LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

My new UCF20 and an intro.

Old 10-31-13, 12:33 AM
IwantLS400
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sc0pe
http://www.autornd.com/category-s/8461.htm

Pick your poison, my friend

This link doesnt work anymore... I wanted to drool
Old 10-31-13, 06:46 AM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TaffyK20si
Sir yes sir.
I meant outside of CL, but I get your point.
Bahhumbug
Sometimes we all have to be reminded of the rules. Excuse my ignorance.
The last thing I want is for you to shut his intro thread down.
well someone should still buy them then mass produce some cheaper replicas
Old 11-03-13, 05:33 PM
IwantLS400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 240benzo
well someone should still buy them then mass produce some cheaper replicas
Or ship them cheaper! haha

So i did my strutrod bushings tonight. I went against what everyone told me and went poly. I can tell you right now its not a big deal. It was for the first 2 blocks... I was freaking out cause i could feel every thump,crack and line in the street. after that it was back to the way it was before. Honestly at this point i dont think they needed replacement. They looked good only a little line in them. The arms still had stickers on them but i thought it was the cause of the clunk on my passenger side. Turns out it wasnt. The passenger side no longer clunks but the drivers side did going up the curb at my house. I cant say i'm happy about it but its going to an alignment company that makes and designs camber correction parts and alignment tools. A while back they talked about adding to the LS400 market and making some adjustable arms so they may do it while they have my car. If that is the case i will be slamming it ASAP and putting wheels on it. For now im just driving it and working on the inside and little stuff.
Old 11-23-13, 12:15 AM
IwantLS400
Driver School Candidate

Had the car aligned today and even with the poly bushings its awesome! I notice rougher but tighter feel over cracks in the road. It made the steering tighter feeling tho. I also ditched my 35w hids to try out some 55w ones i found.

55w 4300 headlights (bixenon)and 55w 4300 fogs.

They look like they glare way worse in the camera. They look pretty factory in person
Old 11-23-13, 10:57 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Can you show us a pic of the cut-off?
Old 11-23-13, 04:14 PM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IwantLS400
This link doesnt work anymore... I wanted to drool
I don't know where else to find it with pictures, but there is a vendor by the name of MVP Motorsports that supposedly carries Version:Select parts.
Old 11-29-13, 11:58 PM
IwantLS400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sc0pe
I don't know where else to find it with pictures, but there is a vendor by the name of MVP Motorsports that supposedly carries Version:Select parts.
Thanks i will look in to it more.

So i started the stereo. I will get pics after the trunk is done. I went with a kenwood slim 8. I have the 10's in my crawler and they sound awesome!! Im going to hang a sealed enclosure from the deck and put this in the stock location. My GF got me the sub and mids and highs for my bday yesterday. I already have the mids and highs in. The idea behind this stereo is clean sound not overly bass heavy. I want a factory look and the same quality sound as stock but a little more sound and able to take a full song before it starts sounding like **** at high volume. haha

If anyone is local and needs the stock speaker stuff let me know..Im going to toss it all. It worked fine they weren't blown and even the sub sounded great...just not enough.

Anyone know where i can find a wiring diagram of the factory amp under the passenger seat im told? Im going to see if the alpine i have fits in its spot and see if i can luck out and hit factory wires for the mids and highs from there.
Old 04-30-14, 12:52 AM
IwantLS400
Driver School Candidate

Well, Im back. I got the stereo stuff done and its nice but have been slammed and havent got pics. Im pulling the sub out while the cars down to fix an air leak in between the deck and the box or sub.

yep you read it right...The car is down. About 6 months ago the car started making a funny powersteering ish noise and it wasnt the pump. My buddys a mastertech and has seen it a bunch. Somewhere along the line the pump got starved in the tranny and messed up the bushing so he said it was a matter of time before it blew. I chose to drive it and let it blow. I have another tranny for it ready to go in so were swapping that in the coming weeks.

I have some questions...

My buddy says i can run dextron 3 in the tranny.....anyone? I have also heard dealer only...IDK what to believe

Is there a Tq converter better then what the 96 had? the guy i got the tranny from wound up using it and he had another but the bolt patternt is off by 1/8" i could change the flywheel but idk if the tooth count is the same or if they are the same size. I dont have one out to compare. So any advice would be good here. I want to replace it while its out.

My mounts look good and everything looked good last time it was on the lift but i will be replacing anything i need. The car was bugging me for a while and now that im daily driving my truck i remember why i got it. I miss that car and am glad i didnt trade it in on a newer 4runner

Thanks for any help...
Old 04-30-14, 05:37 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Toyota T-IV for sure in the tranny.