LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

New member with 93 pearl white/black leather

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-11, 05:11 PM
JDMxJOE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member with 93 pearl white/black leather

Just here to introduced myself..I recently purchased a 93 LS400 in Pearl white with black leather, Nakamichi premium sound. From what I read white on black is extremely rare =]..so far I've put 2006 GS300 wheels, clear bumper lights and everything led in the interior and liscense plate. As the car progresses I will add pics to update the vehicle.

Sept 2011 :

Oct 2011 :
Old 10-23-11, 05:14 PM
SkulCracka
Pole Position

ya nice find...
Old 10-23-11, 05:28 PM
JDMxJOE
Driver School Candidate

Thanks..forgot to mention I sourced a JDM Imperi grill for it. Its soon to be dipped in chrome.
Old 10-23-11, 05:53 PM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

I love your interior. Excellent ride.

Where did you get your clear headlights from?
Old 10-23-11, 05:54 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

very clean so far, great start

Welcome to Clublexus.
Old 10-23-11, 06:14 PM
JDMxJOE
Driver School Candidate

The headlights are OEM sir..the bumper lights I found on Craigslist of all places for 20 bucks. EBay also sells alot of them. Combo deals with the red and clear taillights for 168ish shipped I believe. Thanks for the compliments the interior is amazingly clean. None of the seats have tears or side bolster wear. Rear seat is practically new. Headliner is all black as well.
Old 10-23-11, 06:21 PM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

Oh ok. Yeah, I see the red/clear tail lights for around $135-$200, depending on where you get it from.

Again, your interior looks hella nice. You wouldn't happen to know the cost to get them replaced or repainted, would you?

I currently have a beige/grey interior, and want it black.
Old 10-23-11, 11:17 PM
JDMxJOE
Driver School Candidate

Im not to sure..there's a contracted upholstery guy that does leather for new cars at my dealership. I can ask how much it would be to do the seats but the rest would be up to u to find all the door panels, carpet, headliner, dash ect...I love my interior..everyone that sits in my car can't believe its 18 years old. It also has new tint 15% front and rear. I'm actually considering painting it black Pearl...possibly 2 tone black Pearl with carbon gray metallic body panels/bumpers. U should get the bumper/taillights it looks really nice. I'm ordering my taillights along with new bulb harnesses..my bulb sockets are old and corroded and sometimes doesn't make contact with the bulb.
Old 10-24-11, 05:55 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 312 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMxJOE
The headlights are OEM sir..the bumper lights I found on Craigslist of all places for 20 bucks. EBay also sells alot of them. Combo deals with the red and clear taillights for 168ish shipped I believe. Thanks for the compliments the interior is amazingly clean. None of the seats have tears or side bolster wear. Rear seat is practically new. Headliner is all black as well.
Welcome to CL. The bumper lights, you should take them out and reseal them, if you haven't already. They're known to leak, my car came with them when I bought it and within 4 months I threw them in the dumpster. Personally I don't think you should paint it, It looks great, keep it pearl white, if it's black it would just blend in with the rest of the black LSs. The seats, you should treat them with some kind of softener, you guys get some serious heat out there and those cracks show up alot more with the black interior. I love that color combo. Again, welcome.
Old 10-24-11, 06:39 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

nice rare color combo u got there.
Old 10-24-11, 10:44 PM
JDMxJOE
Driver School Candidate

Thanks..but I have decided...its getting painted black Pearl...I just love black LS400s so elegant..
Old 10-25-11, 11:15 AM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

wow i never knew they made this color combo! sweet deal. how many miles? as for the LED interior lights, where do you get the bulbs from? looking great here sir!
Old 10-25-11, 01:28 PM
JDMxJOE
Driver School Candidate

It has 124k miles..it leaks from the crank pulley seal but it drives fine..My friend in town has a small business where he sells led/hid and his wife sells makeup...so i bought all the leds for 48 dollars including the license plate bulbs. I got 2 foot well leds, map led, mini map leds, rear leds, rear second leds, 4 door leds, 2 license plate leds. I still need the glove box led which is the same as the footwells..and he owes me reverse light leds which i am picking up this weekend.
Old 10-26-11, 06:12 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 312 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMxJOE
It has 124k miles..it leaks from the crank pulley seal but it drives fine.
Hopefully that crank seal isn't leaking too bad b/c oil, and grime, can get on the timing belt and weaken the belt or make it slip and jump time. If I was you I'd think about changing it very soon. If you take it all apart to do that you might as well put it a new T-belt/water pump, seeing how it's off. Or you can just wait it out untill the belt goes on it's own. It wont do anything to the engine, it will just leave you stranded with the 93. (NON interference) http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/engine/timingbelt.html
Old 10-26-11, 09:26 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

That's what we in the GS forum would call a "unicorn." Nice pick up!

Quick Reply: New member with 93 pearl white/black leather