LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Update on my '92 LS...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-12, 12:24 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Update on my '92 LS...

Its been way overdue for an update on my car... since the last time Ive been on this forum, I have started and finished automotive studies at UTI and now have more time and money to work on my LS. There hasnt been any super crazy upgrades but nice touches have been done all around and the list goes like this: Temporary 17 inch wheels, Louis Vuitton interior, blue LED/neon interior (under dash/ air vents), wooden accents all around interior, LED conversion for EVERY SINGLE light bulb on the interior and outside, 6k HID head lights, clear front bumper turn signals, fiberglass eyelids, chrome/black grill, red tinted tail light turn signals, hood mascot, Tanabe df210 lowering springs (cut), red horns, side markers & chrome window pillars (not included in photos), 10" alpine type R's in the back with 4 speaker surrond alpine type R components on every door, 7 inch pop-out tv with a slim PS2 in the glove compartment, and thats all I can remember for now... this car has been a pleasure to have and drive with very little issues, I would never put so much money and time into an older car unless its an amazing car, and Lexus/Toyotas are just that! Anyways here are pics of when I first bought her to refresh memories until what it is today. PS: BLACK/GREY paint coming next WEEK! I sure cant wait to have this car looking fresh!

More to come as soon car gets painted, more lowering and more wheel coming soon!
Old 08-07-12, 12:58 PM
akitomk3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you do the interior your self and how/ where did you get the leather?
Old 08-07-12, 01:16 PM
cobalt91
Lead Lap

Congrats on finishing school. The ls is lookin good.
Old 08-07-12, 01:39 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

haha nice interior accents. where did you get the fabric?
Old 08-07-12, 02:55 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Thank you guys, ughhhh it would be a miracle if I found out who sold it to me again. I remember it took me weeks to find a leather like/ non fabric LV vinyl with the correct print and texture. I think it was about 200 dollars worth of fabric that I bought... but luckily for you guys I found the seller/website again. I remember it was a bit of a hassle to get the payment thru the website, so i emailed them directly and placed my order then sent payment over pay-pal. This website has everything with GREAT quality... Ive had this LV vinyl installed for almost 2 years and still looks new, no tears, rips or any fading on the material. The website has almost every brand name/color vinyl, this is the EXACT material I ordered. ENJOY! http://www.fabric4home.com/Louis-Vui...brown-p48.html

Last edited by djsurfer; 08-07-12 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-08-12, 12:12 AM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

that interior is really cool. i like
Old 08-09-12, 08:35 PM
JradCelly
Rookie

I like the interior job, did you install it yourself or get somebody to do it for you ? I also like the Junction Produce hood ornament haha sweeet!

I laughed pretty hard at the "4 doors more *****s" sticker I've never seen that before

Awesome ride bro!
Old 08-09-12, 08:52 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Im liking the mods so far except the eyelids
Old 08-10-12, 11:45 AM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Thanks for the compliments a criticism. Yes I know the eye lids are a little thick, I am about to remove them and sand them down a bit thinner and also make them skinnier. Yes the interior I did myself it turned out ok for my first interior job but the OEM foam that comes behind the stock leather (which I re used for the LV vinyl) comes with too many cuts and "waves" in the foam which turns out to a more than less perfect insert but good none of the less. I will be removing the brown inserts and redoing them over again with black gucci or black/grey LV monogram squares to go more with the new black/silver 2 tone paint job that will be started next week. And yes that decal gets quite some comments!
Old 08-18-12, 04:42 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

UPDATES:Car was sent to paint shop on wednseday to recieve black/grey paint job. Luckily found a set of 93-94 side rockers and door panels in great condition to replace the ugly rubber panels, and picked up aswell an E-series MB hood grill/air vent that I will have the paint shop work their magic and mold into the hood... I havent seen anyone do this to an LS, unfortunately I did not measure the size of the "bump" in the center of the hood to check for clearance in the vents but Im sure they might fit. Can someone with a 1st gen please measure the size of that center bump? ILike I said cars at shop so too late to measure but I hope to clear those 37 1/2" inches I need for those air vents to get molded to the hood... Anyways Pictures!!!!

Gucci has also been ordered to re-do interior... finally coming all together!
Old 08-18-12, 08:27 PM
JayR463
Driver School Candidate

that interiors gucc' boiiiiiii lol ****s tough. but on a serious note, lose the ps2 my dude lmao throw a slim ps3 in there if anything
Old 08-18-12, 08:37 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

back-lit A/C vents.... Love it.
Old 08-25-12, 01:56 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Still waiting to get my car back from paint on wednesday, so for now I will finish my interior so I can put it all together when I get the car back. Heres a sneak peek...

Old 08-30-12, 12:26 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Car is finally painted and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! Also got windows tinted and did my center console with same vinyl as doors... Looks better than ever and please DONT MIND THE TINY 17'S AND STILL NOT-SO-LOW SUSPSENSION, coil overs and 19s coming soon dont worry... also added chrome window trim, new hood mascot and JP badges behind back doors...

Look at the reflection off that paint... think this is my first personal pic so everyone can take a look at the man behind the build
Old 08-30-12, 03:06 PM
cobalt91
Lead Lap

Lookin good man.

Quick Reply: Update on my '92 LS...