!
Thanks and that is already getting taken care of since service is already due. Ordered my parts from Lextreme and just waiting for it to arrive. I got my mechanic doing the maintenance for me
Old 10-20-12, 09:22 PM
BigLexx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First.Glad 2 see you back on CL! Second glad to see you come full circle on rides! I almost purchased a '03 Q45,so I feel ya! Keep us posted on ya progress!
Old 10-20-12, 10:47 PM
hotdawwg
Pole Position

Wow. Very clean car bro!

Quick Reply: Guess who's back on the CL boards!?!?