LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

new and have a clean one here

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-11, 09:02 PM
Harlock
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default new and have a clean one here

picked this 400 up today. has new adjustable coil overs, HIDeez , next is wheels . i may only step up to 18's.

more pics to follow .

oh and some of your guys cars got me DROOLING
Old 10-26-11, 11:52 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

welcome to ClubLexus, congrats on the pickup.
Old 10-27-11, 09:42 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Congrats on the new ride.
I'm a bit curious...does it have the fender liners and or mods to the fenders? I suspect it had wheels on it prior to the previous owner selling it.
Old 10-27-11, 10:05 AM
Harlock
Driver

Originally Posted by RA40
Congrats on the new ride.
I'm a bit curious...does it have the fender liners and or mods to the fenders? I suspect it had wheels on it prior to the previous owner selling it.
thank you.

it goes up on a lift today. i will be sure to check for the liners. thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-27-11, 10:08 AM
Harlock
Driver

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
welcome to ClubLexus, congrats on the pickup.
thank you. i wanted a nice big car that was affordable to drive. i have always had my eye on one of these ls400's i cant believe how clean the int is on this car.
Old 10-27-11, 07:19 PM
Harlock
Driver

Old 10-27-11, 07:32 PM
Harlock
Driver

figured out a good name for it. shes name after a large japan anime space ship that was ahead of its time. fitting name for a Lexus considering it was ahead its time, ahead of it rivals.

really needs some new shoes. passed its saftey today with needing only brake pads and a lower pan gasket . other than that she should be rolling along for a good while.
Old 10-28-11, 12:52 AM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

looks great, and with window visors too! nice door handles. i can dig it! mileage?

be sure to do the maintenance on it that you don't see, such as the timing belt and fluids. it could be ticking time bomb and i would hate to see the new car get tossed b/c maintenance was overlooked. i don't mean to scare you, just looking out for a fellow owner! welcome!
Old 10-28-11, 04:57 AM
VanCityLS4
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Nice find. I'm feelin the color dumped on 16 inch chrome!
Old 10-28-11, 05:30 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 312 Likes on 269 Posts

First, welcome to CL. Nice clean LS, try and keep it that way, keep up with mainanence and you'll be happy with it. I'm a pretty much "stock" guy but some cars look good to me lowered. It might be b/c I've seen so many lowered with wheels but yours doesn't look right (to me) lowered with stock chrome wheels. I hate to say that but it's only one man's opinion. Do whatever maintanence and then get some wheels on that thing. Congrats on the purchase.
Old 10-28-11, 09:25 AM
Harlock
Driver

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
looks great, and with window visors too! nice door handles. i can dig it! mileage?

be sure to do the maintenance on it that you don't see, such as the timing belt and fluids. it could be ticking time bomb and i would hate to see the new car get tossed b/c maintenance was overlooked. i don't mean to scare you, just looking out for a fellow owner! welcome!
miles 174,437

we changed the fluids yesterday, and plan on the t-belt here right quick as well i called Toyota to run the vin and its been a bit since its had one. there supposed to be done every 60,000 from what i remember. i haven't done one of theses belts in a while.
Old 10-28-11, 09:31 AM
Harlock
Driver

Originally Posted by deanshark
First, welcome to CL. Nice clean LS, try and keep it that way, keep up with mainanence and you'll be happy with it. I'm a pretty much "stock" guy but some cars look good to me lowered. It might be b/c I've seen so many lowered with wheels but yours doesn't look right (to me) lowered with stock chrome wheels. I hate to say that but it's only one man's opinion. Do whatever maintanence and then get some wheels on that thing. Congrats on the purchase.
Hey to each his own for sure, i can respect that. wheels are on the list of things to change. but after the timing belt. the car passed a full safty with good remarks.

i'm generally not a fan of chrome my self. i would like to go with a multi spoke powder coated wheel of some sort like these :

http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-rim...C%20Black.html

the ones i want are tenzo wheels i forget what site there on but they look like the ones in the link. or have any suggestions?
Old 10-28-11, 11:20 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 312 Likes on 269 Posts

Don't ask me for suggestions on wheels b/c I'm nothing but "stock". As for the timing belt, it's not too bad to change. Just read up on it as much as you can before you do it so there's no surprises. There's plenty of threads on here about the T-belt if you just search for "timing belt change". This is one of them; https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...e-95-96-a.html It says 95-96 but it's also for 97. Just ask before you do it if you're not sure about something and you'll get it done with no problems.
Old 10-28-11, 12:13 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

www.vrwheels.com and www.memoryfab.com

better off buying some quality japanese wheels to the tenzo crap.
check the classifieds here too.
Old 10-28-11, 12:24 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice pick up! Check out Vossen Wheels!

Quick Reply: new and have a clean one here