LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Bulldozed a fence at gunpoint

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-12, 09:39 PM
rmoriar1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bulldozed a fence at gunpoint

TL;DR, pics at bottom, can anyone give me repair estimates

Me and my cousin were out cruising ('00 LS) this afternoon when we decided to tail some cars. Basically the objective is to follow a car as discreetly as possible until they eventually notice and try and lose you. The third car we happened upon was a black 335i, which was occupied by 2 black males roughly 30 years in age.

We pulled out behind him after exiting a shopping center and followed as he made his first left down a residential side street. Noticing us accelerating up behind him he increased his speed up to nearly 60 in a 30. After backing off a bit we followed him as he turned right at a T junction. With one car separating us at this point he quickly made his first left as it turned amber. Not wanting to lose him we swerved to the left as the light turned red.

Now noticeably suspicious, the driver of the BMW slowed down to a crawl as we came up right behind him. After turning right at the first intersection he approached, he again increased his speed and turned left down a windy road which (unknown to me at the time) led to a large commuter parking lot. I approached the parking lot cautiously just to see him cross the train tracks into a concealed back lot enclosed in fencing which extended horizontally for about 50 yards in both directions. Seeing this, I came to a stop planning on ending the tail here.

However, my cousin under the impression that there was a road over the tracks convinced me to continue on. As we crossed the tracks we both looked to the right to see the BMW parked at the end of the lot facing in our direction with both doors ajar and both occupants pointing guns straight at us. Stunned, I threw the steering wheel all the way to the left and slammed on the gas in an attempt to make a quick 180 out the way we came. As the LS whipped around it became apparent it wasn't going to make it all the way. After making the split second decision of whether to blast through the end of the fencing or to reverse and become target practice for these two seemingly deranged African Americans I slammed on the gas knocking the pole straight off its foundation and got the **** out of there.

Here's the damage :

Fender and all lights are undamaged. Bumper has to go obviously as well as the piece right below the headlights and the undercarriage piece.
Old 01-01-12, 09:46 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Not too bad for damage, you're lucky.

I'd say I feel bad for you.........but I'm trying not to lie this year.

You probably came near to becoming a recipient of a Darwin Award. These games were fun back in the day when society wasn't as f****ed up as it is now. I wouldn't dream of doing this to anybody that isn't a friend of mine....for that exact reason. You question the sanity of the guys that pulled a gun on you.......they're probably wondering about your sanity........
Old 01-01-12, 09:50 PM
S30ZG
Pole Position

Well from the sound of it you kinda got what you deserved. Maybe you shouldn't follow random cars around because you never know what the driver may do when they feel threatened.
Old 01-01-12, 10:03 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Another thing I forgot to mention, I have had 2 previous encounters where I was tailed. One ended in police intervention....the second just about ended in violence.

I obtained a concealed weapons permit this year for a reason.
Old 01-01-12, 10:37 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

hahahahahahhahahah karmas a ***** isnt it?
Old 01-01-12, 10:40 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
hahahahahahhahahah karmas a ***** isnt it?
Post of the day You sir win the Internet.
Old 01-01-12, 10:51 PM
TheBry
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy New Year! Haha.
Old 01-01-12, 11:05 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

So you follow random cars for fun like it's a game?? your lucky you didn't get shot...
Old 01-01-12, 11:13 PM
Rey
Pole Position

All I gotta say is, you and your cousin are retarded and I don't feel bad for you one bit. That is all...
Old 01-01-12, 11:19 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rmoriar1
Uh, probably ought to try a body shop. Estimates without seeing the vehicle are not going to mean much.

Me and my cousin were out cruising ('00 LS) this afternoon when we decided to tail some cars.
By what conceivable mental process did you arrive at the conclusion this might be a good idea?

Basically the objective is to follow a car as discreetly as possible until they eventually notice and try and lose you. The third car we happened upon was a black 335i, which was occupied by 2 black males roughly 30 years in age. . . .
And this was supposed to be some kind of "fun"? Stalking someone constitutes a threat and is a great way to get the tar beaten out of you, if not shot.

However, my cousin under the impression that there was a road over the tracks convinced me to continue on. As we crossed the tracks we both looked to the right to see the BMW parked at the end of the lot facing in our direction with both doors ajar and both occupants pointing guns straight at us.
For which I might congratulate them for their application of sound thinking. If you're cornered, prepare a defensive position and bring up the artillery.

and become target practice for these two seemingly deranged African Americans I slammed on the gas knocking the pole straight off its foundation and got the **** out of there.
Obviously you've been watching too many cop shows or playing far too much X-box.
  • Those two "deranged African-Americans" showed great fire discipline by NOT putting a few rounds into you. Given your aggressive behavior, no jury in the world would convict them either.

• Can you imagine what your defense might sound like? . . . How do you defend a couple of morons who just for fun try to follow, then chase people at high speed through residential streets with what appears to be a clear intent to commit mayhem on them? You don't.

• Drawing down on you was about their only option, given they had pretty good evidence that you were up to no good and you were attempting to corner them well out of public view. Was your intent robbery? Murder? They had no way of knowing.

• Given the circumstances, consider yourselves extremely lucky to have received no more than some self-inflicted cosmetic damage to your car. You could have easily been killed, and for what?
Thank God Bevis and Butthead got away with this one. How old are you guys anyway, NINE?
Old 01-01-12, 11:26 PM
whit3b0y
Pole Position

I think this is the dumbest game I've ever heard of. I really don't see where you thought this was going when it started. I don't see this game ending in any other way that it did.
If i was the BMW driver I would assume jackers. I would stick in the neighbor hood where i noticed you following me. In doing so i would look for alleys or back roads. Any place to throw down, that I'm not ganna get spotted by an officer or a citizen. Once you were unconscious I would make your car UN-drivable and beat the **** out of it as well. I don't condone their behavior but I agree with it. your lucky you drove away safe!
If your ganna play dumb games stick to tag or leapfrog. I would not worry about the damage. Pretty sure that this will replay in the near future. No cents in fixing it over and over again. .
Old 01-01-12, 11:34 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

oh yeah you guys feeling good now huh? shake my mf head. the level of maturity of you guys are not there yet for you to be in a car like this.
Old 01-02-12, 12:17 AM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 293 Likes on 241 Posts

Me and my cousin were out cruising ('00 LS) this afternoon when we decided to tail some cars. Basically the objective is to follow a car as discreetly as possible until they eventually notice and try and lose you.
You're an idiot.
Old 01-02-12, 01:06 AM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best thread of 2012!!!
Old 01-02-12, 01:26 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

what is this i don't even....

i mean i tried to think about it for a few minutes but it still ends with me like this

Quick Reply: Bulldozed a fence at gunpoint