LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

O.G(ee),,,,,it has finally happened!! Sold my 92

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-12, 08:49 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default O.G(ee),,,,,it has finally happened!! Sold my 92

Well,, after all of these years, I have probably made the hardest decision that I have had to make in a long time. this past weekend, I FINALLY let my prized "baby" go to a new owner. I have had the car for about 8 years now, and the time to part has finally come. With me wanting something a little newer, as well as me losing patience for the pains of an aging car I finally decided to sell it. I have NOT picked up anything new, as of yet, and since money is limited and since I will have to RE-learn how to live with a car payment again, for the time being it probably WON'T be a Lexus. Tho I still have strong love for the brand, right now I will probably just get a lil something to get back and forth with, until I can better my transportation situation (get what I want..); but for the time being am car-less. Doesn't bother me much since I spend 90% of my time driving cross country as a trucker (hence the screen name). I will STILL be active here on the boards as a moderator, and will continue to help out/answer any questions that I can. Bottom line,,,,,yall ain't getting rid of me that easily.

These are officially the last shots of my car as it was being loaded by a friend for transport. Moment of silence please,,,,,,,(lol!!)
Attached Thumbnails O.G(ee),,,,,it has finally happened!! Sold my 92-004-copy-.jpg   O.G(ee),,,,,it has finally happened!! Sold my 92-005-copy-.jpg   O.G(ee),,,,,it has finally happened!! Sold my 92-006-copy-.jpg   O.G(ee),,,,,it has finally happened!! Sold my 92-008-copy-.jpg   O.G(ee),,,,,it has finally happened!! Sold my 92-009-copy-.jpg  

Old 03-07-12, 09:22 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

That is tough to say bye-bye. In good hands going to a friend who will carry on the duty.
Time for everything so we'll be keeping an eye out for your next find.

Come on, give us a hint at what you would like.
Old 03-07-12, 09:42 PM
Raddison
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad times
Old 03-07-12, 10:11 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by RA40
That is tough to say bye-bye. In good hands going to a friend who will carry on the duty.
Time for everything so we'll be keeping an eye out for your next find.

Come on, give us a hint at what you would like.
The guy climbing out the window is not the new owner, he is a friend who owns the pull truck, also a CL member here over in the SC forum. It was sold on Craigslist, and I wanted it out of town so I would never run into it and get sellers remorse. Reason for window climb is b/c you literally cant open the door when it is on the trailer. I honestly havent even started to car shop yet. Have always wanted an 05+ LS430UL, but my pockets aint supporting that just yet. Working on some other priorities.

Last edited by trukn1; 03-07-12 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-08-12, 12:50 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Passing of a giant....

placeholder.

Last edited by PureDrifter; 03-08-12 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-08-12, 04:45 AM
billydpowe
Lexus Champion

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts

I know it was a tuff decision, but we are looking for brighter days ahead for you.... glad you are still on board, we need all the help we can get....
silence.........

Old 03-09-12, 04:41 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Tough decision,,yes,, but it was one that had to be made.
Old 03-09-12, 04:52 PM
NTRUDA
Rookie

I know the feeling when u have 2 part with something u have had 4 so long...but like my uncle told me a long time ago...PRIORITY OVER PLEASURE...I know we all get tremendous pleasure that our LEXUS cars give us but sometimes u gotta handle your business and make sacrifices and decisions...we all understand and we all wish u luck and we all can't wait 2 see your new whip...AS U WERE...
Old 03-09-12, 05:14 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

with all the new cars out there, i know you'll be back to the lexus brand one way or the other. another chapter closes, another begins. best of luck!
Old 03-10-12, 06:16 AM
Dubbayoo
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm gonna need to know more about that grill.
Old 03-10-12, 06:21 AM
ca18det
Rookie

Sorry that you sold your car. I hate that feeling.

On a sidenote could you tell me what grill that is and the eyelids on the headlights ?
Old 03-10-12, 08:35 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Lol,,thanks guys. Yeah I hated to let her go but it was time since I wanted to move on. "The grill is aftermarket by Erebuni, the headlights are JDM 1 piece headlight(imported in), the eyelids are Junction Produce. Pretty hard to find and are kinda rare to find now. I have had mine since 06, when my car was still 2 tone, Had to have them imported in from Japan. You MAY find a pair floating about here in the forums from time to time, but they were not overly popular. Lots of peeps now just make a pair using vinyl overlay. Lots more budget minded that way. This pic is from back in 06, and marked my intro here to CL. Notice the stock grill and headlights are still in place.
Attached Thumbnails O.G(ee),,,,,it has finally happened!! Sold my 92-p5200028.jpg  
Old 03-10-12, 02:53 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
Lol,,thanks guys. Yeah I hated to let her go but it was time since I wanted to move on.
How much did you get?
Old 03-10-12, 04:41 PM
mikes7ke
Pole Position

Man I don't know. Mine is a total money pit and a headache in more ways than I anticipated. At this point in my life, I couldn't even imagine letting mine go. Even if I was offered more than I put into it.
Old 04-23-12, 06:54 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trukn1
The guy climbing out the window is not the new owner, he is a friend who owns the pull truck, also a CL member here over in the SC forum. It was sold on Craigslist, and I wanted it out of town so I would never run into it and get sellers remorse. Reason for window climb is b/c you literally cant open the door when it is on the trailer. I honestly havent even started to car shop yet. Have always wanted an 05+ LS430UL, but my pockets aint supporting that just yet. Working on some other priorities.
No way....wow. The car is in good hands. I can't wait to see what's next.

Quick Reply: O.G(ee),,,,,it has finally happened!! Sold my 92