LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

A little bit about me and my LS

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-11, 03:57 AM
Mizzark
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little bit about me and my LS

Hello everyone! My name is Mark, however, I am mostly known as "Mizzark" by a large majority of my friends. I have been a member on this forum for a couple months, but I have yet to properly introduce myself and my build. Although having things served to me on a silver platter would be great, I will start by saying that everything materialistic that I have owned, including anything related to cars since the age of 16 has been bought with my own hard earned money, so although I don't have the best things on my car, I will say that I appreciate everything I am able to buy and do to/for it. Prior to owning my recently acquired LS, I have owned quite a few cars already, which include 3 1988 Mitsubishi Starions, 2 Nissan 240sx's (s13 hatch's) which both had an SR swap and a ton of mods, a 94 Pathfinder AWD, a 06 Nissan Frontier LE crew cab, a 2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R(which I regret ever selling), and now I only own my lifted 2007 Nissan Titan crew cab and this Lexus I am writing this thread about. A couple of months ago, I was finally able to purchase my very own 95 LS400 from a young lady whom didn't feel as though the car was suitable for her. I was able to agree upon a purchase price and took the car home the next day. The day after I brought the car home, I purchased a set of Megan Street LP's and a set of wheels from a friend that had spare rims laying around. With a wedding coming up in April of next year, I'm on a fairly tight budget as to what I can spend on certain things, meaning this build may take a while to complete, but I will keep this thread updated as things come along. Here are some photo's starting from day one for your viewing pleasure. I know there may be things about my car that we may not agree upon, but nonetheless, thank you all for taking the time to view my thread, and please be polite. <3

First off, here's a mod list:
1995 Lexus LS400 two tone black and gray with black interior
Megan Street LP coilovers
20x9.5 MRR HR3 rims all around wrapped in 225/35/20 tires. (Had a staggered set of HR3's but I liked the look of 9.5's all around much better so I bought a new pair of 9.5's for the front)
Junction Produce neck pillows
6k 55watt DDM Tuning HID headlights
DDM LED's on all interior lights and majority of exterior lights excluding turn signals.
Insurance Group LED tail lights and clear bumper lights
Off brand Japanese window curtains (Getting some Junction Produce ones when some money frees up.)
Big crystal shift ****
Pioneer AVIC D3 and 2 12" Sony Xplod subs and Performance Teknique 1800 watt amp.
Some other mods but I'll update as soon as I can remember.

Day one:

Picture of the car the two nights later after a day of wrenching with Megan coilovers and a set of used BBS LM replica's which are the rims I got from a friend:

A week later after installing a new staggered set (20x8.5 and 20x9.5) of MRR HR3's and new tires:

All washed and getting ready to be waxed after I put on my Insurance Group LED tail lights:

Getting custom true dual exhaust made by a friend Rene of RMS Motorsports:

Oh, and here's a rolling shot in the 1st street tunnel in DTLA taken by one of my best friends Yogi:

Pic I took about 3 weeks ago when I got my Monoblock III's:

A pic taken by a friend during a little shoot he did:

A large majority of these pictures are taken with my HTC Evo, so please excuse the quality. I will update with more info and pics as I upload them onto my computer.
Old 07-18-11, 06:23 AM
billydpowe
Lexus Champion

Received 173 Likes on 130 Posts

nice looking LS, you must be into wheels......
I just like the stockers.. my 2 99's
Attached Thumbnails A little bit about me and my LS-100_2267.jpg   A little bit about me and my LS-100_1825.jpg  

Last edited by billydpowe; 07-18-11 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-18-11, 08:23 AM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 312 Likes on 269 Posts

I agree with Billy, I'm another "stock" guy, but your car looks good so far. You'll be all set when you figure out what wheels you want to keep on it. What do you have, like 18 sets? I prefer the ones in the last pic. Keep up the good work on it getting it to the way you want it.
Old 07-18-11, 11:26 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Looking good...fast build-up too.
Though we've seen them, the MRR HR3's look good on our cars.

The tails are Can you snap a few closer up with them on?
Old 07-18-11, 03:24 PM
sleepywgn
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Here you go RA40.

Its was hard to balance the dark setting and the tail lights.
Here one with me!
Old 07-18-11, 03:43 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Thanks!
I am developing lust for these LED tails. My stock build is so conservative, I'd have to do more to keep the flow right...
Old 07-18-11, 04:56 PM
Shamwow
Driver School Candidate

love the HR3's

great lookin car
Old 07-18-11, 05:05 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

those tails are coming along nicely, did you have to cut the stock housing or were you able to get it apart with heat?
Old 07-18-11, 08:05 PM
deanbrown
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Dumb question here, but what happens when you go over a big bump while turning?
Old 07-18-11, 10:25 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Hard turn on an aggressive wheel fitment leads to dimple-crinkle unattended fender rolling. Not pretty.
Old 07-18-11, 11:14 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

those fenders are more flexible than they look, mine are proof of that lol.
Old 07-19-11, 08:20 PM
Mizzark
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys. I've been really busy with wedding planning so I haven't checked this thread since the day I posted it. I'll be responding to everyone later on tonight when I get on my PC. Thanks for the compliments, guys!
Old 07-19-11, 08:37 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to CL Mark, your LS looks stunning and I love those Monoblocks. Now a front lip would look good.
Old 07-19-11, 11:55 PM
Mizzark
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by billydpowe
nice looking LS, you must be into wheels......
I just like the stockers.. my 2 99's
I do love wheels. Lol. Just trying to find the perfect set to keep... I think the Monoblocks are it. And your car looks so mint! I wish mine was in that condition. Lol.

Originally Posted by deanshark
I agree with Billy, I'm another "stock" guy, but your car looks good so far. You'll be all set when you figure out what wheels you want to keep on it. What do you have, like 18 sets? I prefer the ones in the last pic. Keep up the good work on it getting it to the way you want it.
Thanks, man! Monoblocks are probably gonna remain on the car for a while.. I think. lol

Originally Posted by RA40
Looking good...fast build-up too.
Though we've seen them, the MRR HR3's look good on our cars.

The tails are Can you snap a few closer up with them on?
Thanks for the kind words. I have no patience, so I tend to do things super quickly. It's at a halt for now because of my wedding, but I'll be continuing the project little by little with whatever money I can spare. I do love the HR3's a lot. I just love the look of the Monoblocks more. lol

Thanks!
I am developing lust for these LED tails. My stock build is so conservative, I'd have to do more to keep the flow right...
The tail lights make it look so much more current. You won't regret getting them! Makes a world of a difference in looks.

Originally Posted by Shamwow
love the HR3's

great lookin car
Thank you! I love the HR3's as well. If they only made better sizes and custom offsets =(

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
those tails are coming along nicely, did you have to cut the stock housing or were you able to get it apart with heat?
I wish I could say I fabricated these, but I bought them like that. They are Insurance Group LED tails.

Originally Posted by deanbrown3
Dumb question here, but what happens when you go over a big bump while turning?
I'd rip the fender =(. I need fender work anyway, so it might be a good thing. I'd be forced to fix it immediately. This is my daily driver. Lol..

Hard turn on an aggressive wheel fitment leads to dimple-crinkle unattended fender rolling. Not pretty.
Exactly! hahaha

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
those fenders are more flexible than they look, mine are proof of that lol.
They are pretty flexible. My tires rub before I get a half of one rotation on the steering wheel. I hate U-turns now. And 3 point turns. I still want to lower the car more though.. It just that this is my daily.. by choice. My other car is a lifted Nissan Titan with some 35" tires so gas mileage sucks on it. Only option is air ride.. but that's gotta wait till after the wedding.

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
Welcome to CL Mark, your LS looks stunning and I love those Monoblocks. Now a front lip would look good.
Thank you very much! I've been looking for a lip kit, but NOBODY stocks aero for the car. And I HATE HATE HATE waiting. And sadly, aero is SOOOOOO expensive. I want to get the perfect kit, whether it be a full body or just a lip kit, and get it right the first time so I don't have to regret spending that much and end up wanting to change it. I think I'm going to end up going with Aimgain. If I can ever save that much. I would definitely need to get my cup kit first though.
Old 07-20-11, 12:15 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You should check WALD out. Their lip kits are sexy lol.

Quick Reply: A little bit about me and my LS